• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 free prequel comic available online now

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
n7EM8JJ.jpg

Insomniac Games is yet to announce a firm release date for Marvel's Spider-Man 2, but if you are itching for more web-centric content in your life, you can at least now have a read of the game's prequel comic.

This comic was announced last week, along with the standalone PlayStation 5 version of Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered. After a brief time of being available in US comic book stores, the entire thing is now online for free.

I have had a read of the comic myself, and it is a nice, pretty condensed, standalone story that should help fill some of the void between now and Marvel's Spider-Man 2's eventual debut. If you are interested in having a read of what Peter Parker and co. have been getting up to ahead of Marvel's Spider-Man 2's release, you can check out the online version of the comic here.

As for that upcoming release, all we currently know for definite is it will arrive sometime this autumn, although Venom actor Tony Todd recently let slip that autumn could actually mean this September.

New York Knicks Drinking GIF by Sidetalk

That was awful, at least they weren't trying to get money off of it.

The good news is that this probably isn't reflective of the game. Though it does sound like they're going to make MJ a more pivotal part of the game than they probably should, but at least the gameplay mechanics for her could be better.

They'd be better off making Black Cat a playable character instead. That could be some cool stealth gameplay. Hell you could even bring back silver sable and it would probably be better.

Both had prequel novels. Don’t think they had comics, though I might be wrong on that.

I bought Hostile Takeover and it was pretty bad.

I think it's hard to do one-shots especially. There's no build so you're doing a slice of a story and trying to fit in a lot of characterization.

They're trying to differentiate Miles more from Peter, which makes sense. I hope there isn't a ton of music mini-games in this game. These side puzzles are almost always Insomniac's weakest link. Only side puzzles I've actually enjoyed are the Crack in Time minigames with Clank.

I hope JJJ continues the podcasts even if he has the Bugle back. Those were entertaining. That said what's the point of the Spiders wearing masks when MJ just waltzes in showing her face anyway? Twice for that matter. And to the same group of criminals.

Top Bottom