• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy |OT| We Got This...Kinda

thatJohann

Looks like mostly all the reviews are using the PS5 version. Nothing on the Xbox Series X. Can’t wait for a DF analysis to see which is the definitive version to get!

J3nga

While I would agree that compared to other longer titles for the same price of 60 bucks this can seem to be short, from what I've seen / read about the game so far, I'll happily take a 15-20 hour game that's well paced and decent to play.

I recently paid 60 Euro's for Metroid Dread and that was over in less then 10 hours and I was more then happy to pay it considering how great the game was.
Same here. I totally wrote this off and had zero interest and even forgot it's coming out, but seeing positive responses and having some funds in my steam wallet is tempting, damn it.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Looks like mostly all the reviews are using the PS5 version. Nothing on the Xbox Series X. Can’t wait for a DF analysis to see which is the definitive version to get!

I think Karak Karak mentioned he didn't get to see the PS versions (so he'd be on Xbox or PC). But yea most were PS5. SE did the same with Avengers last year where the majority of review copies were PS4.

Croga

Glad I went PS5 for a midnight unlock tonight, that typical, to be expected worldwide Steam unlock at 6pm tomorrow my time on release day is always a pain!

ManaByte

Gold Member
Seems like it's an easy Platinum. Difficulty doesn't affect trophies and after a Normal playthrough I have 75%. Just a quick New Game+ to mop up the remaining ones.

ManaByte

Gold Member
People are really calling this game not worth $60 at 15-20 hours? The quality of the content more than justifies the asking price, if anything it's longer than I would have initially expected.

Which is funny because they'd happily pay $70 for Uncharted 5 right now. This game is every bit as good as a ND Uncharted game, but since it's multiplat people say it's not worth the money?

Braag

People are really calling this game not worth $60 at 15-20 hours? The quality of the content more than justifies the asking price, if anything it's longer than I would have initially expected.
Some people want every game to be 100 hours. They don't care about quality over quantity. They happily pay full price for a new Far Cry which is the same game they have already played a dozen times because it has a lot of content.
I'm glad we still get games like this, which are shorter and have more focused mechanics instead of unnecessary bloat.

Malakhov

Banned
Here‘s mine:

Ask away. Can answer any question now that the embargo dropped.
Great review, especially you mentioning you didn't want the game to end. It happened to me with red dead redemption 2, god of war and ghost of Tsushima so this sounds pretty good

Which is funny because they'd happily pay $70 for Uncharted 5 right now. This game is every bit as good as a ND Uncharted game, but since it's multiplat people say it's not worth the money?
Why even compare Uncharted. Uncharted has generation defining graphics and really good multiplayer to boot so the price would of course never be an issue

Any verdict on which to get between the PS5 and Series X versions?

I have both and would like to know! Hoping we see someone do a quick analysis soon.

Salz01

Man, this sentiment is giving me the itch to buy the game. Super hungry for an uncharted game.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I bought it on Steam because I want to show my support to Eidos, but I'm not holding my breath. I expect a super classic story with some little humor here ands there but nothing more. I only watched 2 trailer for the game (the reveal and the PC trailer) so I don't know much about the game, which is probably a good thing.
Also pre-load is avalaible on Steam (20,3 GO to download):

unknown.png

Larxia

Probably 20 if you really take your time to unlock every costume on your first playthrough.
I didn't expect it to be that short. Is it 100% linear uncharted style or something similar?
We didn't see much about the content of the game but while I wasn't expecting anything open world, I still thought there would be a little bit of explorations, being able to go to different planets with the ship like in mass effect or something. I guess there's no kind of free roaming / exploration at all?

dok1or

Its linear, story driven action adventure game!
Not Mass Effect in marvel universe.

Last edited:

TheMan

It's...getting good reviews?? skillup says he strongly recommends and Karak says it's a buy so...

Did not expect that but hey I'lll take it

Last edited:

MaKTaiL

It's about the same length as an Uncharted or TLOU. My first play though of GoW was the same. $60 wasn't too much for those games.
"If you stick to the main quests and avoid any side content, the average time to beat the main storyline of GoW is 21 to 22 hours."

I took 40h to beat and do everything. How the hell did you finish it in 10h?

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Man, I'm so fucking hyped to play this. Just another 14hrs to go! Although, I probably won't be able to really dig in until tomorrow night. Let's do this!
iu

jeffyjaixx

Where is this 1080p stuff coming from? Performance is supposed to be dynamic 4K 60.

Says 1440p in title but the actual article content shows the producer said 1080p/60.

But they may have updated it , who knows.

Got a PS5 copy from Square for review. So far I am pleasantly surprised. Love the voice acting the second I heard it at the beginning. I am not a big Marvel fan by any means and whoever voices the green chick is fucking awesome.

Only 1 hour in, need more time for a final verdict. The game won't be reviewed by me but by my employee, I believe he is also enjoying it as well.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Damn, from the word go this game is indeed beautiful on the PS5. Great direction and acting too.

Edit: hah, that early Dazzler poster, amazing

Last edited:
Playing the PS5 version now, gonna boot up the PC Version in the morning to play it with Raytracing. It looks good on PS5 and feels great...I was one of the people worried about the characters and voice acting but its actually pretty damn refreshing.

I was one of the doubters but the preview vids won me and my gameshare partner over on PS5, and I even double dipped on PC. Only in the opening but I think we made a good choice

Top Bottom