• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvels Avengers: Spiderman to be Exclusive to the Playstation version [Confirmed]

manfestival

Just out here laughing at all of the salt that Spiderman being PS exclusive has created. Is it a lame move? Sure. Is it worthy enough for this overly emotional salt mine? Nah

GermanZepp

I know it's gonna be an unpopular opinion, but people are very butthurt and crybabies about the stupidest things. How this is cut content from the original for the xbox guys game anyways? They never showed spiderman in the trailers. Spiderman is not in the demo, right? Correct me if I'm wrong. So it looks more like a playstation bonus rather than a missing content for xbox.

NickFire

I knew it had something to do with licensing. Even if Sony did not have an exclusive video game license, they have the movie license. With Marvel obviously wanting Spidey in the MCU, it effectively gives Sony a video game license (IMO) for so long as Marvel needs Sony's permission for the MCU.

What a load of fucking bullshit...
Sony doesn't own the right for Spiderman in games and Marvel can do whatever the fuck they want.
Just a bunch of stupid PR puke.
Have you even considered the possibility that Sony can make (or could have made) non-monetary demands before allowing Marvel to use its movie license?

Last edited:
Just out here laughing at all of the salt that Spiderman being PS exclusive has created. Is it a lame move? Sure. Is it worthy enough for this overly emotional salt mine? Nah

And to top it all off, i saw the easy allies impression on the beta, and they say the characters practically all play the same minus the obvious differences like the ones who fly and the ones who dont for example.

So the characters dont even feel unique. Theyre all built to not need anyone else to finish the level. So ultimately, spidey is just gonna end up playing like every other character that can swing, but with a spiderman skin and web.

Vaelka

I knew it had something to do with licensing. Even if Sony did not have an exclusive video game license, they have the movie license. With Marvel obviously wanting Spidey in the MCU, it effectively gives Sony a video game license (IMO) for so long as Marvel needs Sony's permission for the MCU.

Have you even considered the possibility that Sony can make (or could have made) non-monetary demands before allowing Marvel to use its movie license?

That changes what I said how tho?
The '' explanation '' is still a load of bullshit.

Last edited:

NickFire

That changes what I said how tho?
It would negate what you said completely. Because if Sony cut a deal to keep Spidey on PS4 in exchange for Spidey in MCU, then Marvel would no longer be able to whatever they want.

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
I know it's gonna be an unpopular opinion, but people are very butthurt and crybabies about the stupidest things. How this is cut content from the original for the xbox guys game anyways? They never showed spiderman in the trailers. Spiderman is not in the demo, right? Correct me if I'm wrong. So it looks more like a playstation bonus rather than a missing content for xbox.

That's exactly what it is...but I just learned that Fatfuck Sterling started the movement and his dumb army of idiots are just repeating his "anti-consumer" bs. All the arguments you see are copy-paste from him.

These people didn't care about Marvel Avengers before yesterday. All the threads about this game was met with laughter and negative reception since the reveal. Now Suddenly massive amount of Xbox gamers were getting it to play as Spider-man. Yeah right.

Think for yourself people and stop following whatever your hero says.

Arun1910

Even though I have a PS4, fuck 30fps. Was going to get it on PC. Now if I do get it on PC, I'm just going to stare at my PS4 with hatred knowing I could have had Spider-Man.

Hmm, yeah, I don't know about that. If Sony had created Spiderman, I would agree with you 100% (that they "bent the knee" - I see you like Game of Thrones 👍). However, Marvel created Spiderman, Marvel wanted more control over Spiderman in the MCU. Sony was willing to walk away and take Spiderman out of the MCU (you don't do this if you are the one who "bends the knee") - how and what they both did to settle that? I have no clue, it had to have been something mutually beneficial.......all I know is, the game was announced as exclusive after that. I don't think that was a coincidence. It could have been unrelated, but I am doubtful.

I don't like the last season hah!

I am just looking at the facts and the outcome. Disney was also willing to walk away. There was public statements from both sides on it. Feige even said "it was great having a chance to working on him. I appreciate the opportunity". Both parties were willing to walk away.

Public pressure made this deal happen and - whether fair or not - the majority of the anger was directed towards Sony. SIE making a deal with Marvel Entertainment also has little to no bearings from a deal made by Marvel Studios and Columbia Pictures. Both sides may play nice given the parent's relationship, but it is of little significance.

Sony gave up 25% of a sure profitable endeavor. Given that as per the 2011 amended contract they keep 100% of the profits from any SM movies, then it sure does look like they bent the knee to me. But again, I don't give a shit. I have stock in SNE and DIS and they have both made me a fair amount of money. I'm just stating on who I think caved, and it looked like it was Sony to me.

sainraja

I don't like the last season hah!

I am just looking at the facts and the outcome. Disney was also willing to walk away. There was public statements from both sides on it. Feige even said "it was great having a chance to working on him. I appreciate the opportunity". Both parties were willing to walk away.

Public pressure made this deal happen and - whether fair or not - the majority of the anger was directed towards Sony. SIE making a deal with Marvel Entertainment also has little to no bearings from a deal made by Marvel Studios and Columbia Pictures. Both sides may play nice given the parent's relationship, but it is of little significance.

Sony gave up 25% of a sure profitable endeavor. Given that as per the 2011 amended contract they keep 100% of the profits from any SM movies, then it sure does look like they bent the knee to me. But again, I don't give a shit. I have stock in SNE and DIS and they have both made me a fair amount of money. I'm just stating on who I think caved, and it looked like it was Sony to me.

Well, it's possible that one of them was bluffing yet willing enough to walk away if they couldn't work something out. My main reason for thinking Sony had more power in the situation is because Marvel had a strong interest (more than Sony anyway) in bringing Spiderman to their MCU universe. I am not saying Sony was blind to the success Marvel was having with their movies, likely why they even entertained working with Marvel instead of going their own way - we will most likely have to agree to disagree on this, but I feel like Sony got their way in gaming that they most likely wouldn't have if they did not own the movie rights that Marvel wanted influence over.

And 100% agreed on GOT's last season. I am not a big fan of it either. What could have been!

Last edited:
When you want to say 'Anti-Consumerism' as a defence, then you need to do your homework on who you're defending.
If you're trying to say that Microsoft isn't Anti-Consumerism then you really need to look at the history of 'Windows' and 'Internet Explorer' before you even squeak a syllable.

Right back at you, assuming I give a fuck about Microsoft, which I don't, boot licker. Keep it up snowflakes at proving my point! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

4TtLRiEjBRoUTQBNNeIJmP3zgHILCIdgEICLOVI7V9F5NqHuOxQ09rZ7G8HN5VImFa1VgCgf28xI1MBtVSe9S117n3RScYo6vyg3MSTjBF36YhDCyRTNphNrAZY2t5YsM_9xcSZ4CbhPGFl8YvtiJ6eWdBF8QOgSwz4

sol_bad

And to top it all off, i saw the easy allies impression on the beta, and they say the characters practically all play the same minus the obvious differences like the ones who fly and the ones who dont for example.

So the characters dont even feel unique. Theyre all built to not need anyone else to finish the level. So ultimately, spidey is just gonna end up playing like every other character that can swing, but with a spiderman skin and web.

I mean, you could say the same thing about the Ultimate Alliance games and in all honesty I'm considering this as the real Ultimate Alliance 3.
lol

Top Bottom