• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Avengers - Next Gen Update Trailer - Available March 18th, 2021

Really early PS5 impressions (just played through the opening bridge segment)

- It definitely looks better. Not jaw dropping or anything but looks sharp
- 60 FPS fluid, I didn’t notice any drops at all so far
- enable 3D audio in the settings, sounds great
- first game I had to turn down the adaptive feedback strength. At default 10 it felt like I was going to rip my trigger out of the controller when I try to throw Thor’s hammer, I lowered it to 6
- loading is very fast

I’m gonna give it a few missions to pull me in again before deciding if I’m gonna go for the plat or uninstall

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Downloading now, PS5 version is 75 gigs
106.9GB on xsx
Chris Pratt Oh Snap GIF

Can someone refresh my memory

playing for the first time since launch week and I’m knocking the rust off

yellow attacks can be parried/blocked/countered with R2 but red attacks can only be dodged with circle, right?

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
yellow attacks can be parried/blocked/countered with R2 but red attacks can only be dodged with circle, right?
white/yellow can be parried, red needs dodge; captain america downgrades some attacks to yellow so he can actually parry more than other characters and he can also block/redirect lasers, which normally need to be dodged as well.

Suprised how much better it feels to play now, feels like a layer of polish went over it, and the load times are so fast now, the character showcases are completely gone. you can watch the showcases now at the character select

It definitely feels way better in performance mode from what I remember at launch. It is crazy how big a difference fast loading times can make, in ways you don't normally think about when assessing general game enjoyment.

white/yellow can be parried, red needs dodge; captain america downgrades some attacks to yellow so he can actually parry more than other characters and he can also block/redirect lasers, which normally need to be dodged as well.

Thank you

Is it just me... or does the main menu screen looks blurry as hell on performance mode and sharp in quality mode?

Yeah, noticed this too. I’m guessing it’s just an bug with the dynamic resolution scaling + checkerboarding affecting the menu adversely and not as intended

Last edited:
Really early PS5 impressions (just played through the opening bridge segment)

- It definitely looks better. Not jaw dropping or anything but looks sharp
- 60 FPS fluid, I didn’t notice any drops at all so far
- enable 3D audio in the settings, sounds great
- first game I had to turn down the adaptive feedback strength. At default 10 it felt like I was going to rip my trigger out of the controller when I try to throw Thor’s hammer, I lowered it to 6
- loading is very fast

I’m gonna give it a few missions to pull me in again before deciding if I’m gonna go for the plat or uninstall
Regarding the 3D audio... I thought it was just for headphones. I have a surround system hooked up to my TV...do I still need to enable it?

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
clint is pretty awesome, even though they are both archers his arrows feel completely different from kate's.
His melee feels much more raw as well, really like the zipline double sword attack.

VFXVeteran

Banned
They really shit the bed with this game. You would have think they would have saw the the blueprint with the Arkham games. Corporate greed at its finest.
I really loved the SP portion of it and the only reason I have it on my SSD now is because of the updated characters that have SP episodes with them. A friend of mine and I still play through those.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Wait. Of all the Marvel characters, including several popular ones from the MCU like Black Panther, Dr Strange and Scarlet which.....they went with two bow and arrow users in a row as the first dlc's?
It was supposed to tie in with the Disney+ show which got pushed back (or so I heard)

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
This is the game that making me pass on Outriders. Fuckers got nerves pushing 2 of these game into early graves
Outriders is less a GAAS and more a single-player PVE or co-op. No PVE and no microtransactions. About 30 hours for base missions with tons of side missions that will extend that. I assume they will add stuff.

i deleted the ps4 version to make room. downloaded the PS5 version.

sat down to finally play. And now im finding out i need the ps4 version to migrate my save.

so now i am redownloading the ps4 version after deleting ratchet & clank and Mad Max

this is fine

ManaByte

Gold Member
i deleted the ps4 version to make room. downloaded the PS5 version.

sat down to finally play. And now im finding out i need the ps4 version to migrate my save.

so now i am redownloading the ps4 version after deleting ratchet & clank and Mad Max

this is fine

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Xbox has cloud saves. Was able to install the XSX version and my original save was there with no problem.
It's not because of cloud saves, it's because of smart delivery, you always play the version that's best for your system, you can't have both the xb1 and X|S version installed, so the saves are compatible with all versions (cause it's seen as 1 version).
On PS5, the PS5 version is recognised as a different game, so you need to boot up the ps4 version to migrate saves manually.

ManaByte

Gold Member
It's not because of cloud saves, it's because of smart delivery, you always play the version that's best for your system, you can't have both the xb1 and X|S version installed, so the saves are compatible with all versions (cause it's seen as 1 version).
On PS5, the PS5 version is recognised as a different game, so you need to boot up the ps4 version to migrate saves manually.
But people claimed Smart Delivery was just a marketing slogan and the PS5 had the same thing.

i played the wrong version of SpiderMan for 10 mins on my PS5 because of this tomfoolery.

I could almost kinda understand the spider-man save thing. But Avengers is an online looter. U would just assume it had some kinda cloud save thing.

So, spent about 3 hours with the PS5 version.

Im kinda torn. Overall the experience is better. It looks better, it feels better, everything is snappier....

But, obviously, it’s still the same core game. If you hated it before you won’t love it now. If you loved it before, you’ll just love it a bit more now.

I was on the fence before. I liked it, didn’t love it, that’s why I shelved it and waited for this update.

I think there’s enough there for me now to go for the Plat. Probably aim to complete it right before Outriders drops.

Top Bottom