• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered - PC Features & Specs Revealed

GreatnessRD

Not really a superhero game player, but I might grab this just to stack in the library. Sony smokin' just a tad bit of dope at $60 though, lol.

I'll wait for a nice sale.

spons

Gold Member
I'm glad it can run on toasters. It also shows that if you put the fucking work in you can have both low quality and "why did I spend 2500 dollars on a gaming PC oh yeah because of this" modes. Nixxes was an excellent buy for Sony.

yamaci17

What settings do you guys think for a 3060
High + amazing RT + 1080p 60 FPS can be a solid base to start on

game has good motion vectors, its DLSS should play nicely with the game. at 1440p/dlss quality, you can also get away with 60+ frames probably if you have a 1440p screen

3060 can run the metro exodus enhanced at 1440p/dlss quality at 60 fps with hairworks (not present on consoles), hybrid rt reflections (not present on consoles), tesselation (not present on consoles)

this is the most demanding scene where ps5/xbox sx easily falls to 1080p-1100p range without the things mentioned above [tesselation, hybrid reflections and hairworks] mind you, 1440p dlss quality might be rendering at 960p but IQ will be very close to native 1440p, or at worst, it will match something like 1100-1200p. rendering cost is also higher than native 960p, due to assets and lods being at 1440p despite the internal rendering resolution, and also DLSS rendering tax. people sleep on rtx 3060 but it is a very crafty and CAPABLE Ray Tracing GPU. it just needs console-level RT/raster mixed settings to shine. if you put too much load upon it, it will crumble under huge BHV loads

spiderman rt (rt reflections) is relatively lighter than metro exodus enhanced (rt gi. also rt reflections in the video above), dynamic 1440p + 80 fps is possible on PS5 console, so you might even have a shot at 1440p/60 FPS with adequate ray tracing settings. it also depends if they did a good job porting as much as 4A games. metro exodus enhanced have greater visuals

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
All boxes checked for me. Ultrawide is going to be so good when zipping around the city.
james franco GIF

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Spider-Man ps4 is a beast of a game and shows promise still today it remains one of the best games the fact that it’s having a moment in 2022 says it all.

Rea

I'm interested to hear your reaction when you find out that 10 year old TLOU will cost 70 euro september 2022.
That's even more ridiculous. Sony is milking gamers. I already heard that news and gave the worst reaction.

Amazing RT is basically PS5 RT Performance Mode, is it not? Why are the requirements so much higher than PS5, needing a 3070 for 1440p60 which is far stronger than PS5?

Then the Amazing RT preset must be either beyond PS5 settings or the game must be unoptimized. I just wish they would give us the exact PS5 settings...
The 3070 in rasterization isn’t that much stronger than a ps5 or series x only raytracing. Also the performance rt mode is more an 80fps average with vrr

32gb ram? First time I've seen that. Guess it's time to upgrade. 1440p is fine for me though so hopefully that won't be a problem.

Looking forward to this one.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Seems like the first Spider-man specific game on Steam that’s not a free movie promotional thing.
They get delisted due to licensing.
But SpiderMan Shattered was on Steam, thats how I played it.
Imagine being an Nvidiot in 2022.
The what?
Nvidia has CUDA, DLSS, DLAA, Reflex, Freestyle, RTGI and better RayTracing performance.
AMD has VRAM and pure Raster in a few instances.....Unless RDNA3 makes some major strides on the feature set side I see no reason to ever buy an AMD chip.....what reasons do you have to go AMD?
The 3070 in rasterization isn’t that much stronger than a ps5 or series x only raytracing. Also the performance rt mode is more an 80fps average with vrr
Are you drunk?
The RTX 3070 absolutely walks the PS5 outsie of bad ports.
The PS5 is around an RTX 3060 which isnt even in the same league as an RTX 3060Ti.
32gb ram? First time I've seen that. Guess it's time to upgrade. 1440p is fine for me though so hopefully that won't be a problem.
Looking forward to this one.
Likely over compensating or they have an option to load the whole city into RAM for fast travel or something.
32GB RAM requirement is a joke.

