• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Avengers - Next Gen Update Trailer - Available March 18th, 2021

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Previous gen we had remasters of older titles.

This gen we're getting remasters of recently launched titles?

What a time to be alive.

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

full

Comfortgel

Literally all they had to do was release one character a month, and one new story mission a quarter and they'd have more money than they know what to do with. My buddies and I still play every weekend, but it's whittled down to an hour instead of the 8+ we did every saturday and sunday.

The core game isn't that bad as a looter, it's just so fucking CONTENT STARVED.

wardener89

Neo Member
If this game will not support native 4k resolution at 60 fps and has few hours of story mode campaign after season one release than I might second think buying this game and wait till the price drops to half of it for PS5 console. Also I really hope Crystal Dynamics have worked on resolving many issues that were reported by players last year including adding more story content.
By the way guys those of you haven't played this game at first on PS4 do you think you will buy it on March 18 for PS5 console? I mean if you have PS5?

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Is this still a "not buy"? Playstation tweeted something about double saving tomorrow..

Last edited:
Well, I imagined that DLC characters would be generic as hell. The main team probably already forgot about the game and are already working on the next big game and some second tier developers are in charge of making the DLC content.

I think originally the plan was to bring their A game to the DLC as well, but I assume plans changed after the game was a commercial failure.

LordCBH

I want to like this game......But it really shouldn't be a multiplayer title. It just doesn't feel right.

Kholinar

Banned
Battlefront 2 basically proved that fumbling your launch is a sin that can be forgiven provided you actually fix the game afterward. Some days, I get a craving to play as Black Widow since the game can feel immersive at times, but I think it's best to wait until the game is actually content complete.

scydrex

I played the beta of this game on PS4. The first weekend. I did a couple of missions... did one i hated hacking servers. Then i choose another mission and it was hacking servers again... i immediately uninstalled it. I told myself hell no.

Last edited:

Rikkori

As soon as Marvel's back in the cinema this game will explode, just like The Witcher 3 sales boomed when the TV show hit. In the meantime they can keep building on it so that there's something there that will hook people.

kunonabi

They should release better DLC characters. I don't think many really care abot Hawkeye.
Hawkeye should have been in the base game flat out. The problem is releasing right him after his godawful diversity replacement. Two bow characters in a row is dumb even if Kate was actually cool.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Hawkeye should have been in the base game flat out. The problem is releasing right him after his godawful diversity replacement. Two bow characters in a row is dumb even if Kate was actually cool.
Apparently Black Panther was going to be the first post-launch DLC character, but Chadwick Boseman's death pushed it to later.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Two bow characters in a row is dumb even if Kate was actually cool.
Dunno, kate is very strong in close combat and has some nice ranged options, clint seems to be the other way around and seems like the first to really focus on building him fully ranged.

Last edited:
Why does the ps5 have 2 specs Native 4k and Checkboard 4k and the series x just has native 4k?

edit, I misunderstood

Looks like PS5 has graphics mode vs 60 fps mode and XsX just has one mode? I am assuming XsX just has a 60fps/native 4k mode, or no?

Was the 30 fps mode already native 4k on One X?

Last edited:

kunonabi

Dunno, kate is very strong in close combat and has some nice ranged options, clint seems to be the other way around and seems like the first to really focus on building him fully ranged.
I'm sure they're both actually fun to play and different but it's not that exciting in terms of getting casual people excited through DLC. You have this wide array of characters to pick from and you go with two archers in a row. Imagine if this was a Justice League game and they released two versions of the Flash or Green Lantern while Batman was still on the sidelines or something.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Two arrow people in a fucking row, the bad guy is a hulk reskin because you didnt have the budget or time to design a new one from scratch? Thats not how you save your failing service game

I popped into Avengers last nite. I enjoy Kate Bishop. But will i really want another archer after finishing her quest?
The maps need more areas. Like caves etc. Hidden hidey holes or something. Like Destiny's lost sectors. As it stands they are just big open empty maps. With like 3 buildings in the corners. U clear those out. Take an elevator to an underground computer lab. rinse repeat.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Of all the times people like to troll and use this one particular line I feel this is the game it could actually be appropriate for, "do people still play this game?"

Top Bottom