• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy hands-on Preview

faisalasif

Hi , everyone

I recently got a chance to get hands-on Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy had a really great time. I would like to share some footage that includes Dialogue, Combat, Powers, and Characters.

Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy (PS5) 4K 60FPS Gameplay​

I hope guys enjoy it!!!

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
It looks interesting I guess. It doesn't look like something I'd pay full price for. I'd definitely wait for a lull between games and a hefty price drop. The voice acting feels kind of bland in a way with exception to, maybe Rocket. The combat style seems OK for the style that it is. We'll see what the reviews eventually say about it.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Looks good to me. I'll pick it up.
Check out op's channel btw. He has tons of hi-def HDR gameplay videos. Including some full playthroughs.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Looks really good. Getting the steelbook.

Something tells me a lot of people here are dismissing it because it’s multiplat.
I think people are dismissing it because it's Square Enix and after they screwed up Avengers a year ago, majority don't have any confidence in the game. This includes me. Also, I personally don't care about Guardians of the Galaxy. I was into Avengers and SE screwed it up by making it some shitty loot driven game. Like, they're the fucking Avengers!! Hulk doesn't need a metallic spine. SMH. UGH. Let me stop before I go on a rant. lol

jaysius

Banned
The boring walking parts of this video had very little cuts, the actual gameplay aka shooting bits were cut like an ADHD kid got his hands on it, this seems like a bad sign.

I like the combat system but this reeks of that shitty GaaS Avengers game for some reason.

The graphics look good, but the models just seem kind of poorly animated, or something is off there that I can't quite put my finger on.

This one will be a deep sale or GamePass for me.

I'm also worried that having to rely on AI for doing actions gives AI a chance to get stuck behind shit and not doing the order you want. I almost wish I could switch characters instead. The amount of light control though gives me Mass Effect 1 vibes, which I loved.

There's something here though that sucks and I can't quite put my finger on it.

This preview is a little bit better, but you can tell that there was some kind of bullshit wacky embargo on showing too many seconds of consecutive gameplay in your preview footage.

Here's another good one

I think this thread would be better closed and another member make a proper preview OT rather than just one member posting their own footage.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
What are you talking about? The combat doesn't look anything like Avengers.
They're not allowed to show LOOT nor the SKILL TREE, but I can see this having 3% chances and shitty grindy loot.

I really hope I'm wrong on this, if I am this could be a middling decentish RPG, but not a great one.

GymWolf

Well it can't be cringier than mcu shitlord...

Edit: yeah watched some gameplay, extremely unremarkable.

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
One is a multiplayer GAAS made by Crystal Dynamics, the other is a strictly single-player game. Do you not see how that's a bullshit comparison?
Logically what you're saying makes complete sense and you're right. However, like the person you responded to, I'm still going to remain very wary of this title due to how Avengers turned out. Logic be damned. Square Enix is still the publisher.

ManaByte

Gold Member
They're not allowed to show LOOT nor the SKILL TREE, but I can see this having 3% chances and shitty grindy loot.

I really hope I'm wrong on this, if I am this could be a middling decentish RPG, but not a great one.
It's not a looter shooter or GAAS game. It's single player.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
When it comes to super hero games they’re bad, spider man and Batman were impossibly great but those are rare games. The demons for ahold of Avengers and might crumble Guardians too.

Interfectum

Something tells me a lot of people here are dismissing it because it’s multiplat.
For sure. In order to get Twitter coverage now it either has to review really well or be involved in system wars. Since it's multi-plat it has to be the former to get any traction. Be ready for Polygon or Kotaku to have an article like: "I Played Guardians of the Galaxy and... It's Actually Good?"

Last edited:
I think the gameplay looks alright but something is just very garish about the way it looks. There's a lot of yellow but also a lot of overall picture color filters that just comes off as unappealing. Everything looks weirdly muted.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I think the gameplay looks alright but something is just very garish about the way it looks. There's a lot of yellow but also a lot of overall picture color filters that just comes off as unappealing. Everything looks weirdly muted.
It’s the same problem as Avengers. People are used to the MCU characters as opposed to the comics. I HATE Rocket’s beard in this, but this is my favorite Gamora design.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
It’s the same problem as Avengers. People are used to the MCU characters as opposed to the comics. I HATE Rocket’s beard in this, but this is my favorite Gamora design.
I was thinking that as well. She looks great. I think this game looks fantastic. Is this the Shadow of The Tomb Raider team?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
One is a multiplayer GAAS made by Crystal Dynamics, the other is a strictly single-player game. Do you not see how that's a bullshit comparison?
Regardless, I have no confidence in this game. I'm expecting low 70's at best but we'll see. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Except for Rocket, I really hate the character designs.
They're really generic.
What is it with this and Avengers having shitty looking Characters
They don't have to look like the MCU actors.
They just need to look good.

That's a shitty reason to miss out on a good game......if it is a good game.
I'll wait for the reviews and if they're good I'll maybe joining you with that Steelbook 👍
But I honestly doubt people care it's Multiplatform.
How generic looking it is and how bad Avengers turned out regardless of being a different type of game seem to be what's killing the excitement.

Last edited:
Is this a playable citcom? Every footage I see of this game, they're going out of their way to be funny. They can never keep it to a minimum either. Gameplay wise, I don't like how they slow down time just to use a character's ability. They need to play Scarlet Nexus.

Last edited:

Hydroxy

I don't trust previews after all those " amazing" previews of Cyberpunk 2077 but thanks anyway for posting

iorek21

Maaaaan, this looks amazing, I'm shocked!

I just wish we could play with other Guardians, Starlord always seemed like the most boring of the bunch for me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Really put off by the character designs. Would it have killed them to fork over the cash for the movie character likenesses? The Telltale game had the same problem.

I only know these characters from the movie. I expect I'm not alone in this.

Mossybrew

I haven't checked out any of these other previews but Eurogamer didn't sound thrilled. I'll have to scope some of these other opinions, right now the game is definitely in "wait for sale" territory for me.

NewYork214

Watching the videos doesn't wow me at all. But I kinda feel like this game might actually be really fun. I really hope they do a demo. Interest piqued but not sold on it yet

ManaByte

Gold Member
Really put off by the character designs. Would it have killed them to fork over the cash for the movie character likenesses? The Telltale game had the same problem.

I only know these characters from the movie. I expect I'm not alone in this.
Gamers 10 years ago: "Licensed movie tie-ins are garbage."
Publishers: "Ok we'll base superhero games on the comics now."
Gamers now: "No! I want it to be a movie tie-in!"

Top Bottom