RTX 4090 at 11K Panoramic.........sweet jesus.
I woder what FPS you would get at that resolution.
Linus Tech Tips better do that video right after the review.

They get delisted due to licensing.
But SpiderMan Shattered was on Steam, thats how I played it.

The what?
Nvidia has CUDA, DLSS, DLAA, Reflex, Freestyle, RTGI and better RayTracing performance.
AMD has VRAM and pure Raster in a few instances.....Unless RDNA3 makes some major strides on the feature set side I see no reason to ever buy an AMD chip.....what reasons do you have to go AMD?

Are you drunk?
The RTX 3070 absolutely walks the PS5 outsie of bad ports.
The PS5 is around an RTX 3060 which isnt even in the same league as an RTX 3060Ti.

Likely over compensating or they have an option to load the whole city into RAM for fast travel or something.
32GB RAM requirement is a joke.

RTX 4090 at 11K Panoramic.........sweet jesus.
I woder what FPS you would get at that resolution.
Linus Tech Tips better do that video right after the review.
Who said I was drunk I’m talking exclusively about rasterization. The ps5 and series x usually fall anywhere from slightly below a 3060 ti- slightly below a 3070 in purely rasterized games (that is when you pair a series x equivalent cpu with the 3070 and not a 12900k)

Black_Stride

Who said I was drunk I’m talking exclusively about rasterization. The ps5 and series x usually fall anywhere from slightly below a 3060 ti- slightly below a 3070 in purely rasterized games (that is when you pair a series x equivalent cpu with the 3070 and not a 12900k)
Receipts my ninja.

The ray traced fidelity mode runs at native 4k 40-50 fps. Dont know the average, but around 50 while flying and drops a little when in the middle of action.

The ray traced reflections are half res. So instead of native 4k, they are 4kcb or 4.1 million pixels instead of 8.2 million pixels. Im guessing the very high mode simply runs the reflections at a full native res and doesnt cull things in and out of reflections like they do in the PS5 version for performance reasons.
The fidelity mode is more 45-55 on average

wow, PC requirement is way higher than i expected, seems like the PS5 is way more powerful than I thought.
I think these specs are conservative for one and since it’s an exclusive it’s likely optimized more on ps5 allowing it to punch above its normal weight

Cool. I'm going to fall a bit short of the Very High settings. How do we expect that will match up against the PS5 version? I think it's funny that I just paid twice the price of a PS5 to buy a relatively underpowered gaming PC, eventhough I totally want a PS5.
Can’t say for sure but I suspect the ps5 is mostly high settings and the very high is pc exclusive (maybe there are some very high settings in the ps5 fidelity mode)

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
No but i see this place seems structured differently than Reddit and a couple other forums I use so I’m trying to learn the options

Black_Stride

How do receipts work on neogaf? I’m new here so I don’t get how the site is structured?
I’m talking exclusively about rasterization. The ps5 and series x usually fall anywhere from slightly below a 3060 ti- slightly below a 3070 in purely rasterized games.

Show the PS5 consistently performing like that and not actually more like an RTX 3060.
The gap between the RTX 3060 and RTX 3070 is a frikken gulf.
The PS5 is almost always in RTX 3060 teritory, i think only like Deathstranding has the PS5 punching above its weight class.
Otherwise using console settings on an RTX 3070 will have it fly well into the stratosphere and thats including driver/api overhead.
The PS5 is a long way from an RTX 3070.

Oh that’s was it he just meant I assume to supply him benchmarks? I think I can do that though it may be hard to find someone benching the 3060 ti and 3070 with a console cpu and not a top tier 12900k which I see in every bench so I may need time
The CPU is irrelevant in a GPU test, which is why big sites bench with top tier CPUs, to get rid of the bottleneck.

