• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Avengers is such a shame and embarrassing game

assurdum

Banned
I'm shocked to the shit show of this game I really hate what Crystal Dinamics has tried to do and I find it incredibly dishonest. Let's say, I started the single player campaign (single players my balls) and the things didn't appeared bad at all. Some platform, stealth session, everything seems lead to a decent narrative with good combat system but then...after a couple of hours, I believe, the single player become suddenly an offline multiplayer game. Like the fuck? Why? I mean the hell they thought it was remotely a good idea? I started to feel literally disconnected to the game even when I die, I have to wait the others players resurrect my character wut. I understood everything but this is unrespectful for the gamers. You want release a game with only multiplayer, just do it but don't pissed off the people with this ass trick to attract the single players gamers fanbase, who expected to have a good solo campaign and not a masked tutorial for the fucking multiplayer even in the final missions.

Last edited:
The gear system (which shouldn't even be there if they had made the game people wanted) is one of the worst I've ever seen. They put in a fair few combos and have what could be decent combat then the gear forces you to effectively spam one or two moves over and over and over and over to take advantage of the battery stuff.

assurdum

Banned
This is standard for any game that has AI companions, dunno what you are complaining about here
Are you kidding me? It's clear as the day the single player was initially thought to be a normal single player mode with drived narrative, it's evident how designed many areas, even later in the "campaign". But it becomes a whole tutorial for the multiplayer, for most of the time. Don't care what's the reason behind (probably budget and time aren't enough and they mixed everything to save the face); it's literally obvious the solo became off in a couple of hours and it's not well structured. Otherwise you won't see appears the waiting room so later. Said that even the multiplayer elements become really annoying and boring after a bunch of hours. It's like three mode repeated thousands of times. Everything is just bad and rushed at the all levels possible in this game.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
jurassic park deal with it GIF

assurdum

Banned
No I'm not, AI companions reviving you has been a standard for well over a decade, again dunno why this is a problem for you.
So why AI companions reviving is absent even in some later sessions? Enlight me. It's completely illogical a single player mode splitted in this way.

Last edited:
A while back I tried it via PS Now, early on there were moments I thought it might all click but sadly it turned out to be such a dour , monotonous experience I couldn’t play it any longer.

The copy and paste missions is just jarring, my problem with some developers is they don’t regard a players time at all. There is no sense of pacing, variety and in particular with games like this, it’s deliberately drawn out to match that “service” model which more often than not is tedious shite.

A game like this in a way is why I don’t like the way this industry is heading. I’m not saying make everything single player , of course not , if you’re going down the service route at least put some thought into missions and variety.

assurdum

Banned
It's called a tutorial.
Mmm yeah. A pity there are other sessions where you play in solo mode without companions. It's called rushed development and mixing the bag to save the face. It's not the first time I seen it

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
You mean the "respawn restricted" areas? Are you really wondering why there are more challenging areas in a videogame?
No I'm wondering why mixed solo campaign levels with multiplayer sessions. It doesn't make sense and really disjointed my experience. There are a specific multiplayer mode to use.

Reizo Ryuu

No I'm wondering why mixed solo campaign levels with multiplayer sessions. It doesn't make sense and really disjointed my experience.
...what? You are wondering why a game called "Avengers" has you play through levels where you aren't alone?
This isn't Spider-Man or Incredible Hulk, you're playing a game revolving around a team that works together, of course there's going to be levels were you work together.
I mean what do you think Kamala is even doing in the campaign? She's getting the Avengers back together, so together you can beat the big bad.

You're idea of just running around solo, is really your own misconception of what the game would be.

assurdum

Banned
A while back I tried it via PS Now, early on there were moments I thought it might all click but sadly it turned out to be such a dour , monotonous experience I couldn’t play it any longer.

The copy and paste missions is just jarring, my problem with some developers is they don’t regard a players time at all. There is no sense of pacing, variety and in particular with games like this, it’s deliberately drawn out to match that “service” model which more often than not is tedious shite.

