• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales - Digital Foundry Tech Review - Welcome To The Next Generation

Keihart

Where are all the DF it's a MS chill posts?
3x

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I cant agree with that. Ray-traced reflections are the only technique that I can actually see most of the time right away but shadows and lightning differences are almost always indistinguishable for me and a waste.
There hasn't been a game that really does Ray/Path Traced Global Illumination very well. Shadows and reflections are just a byproduct of current ray tracing. Both have been faked pretty convincingly over the years. Lighting is where it'll make the biggest impact. If it can be done without negatively affecting a game.

When and if that game comes....you'll see. There's a reason Carmack has been talking about it for 30+ years.

Last edited:

splattered

This will be one of the first titles i buy... on sale next year on black friday. Feels like a really spiffy Infamous: Second Son (Which was a great expansion)

Oops forgot to put First Light above. Anyway.

Last edited:

Blue Spring

Read my tears about xbox here --->
There hasn't been a game that really does Ray/Path Traced Global Illumination very well. Shadows and reflections are just a byproduct of current ray tracing. Lighting is where it'll make the biggest impact. If it can be done without negatively affecting a game.

When and if that game comes....you'll see. There's a reason Carmack has been talking about it for 30+ years.
We will see. So far no implementation impressed me.
If its really because no game has done it really well and we are about to get really good upgrades in visuals I could very well change my mind.

Montauk

I gotta bro. DF are MS shills.
Good thing Alex Buggaga did not get a PS5.

Embarrassing post. Just because somebody has some different opinions to you on some consoles or games doesn't make them a shill.

That's such a serious claim - that he's paid by MS to promote their products - and you provide no evidence for it at all.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Looks so good with RT, but 60 FPS also looks so nice....

No clue which way I'm going to play it :I

I think the RT mode is a no-brainer, the game plays fine in 30fps and you get this massive visual boost that makes the game look way better every step of the way.

I just wish there was a PC version so you could do both.

Andodalf

Banned
I feel the same way. RT looks amazing but I also like 60 fps

I wish there was like a 1080p 60 fps with RT mode...

With their TAA it wouldn't be horrible, but the RT at 60 would be reaaaaly heavy even at 1080p. They'd need to make some changes to it just for that mode I'd wager, and I get them not wanting to put time into making so many performance profiles.

• Empathy
Reactions: RNG

Montauk

Alex is part of a hardcore xbox centric discord group where a lot PS5 FUD originated from.
Thats all Im gonna write here and Im not going to discuss this any further.

This paranoia and melodramatic sensitivity to different opinions would be embarassing even if you were a teenager and I'd bet you're not.

One day hopefully gaming will get past this kind of cringy fanboyism.

Last edited:

JCK75

Console players, can we please finally agree that raytracing is not a waste?

Thanks.

it looks incredible but I'm hoping to see an options where its toned down so you can get above 30fps.
would make it less difficult to choose between the 60 and the RT.

Blue Spring

Read my tears about xbox here --->
Embarrassing post. Just because somebody has some different opinions to you on some consoles or games doesn't make them a shill.

That's such a serious claim - that he's paid by MS to promote their products - and you provide no evidence for it at all.
Shills dont have to be paid. But hey if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck but you still insist to call it a chicken then thats on you.

Top Bottom