• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Inhumass - Official Trailer #1

dorikyasu

this place seems familiar.

GAXmqRG.png
NwHn1Nb.jpg
It's All Connected™

Johndoey

Banned
Black Bolt gasped cause a human cop hit him with a nightstick? Medusa apparently gets to stand to the side and do jack? Lord Jesus.

Cuburt

The actors look better in stills than in motion, which is a little odd.

I don't like the casting of Maximus. I don't really know much about Inhumans, but what I do know, Maximus just doesn't seem to have enough presence for the role.

The costumes, sets, and effects simultaneously don't look as bad as I thought it might, and pretty poor. If anything, I think I might have to chalk it up to poor directing and weak visual composition. Where did all the budget go?

Scott Buck really continuing his streak of shitting up Marvel TV.

I'll still give it a shot for the first 2 IMAX episodes, I even gave Iron Fist that chance, but if it sucks, whatever. I might even watch the whole thing since it's only 8 episodes, if the pacing is helped by the short run, but I'm not very optimistic.

Guys, was this filmed with IMAX cameras? Marketing has been super unclear about that. :(
Pretty sure it's only for the first 2 episodes being made to show on the IMAX screens. At this point, I think there is a reason they aren't playing it up because there is likely not much difference between how they are making this and how they'd make any other show. It is supposed to have a decent budget since IMAX is pitching in for the first 2 episodes are showing in theaters, but I was expecting them to do make a mini movie, but this is like a made for TV film at best.

SArcher

Banned
The actors look better in stills than in motion, which is a little odd.

I don't like the casting of Maximus. I don't really know much about Inhumans, but what I do know, Maximus just doesn't seem to have enough presence for the role.

Iwan Rheon is pretty much perfect casting for Maximus. That's the only thing they got right.

They don't look very inhuman to me. Are they normal dudes in the comics? All I know about them is the guy has maybe the worst name ever in Blackagar Boltagon.

brawly

Horrible. What the hell was that?

First of all the dude from GoT seems really miscast. The delivery of his lines was laughable. Like a parody almost. Doesn't have the voice to inspire anyone.

Then: guns. And more guns. This is Inhumans, why does it look like a 80s midtier SciFi world? Medusa...what is there even to say?

I had little confidence but this is...ugh.

Nightfall

This looks so bad and cheap on every level... Attilan looks like a homemade Star Trek set and Lockjaw... if someone who makes Sonic fanfic designed an oversized dog.

Oh... and Scott Buck?

giphy.gif

U2NUMB

It was just meh.. until the damn big ass dog warped via some shitty 1990s special effect. then I just checked out.

Superflat

What is going on with this. If it didn't have the Marvel logo on it, hardly anyone would be paying attention to this. Looks like a show produced in the same era as Firefly and Heroes, only they looked better.

What the hell is going on with Iwan Rheon's voice? I don't remember him sounding like that in Misfits.

Guess all the budget went to Lockjaw and the IMAX cameras. Sheesh. Hard pass.

Saya

So, they're showing this in IMAX for free right? Or do you have to buy a ticket to witness this shitshow?

louiedog

So, they're showing this in IMAX for free right? Or do you have to buy a ticket to witness this shitshow?

Eh, transportation costs are anywhere from $5 to $20 to visit my IMAX depending on if I take the train or need to park. I don't think I'm interested even at free.

Top Bottom