A game like this in a way is why I don’t like the way this industry is heading. I’m not saying make everything single player , of course not , if you’re going down the service route at least put some thought into missions and variety.
This. Even forgetting how they confused the solo and multiplayer campaign, neither the multiplier it's worthy it. It's a boring copy and paste actions for the whole time. Everytime I see some batteries to destroy or some point to defend, I swear to God.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
...what? You are wondering why a game called "Avengers" has you play through levels where you aren't alone?
This isn't Spider-Man or Incredible Hulk, you're playing a game revolving around a team that works together, of course there's going to be levels were you work together.
I mean what do you think Kamala is even doing in the campaign? She's getting the Avengers back together, so together you can beat the big bad.

You're idea of just running around solo, is really your own misconception of what the game would be.
What a load of bullshit. So because it was Avengers named it can't be played as solo and there wasn't any way to make a disjointed story mode to the multiplayer/team-mate? Lol sure. So why they did many levels playable just in solo? For what reason I'm asking if it was inconceivable for their mind make a SP. I can't believe someone can defend this shit.

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

Exactly same feelings, starded singleplayer campaign and thought this is quite good and then game become like multillayer cheap missions, stopped playing + one of worse cb implementation on ps5

Reizo Ryuu

What a load of bullshit. So because it was Avengers named it can't be played as solo and there wasn't any way to make a disjointed story mode to the multiplayer? Lol sure. So why they did many levels in solo? I can't believe someone can defend this shit.
...What?
Did you miss the entire reason why the Avengers disbanded? Did you just skip every cutscene or what?
The entire campaign is called RE-ASSEMBLED, like how do you miss this? The parts where you are strictly solo, are the parts where Kamala is looking for the rest of the team, as soon as the team comes back together, what the hell did you think would happen? You would just continue to play iron-man-or-thor-the-solo-game?
The game is AVENGERS, it's a TEAM, as soon as the TEAM comes back together you obviously start playing as a TEAM; why is this so hard for you to understand, and why is it more immersive for you to play as a MEMBER OF A TEAM, solo?

The avengers movies should just be hawkeye trying to beat thanos, that makes fucking sense, you weirdo.

assurdum

Banned
Exactly same feelings, starded singleplayer campaign and thought this is quite good and then game become like multillayer cheap missions, stopped playing + one of worse cb implementation on ps5
The combat it wasn't bad at all. But the multiplayer is a torture to play. I was fine to combat enemies hoardes. But when they forced many multiplayer elements as defend the area, destroy such object, Jeez give me a break with this shit.

assurdum

Banned
...What?
Did you miss the entire reason why the Avengers disbanded? Did you just skip every cutscene or what?
The entire campaign is called RE-ASSEMBLED, like how do you miss this? The parts where you are strictly solo, are the parts where Kamala is looking for the rest of the team, as soon as the team comes back together, what the hell did you think would happen? You would just continue to play iron-man-or-thor-the-solo-game?
The game is AVENGERS, it's a TEAM, as soon as the TEAM comes back together you obviously start playing as a TEAM; why is this so hard for you to understand, and why is it more immersive for you to play as a MEMBER OF A TEAM, solo?

The avengers movies should just be hawkeye trying to beat thanos, that makes fucking sense, you weirdo.
Weirdo are you who defend desperately something so bad designed lol just because they are a team. My God the hell of stupidity I have to read now. What's wrong if the whole solo campaign was structured as the demo ah? Isn't it a team for the whole introduction too? You see how stupid is such excuse?

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Weirdo are you who defend desperately something so bad designed lol just because they are a team
Yeah, the game designed around a team that always works together, is badly designed because they have you working together.
Sorry you're not a weirdo, you're a clown.

assurdum

Banned
Yeah, the game designed around a team that always works together, is badly designed because they have you working together.
Sorry you're not a weirdo, you're a clown.
What's exactly your problem? I'm a clown because I think the whole solo campaign should be designed as the demo presented? Time for a therapist.

Last edited:
Top Bottom