• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Wolverine | PS5 Showcase Reveal Trailer

Felt the need to share this. :messenger_beaming:

KQme73L.png

Ebay and Amazon are awesome. I love finding, buying, and playing games you can't get anymore.

Reactions: WoJ

Woodchipper

Wolverine games have been on Xbox and other formats historically, Insomniac games have made games for Xbox previously.

this means the game is coming out on Xbox right? (despite official statements)
Think of the money they're leaving on the table by making it exclsuive!, what company is going to do that...
/s
Wtf? You know Insomniac is a Sony owned studio now, right? Fucking Spider-Man(!) is exclusive, so why wouldn’t Wolverine be?

yurinka

Wait full size, does this mean it's a little more bigger than Miles morales? and mature tone seems about right, not sure if that hints towards blood and gore.
Means a size more similar to the first Spider-Man, not a shorter spin-off like Miles Morales.

Wolverine games have been on Xbox and other formats historically, Insomniac games have made games for Xbox previously.

this means the game is coming out on Xbox right? (despite official statements)
Think of the money they're leaving on the table by making it exclsuive!, what company is going to do that...
/s
Insomiac made Xbox games where unlike now they weren't owned by Sony. This is going to be a Sony published game, which means full PS5 exclusive and if lucky several years later may get a PC port.

Last edited:

LordCBH

Too bad there isn't going to be a PC version of this new one.

Finally got old game in the mail.

20210917_135928.jpg

It looks better on my screen. For some reason when I take a screen shot it doesn't capture the FXAA being applied. Also, I'm using 4x Nvidia DSR at 1080p.

bG35VFq.jpg

I had no idea the old one was on PC! I gotta hunt down a copy. Absolutely had a blast with that game on my PS3.

I think he's talking about the console wars.

Although it when comes to Bethesda to themselves (the elder scrolls guys) they generally suck at making stable games. I really do love those RPGs but the technical issues can be a bit much at times.

Last edited:
I had no idea the old one was on PC! I gotta hunt down a copy. Absolutely had a blast with that game on my PS3.

I got mine on ebay still sealed for $35. I don't think there's really any DRM besides needing the disc to start up the game. No CD key.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - PCGamingWiki PCGW - bugs, fixes, crashes, mods, guides and improvements for every PC game

X-Men Origins: Wolverine | WSGF

You gotta edit an .ini file to get 4k and to make sure the textures work properly at 4k.

Last edited:
Idk, I feel like these type of games need to be focused to be stellar. See Spiderman vs. Marvel Avengers. I'd love one too, but yeah..
It's all about the team handling the material. I have no doubt that if Insomniac had developed Avengers it would've been a much more enjoyable experience. It's been forever since we've gotten a good X-Men game.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

It's all about the team handling the material. I have no doubt that if Insomniac had developed Avengers it would've been a much more enjoyable experience. It's been forever since we've gotten a good X-Men game.

It's doubtful that each character would have the animations, amount of moves, etc as Spiderman had. Something has to give when there is that much work to do. Think Sekiro vs. Dark Souls 3. I prefer Dark Souls 3 because of its variety but I also know that Sekiro has much tighter combat and animations because they focused on one weapon.

That said, I do believe Insomniac would have done a better job, but I stick to believing it would have been an 8/10 instead of 9+/10 like Spiderman.

Last edited:

yurinka

So how long until the game is out? 1.5 years? 2?
I'd bet late 2024.

Looking at Insomniac's output so far, I'd say this is a 2024 game after Spider-Man 2 in 2023. Insane.
Yes, they released around 30 games in the last 20 years:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insomniac_Games#Games_developed

That’s good. Indicates a thought provoking and deep narrative. But what else has the guy done?

Last edited:

Shmunter

I'd bet late 2024.

Yes, they released around 30 games in the last 20 years:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insomniac_Games#Games_developed

Writer
Star Wars: Squadrons (2020) (Senior Writers)
Star Wars: Battlefront II (2017) (Writers)
BioShock 2: Remastered (2016) (Story Editor)
Evolve (2015) (Additional Writing Support)
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel! (2014) (Senior Writer)
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth (2014) (Writers)
Sid Meier's Civilization: Revolution 2 (2014) (Sr. Writer)
The Darkness II (2012) (Writers)
Spec Ops: The Line (2012) (Narrative Design)
BioShock 2 (2010) (Story Editor)
Mafia II (2010) (Story Editor)
Family Guy Video Game! (2006) (Additional Script Design)

Ceadeus

You would think so! You would also think that a game with lightsabers would have to have limbs cut off, etc, but Fallen Order did not! Because the suits wanted little Bobby’s parents to buy him this game. Don’t put anything past the suits!

But I hope you are right.
Star wars always had very light violence and I do feel like it would be weird if it had gore lol. The movies are so family-friendly.

On the other hand Logan the movie, is ultra violent and from the video game trailer we seen, it feels like they're going more on this way than the previous X MEN movies with little to no blood.

Let's wait and see!

You would think so! You would also think that a game with lightsabers would have to have limbs cut off, etc, but Fallen Order did not! Because the suits wanted little Bobby’s parents to buy him this game. Don’t put anything past the suits!

But I hope you are right.

Star Wars has never really been that violent. I dont even remember there actually being blood in a Star Wars movie. Lightsabers are only useful for blocking lasers and blocking other light sabers.

I feel like insomniac wouldn’t even pitch a wolverine game if it wasn’t gonna be violent. Especially with it existing alongside ghost of tsushima, god of war, and TLOU

39816.gif

tommib

Star Wars has never really been that violent. I dont even remember there actually being blood in a Star Wars movie. Lightsabers are only useful for blocking lasers and blocking other light sabers.

I feel like insomniac wouldn’t even pitch a wolverine game if it wasn’t gonna be violent. Especially with it existing alongside ghost of tsushima, god of war, and TLOU

39816.gif
So that’s how you get headaches.

GymWolf

As much as i would like some Ninja Gaiden 2 or old God of War stuff, i'm afraid that it will be just some Spider-Man or toned done new God of War stuff.
The ideal would be far beyond ng or gow level of violence, but i get what you say, insomniac was never a studio who make videogames with gore, even their most violent game like resistance was pretty mild overall.

Wohc

Banned
The ideal would be far beyond ng or gow level of violence, but i get what you say, insomniac was never a studio who make videogames with gore, even their most violent game like resistance was pretty mild overall.
Exacty, they are just not the studio for gory games and i bet the license was not cheap. They will want to reach as many people as possible and 18+ is not the way to go.

I hope at least it's 16+ if they can't make it mature. Please not any more shit like yhe uncharted movie that had clear throat cutting on your face with a pensil mark hahaha. Couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes after that scene.

Top Bottom