What games beyond the above mentioned do you believe constitute the PS5 being RTX 3070 tier.
You must have atleast anecdotal evidence to have made such a claim.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Oh that’s was it he just meant I assume to supply him benchmarks? I think I can do that though it may be hard to find someone benching the 3060 ti and 3070 with a console cpu and not a top tier 12900k which I see in every bench so I may need time

CPU in PS5 is equivalent to ~ AMD Ryzen 7 3700X. This kind of CPU will not be a bottleneck when running modern games at modern resolutions.

How do receipts work on neogaf? I’m new here so I don’t get how the site is structured?
Hey friend good tip is to read the thread and hit quote as you go so you don't have to make 5 posts in a row. When you hit reply it will put the quotes up and you can pick what order to put them in.
Me and Md Ray Md Ray did a quick and dirty for deaths stranding and re8. Him a 3070 and me a 3060ti both with 3000 series cpus. Deaths stranding was close to PC but slightly better on both cards and re8 was quite a bit better on both PC's. Like 50% if I recall. Side note my 3060ti out performs his 3070 when I OC and he's stock.

Black_Stride

Me and Md Ray Md Ray did a quick and dirty for deaths stranding and re8. Him a 3070 and me a 3060ti both with 3000 series cpus. Deaths stranding was close to PC but slightly better on both cards and re8 was quite a bit better on both PC's. Like 50% if I recall. Side note my 3060ti out performs his 3070 when I OC and he's stock.
Youve got that blazing fast MSI 3060ti yeah?

DeathStranding is like the only game i remember where the PS5 is close.
Pretty much every other title the RTX 3070 is some ways beyond the PS5.

Haha yeah and it's still working great. Recently got a valve index and enjoying Skyrim for the first time in VR.
I can't be certain about performance but I think DS and Valhalla are the only ones quite close. High FPS low res usually fares much better on my PC and anything with RT typically is much much better on my PC.

Black_Stride

Haha yeah and it's still working great. Recently got a valve index and enjoying Skyrim for the first time in VR.
I can't be certain about performance but I think DS and Valhalla are the only ones quite close. High FPS low res usually fares much better on my PC and anything with RT typically is much much better on my PC.

Yeah that MSI is quick as hell.

Valhalla must have something weird going on in the background cuz its seemingly much much heavier than AC: Odyssey on Nvidia cards.
The 5700XT performs in RTX 3070 territory.
The 6800 base runs the game at 3090 levels.

yamaci17

yeah even then, death stranding's DLSS implementation is quite all right, you can eliminate particle ghosting with new DLSS DLL files and it works quite nicely outside of that

i did some tests at "default" settings,

at native 4k i get 58-72 FPS, pretty much like ps5 (as it has been said before, and as i said before, this game is pretty geometry-bound, which will scale with high frequency instead of high compute cores available. which is why the 3060ti situation happened with you and the other person)

above all, I love DLSS for power saving feature. amazing fan speed reduction, power consumption reduction and better reconstruction/aa...

native 4k gets 72 frames in this scene, with 260 watts of power, %99 gpu bound
dlss quality at 4k gets 76 frames... but it is bottlenecked. a %20 gpu headroom available, which would end up rendering 94-100 frames if a more capable CPU was present. this mode gets 205 watts

dlss quality + 60 fps lock + undervolt nets a whopping 105 watts of GPU power consumption lol. no undervolt + high clocks results as 176 watts. practically gpu is dumb enough in this situation not downshifting.

admittedly native 4k is a "tad" bit sharper, but it is nowhere near groundbreaking. it looks pretty decent. its just amazing to see how much efficiently you can have 4k-like image quality at enormously low power consumptions while some people chase 450w+ GPUs. when you compare native 4k unlocked with 270 watts and dlss qua+undervolt 105 watts, the image quality difference simply cant justify the power consumption difference in this case. 2070 and co. will easily get 4k/dlss quality 60 fps in this game, which as i proven above, nearly matches native 4k image quality

Last edited:
Top Bottom