• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda writer Samantha Wallschlaeger hired as new lead writer for Bloodlines 2

Bkdk

LMAO, I remember the trailer year ago showing this game do have some good looking female chars. Now I’m sure they will cut their hair away, and I lose all interest in this game as well.

Megatron

I know ME was a flaming sack of dogshit, was that due to the writing? what Other writing credits does she have? Hard to kill her over one bad game. We don’t know how it was edited.

Hudo

Actually, all the proof that exists directly contradicts them and shows they were massively exaggerated.
Well, I stand corrected. But it doesn't surprise me one bit that there's actual evidence directly contradicting the bullshit this chick was spouting on Twitter. It's as if one can make bullshit up and post it on Twitter and the alleged is guilty until proven innocent...
But will all the companies who then proceeded to kick Avellone out come forward and at least apologize? Most likely not.

If you can't rein in your insults, maybe stay off twitter, Samantha - this aged well and not adversarial at all:

uqkiz2I.jpg

Game dev needs a thick skin, not reactionary backlash that makes you look even worse.

Faithless83

Banned

Some interesting facts about this situation:

- She worked on ME: Andromeda in the past.
- She'll be taking over Brian Mitsoda's position in the company.
- She's the one responsible for canceling Chris Avellone from various upcoming games after sexual accusations against him.

Looks like another solid nail in the Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 coffin.

And now Bloodlines 2 entered the "Avoid like the plague" territory to me.
Thank you for the info.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I've yet to play the first one, but I've heard very good things specially regarding it´s writing.

If Bloodlines 2 is going to be a janky game like the first one, but without the charm that comes with good atmosphere and writing... I dunno man, looks dead to me.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I've yet to play the first one, but I've heard very good things specially regarding it´s writing.

If Bloodlines 2 is going to be a janky game like the first one, but without the charm that comes with good atmosphere and writing... I dunno man, looks dead to me.

Well, first of all you should play it, it will probably be on sale for a few bucks during the next Steam sale which will be very soon, like maybe tomorrow.

The first game used the Source engine, while it was in development with HL2, and Troika had issues working with it and implementing their own systems, the game was pushed out the door and very buggy, but over the years fan patches fixed those problems and hardware got more powerful and it's a brilliant game that still holds up. This new one is using UE4, so it should all work out fine, and I dunno, the early reveals looked pretty badass, and it looked like the studio had a good handle on what it was doing, but it has unraveled over time.

Spaceman292

Banned

Some interesting facts about this situation:

- She worked on ME: Andromeda in the past.
- She'll be taking over Brian Mitsoda's position in the company.
- She's the one responsible for canceling Chris Avellone from various upcoming games after sexual accusations against him.

Looks like another solid nail in the Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 coffin.

Holy shit you couldn't make this stuff up

If you can't rein in your insults, maybe stay off twitter, Samantha - this aged well and not adversarial at all:

uqkiz2I.jpg

Game dev needs a thick skin, not reactionary backlash that makes you look even worse.
"you'll never enjoy games again and that makes me happy"

That's pretty nasty. Being happy that someone is losing enjoyment isn't the mindset of someone i would trust to bring happiness to the fans of a franchise. It sounds like she's doing it as some kind of power trip

GrayChild

Gold Member
I pre-ordered Bloodlines 2 immediately after it was announced.

The original is still one of my favorite games of all time.

I kept my pre-order even when that feminazi Cara Ellison joined the team. I refused to cancel it even when the whole wokeness/forced diversity bullshit took off. I kept it even after the first gameplay presentation when the game looked janky as fuck.

I was still rooting for the game EVEN after Mitsoda and Avellone got fired for no good reason.

This was the final straw. Fuck this game and everyone involved.

It's the fact the writer in question wrote the universally panned trainwreck of Mass Effect Andromeda. This isn't a specific group who found the game and the writing to be shit. Check the vast majority of reviews, both critical and user.

The claim people are only apprehensive because she is a woman is a bizarre flex that you are taking. For example, most people consider Amy Hennig to be one of the best writers/directors. If Hennig got the writing position many would have their hype go through the roof for this game.

But, you play to the tired narrative you want to.
Oh God, the thought of Amy Henning set loose in the World of Darkness just made me chub up a bit.

David Cernat

Neo Member
Well, I stand corrected. But it doesn't surprise me one bit that there's actual evidence directly contradicting the bullshit this chick was spouting on Twitter. It's as if one can make bullshit up and post it on Twitter and the alleged is guilty until proven innocent...
But will all the companies who then proceeded to kick Avellone out come forward and at least apologize? Most likely not.

I don't know if they'll ever apologize, but — If the evidence becomes common knowledge and Chris launches legal action — his reputation will be restored in the end.

My exoneration video is up to 10k views as of right now, so I'm doing what I can:

"you'll never enjoy games again and that makes me happy"

That's pretty nasty. Being happy that someone is losing enjoyment isn't the mindset of someone i would trust to bring happiness to the fans of a franchise. It sounds like she's doing it as some kind of power trip
She's forgetting about Japanese games which don't cater to or give a shit about harpies like her.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I don't know if they'll ever apologize, but — If the evidence becomes common knowledge and Chris launches legal action — his reputation will be restored in the end.

My exoneration video is up to 10k views as of right now, so I'm doing what I can:

They canceled Nolan Bushnell, a guy who literally invented the video game industry, on completely fake made up shit. They don't care, this is about accruing status and power, and the current video game industry is happy to give it to them.

Piku_Ringo

Banned

Who is this David Cnet guy tho?

Last edited:
I'm not buying this SJW trash game with a person like this being the one responsible for one of the most important aspects of the game, but we all had the suspicion that it would be one of those games.

Also, stop putting pronouns in your bios, you look like idiots.

Top Bottom