• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Avengers - Next Gen Update Trailer - Available March 18th, 2021

Featuring upgraded visuals and framerate, haptic feedback for each hero, significantly faster load times, improved destruction and Heroic detail, Marvel's Avengers on Next-Gen consoles is a redefined adventure. Available March 18, 2021!

side note

Operation: Hawkeye trailer too

-----------------------------------------------

Credit to KyoZz KyoZz for this

Xbox-Enhancements.jpg

PS5-Enhancements.jpg

-------

Final edit

some next-gen footage

Marvel's Avengers on Xbox Series X|S is a redefined adventure complete with new and improved features. Visual upgrades and detail, fast load times, improved destruction and more. Take a look at these features in our latest trailer.

actually seems to look decent, imo, speaking just of the visuals (not saying the game itself is better)

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
Cant' replay the campaign without moving save games. It's ridiculous. The game has potential but is crippled by poor design decisions throughout.

Reizo Ryuu

...That's a nasty trailer, it's implying that only playstation is getting a current gen upgrade.
Here's the wartable video that's platform agnostic:

Ok, it does say upgraded visuals AND framerate, I somehow missed that first time. my bad

One X performance

Mean Frame Rate29.51fps48.2fps27.49fps

Pro performance

Mean Frame Rate29.17fps44.36fps28.26fps

From VG Tech

Just saying, it would be nice to have details of the improvements. Hopefully PS5 and XsX hit locked 60 at close to 4k

Did Spiderman ever actually get released? I remember everyone being mad about it before they learned that the game sucked.

I don't think Spidey is in the game yet. I could be wrong, though

I only played the game for like 3 hours on my Pro before deciding to wait for he NG update. I will give it another chance on PS5 but I am not expecting much

Last edited:
Do they ever mention a 60 fps upgrade? I see "upgraded visuals" but nothing about framerate?

I don't think Spidey is in the game yet. I could be wrong, though

I only played the game for like 3 hours on my Pro before deciding to wait for he NG update. I will give it another chance on PS5 but I am not expecting much
It already had a 60 fps mode on Pro and OneX

It already had a 60 fps mode on Pro and OneX
It already runs at 60fps on last gen "pro" hardware and current gen.

I forgot that it had a Performance mode. However you both are incorrect, sorry.

According to VGTech it only averaged 44 FPS in Performance mode on Pro. One X averages 48fps in Performance mode

Knowing that, I stand by my statement. It would be nice to have details on what the new upgrades are. 4k/locked 60, 1800p/locked 60, etc. Neither Pro or One X sniffed 4k in Performance mode, either

One X performance (second column)

Pro performance (second colomn)

From VG Tech

Just saying, it would be nice to have details of the improvements. Details are good.

EDIT

It does say "upgraded visuals AND framerate," so yeah, I did miss that somehow. I'll assume performance mode hits locked 60 in the upgrade and hopefully is close to 4k.

Last edited:

quickwhips

The models are crap but it was fun. Shocked those models were allowed for main but then sony did use the faces for spiderman...

Fredrik

this game in one image for me :
522-5222204_arrows-missing-target-clipart-clipart-transparent-arrow-missing.png
Lol yup! And I’m not even talking about the game here... I don’t know what’s the deal, maybe there are some legal issues or whatever, but you just can’t make new non-comics versions of the Avengers after like 15 years of Hollywood movies. It’s just annoying. Looks like bad cosplaying.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Did Spiderman ever actually get released? I remember everyone being mad about it before they learned that the game sucked.
Not yet. They're really far behind in their release schedule. For example, this Hawkeye content was supposed to have come out in Nov/Dec and we're getting it in March.

They may push Spiderman out for a while because the game is content starved on every platform and I can't imagine it would go over all that well to spend resources solely for Sony unless there's something contractual in there that it has to release within a certain timeframe. However, they may push it out soon to fulfill the obligation to Sony and Square Enix may say that's the end and pull developers off the game and have them work on something new.

Last edited:
I cannot believe how they could fail with the biggest IP in entertainment of the last 10 years. Truly a remarkable achievement, congrats.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
As much as I want these super hero games to succeed they have to figure out some things in 2013 we had Batman AAA so it is possible.

Certinty

No thanks.

I defended this game before launch, bought it day one, enjoyed the story a little and then tried out the online modes and it was a joke. Updates didn’t help and a week after launch I gave up on it completely and gave it to a friend.

What a huge fuckup of such a huge licence. It’s a shame too because each character actually plays great, if they actually made a proper game around them it could have been something special.

Last edited:

ButchCat

Faces look a lot like the ones in the Tomb raider series and just as dull which makes sense considering it's the same dev team.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Paid $15 used, been waiting on Ps5 version first.

Reizo Ryuu

Dunno I enjoy the game, black widow and kate feel really good combat wise, the others don't feel as good tbh but my biggest problem would be the fucking overuse of robots.
Like how hard can it be to create some nice enemy variety?
Someone who isn't very familiar with Marvel would think that all the heroes just fight droids all the goddamn time, even though the exact opposite is true in the comics.

I'm sure they'd try to spin it somehow by saying yeah the story/setting is about AIM as the bad guys, but I think the reverse is true, I think they went with AIM specifically so they could have the enemies just be faceless, uniform humans or robots; perhaps disney/marvel had some kind of mandate to keep the game at a certain (esrb) rating, so they picked the safest possible option and cut out anything that could remotely resemble a human being brutally beaten/shot to death.

kiphalfton

I forgot that it had a Performance mode. However you both are incorrect, sorry.

According to VGTech it only averaged 44 FPS in Performance mode on Pro. One X averages 48fps in Performance mode

Knowing that, I stand by my statement. It would be nice to have details on what the new upgrades are. 4k/locked 60, 1800p/locked 60, etc. Neither Pro or One X sniffed 4k in Performance mode, either

One X performance (second column)

Pro performance (second colomn)

From VG Tech

Just saying, it would be nice to have details of the improvements. Details are good.

EDIT

It does say "upgraded visuals AND framerate," so yeah, I did miss that somehow. I'll assume performance mode hits locked 60 in the upgrade and hopefully is close to 4k.

Those tables make zero sense, since they don't have descriptions. You just have three columns and don't actually mention what each of the three columns mean.

Esca

I liked the game mostly, spent like 65 hours with it. The lack of content really hurt. I was expecting spiderman by now but they are half assing this even more

EekTheKat

This trailer does a great job at highlighting just how painfully generic the Avengers game was.

The voiceover is hilarious - it sounds like a bunch of generic lines a low budget poorly dubbed B level action movie from the 90's would use, and not a AAA million dollar videogame tied to a billion dollar franchise.

kiphalfton

I liked the game mostly, spent like 65 hours with it. The lack of content really hurt. I was expecting spiderman by now but they are half assing this even more
So they promised Spider-Man in the ps4 version, but never delivered on that promise? Is that not false advertisement?

Esca

So they promised Spider-Man in the ps4 version, but never delivered on that promise? Is that not false advertisement?
Not yet. He was announced worth no time window but I personally was expecting him by now since it's been quite awhile. I'll try the game again when they release him but I feel it will be too little too late

Top Bottom