• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel going street level w/ Netflix (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Karen is like the best girl of the MCU after Mantis and Scarlet Witch. I also really loved Trish.

I wonder what they'll do after the Defenders If we will just go through Punisher > Jessica Jones > Daredevil > Luke Cage > Iron Fist etc or if they will do another Defenders like we do phases with the Avengers.

Other than
getting Ben killed with her sloppiness
, I don't get the hate for Karen. She shows agency, isn't annoying, and is pretty driven.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
C8gRb2mXYAI9G-u.jpg
JJ S2 starts filming tomorrow?

https://news.marvel.com/tv/62677/aw...etflix-original-series-marvels-jessica-jones/

Marvel Television and Netflix announced today that Golden Globe® winner and two-time Academy Award® nominated actress, Janet McTeer (“Tumbleweeds,” “Albert Nobbs,” “Me Before You”), will join the cast of the sophomore season of the Peabody® and Emmy® Award-winning, “Marvel’s Jessica Jones.” McTeer will play an undisclosed character who will have an enormous impact on Jessica’s life. All 13-episodes of the first season of “Marvel’s Jessica Jones” are now streaming on Netflix.

“We are so fortunate to have an actress of Janet’s talent and stature join what is already an incredible cast,” said Marvel’s Head of Television and Executive Producer, Jeph Loeb. “Our second season of ‘Marvel’s Jessica Jones’ aims to capture what audiences loved about our first, and Janet will be key to achieving that goal.”

“We couldn’t possibly be more excited to work with Ms. McTeer for our second season,” said “Marvel’s Jessica Jones” series Creator and Executive Producer, Melissa Rosenberg. Her gravitas and authenticity are the perfect ingredients for all we’re trying to create this year. She disappears into roles, gives her characters extraordinary dimension and depth. We’re incredibly fortunate to be able to collaborate with her.”

Pachimari

I really think we should just end this thread, and post the updates in our main MCU OT, trying to collect most subjects in there.

cj_iwakura

I have not seen Iron Fist yet. Does its ending spill into The Defenders like Captain America does with The Avengers?

Eh... not really. It has major ramifications for the character and the antagonists(SHOCKING NEWS: The Hand are involved).

I also liked the show, so watch the first few eps and draw your conclusions.

I have not seen Iron Fist yet. Does its ending spill into The Defenders like Captain America does with The Avengers?

Not in any explicit way, but it picks up some pieces from Daredevil and does move them towards Defenders. Some of the major characters in Iron Fist will be there in Defenders so it doesn't hurt to get to know them.

IMO the show isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be, but it does have the signature Marvel Netflix pacing/quality dip somewhere in the middle.

cj_iwakura

Not in any explicit way, but it picks up some pieces from Daredevil and does move them towards Defenders. Some of the major characters in Iron Fist will be there in Defenders so it doesn't hurt to get to know them.

IMO the show isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be, but it does have the signature Marvel Netflix pacing/quality dip somewhere in the middle.

It's still enjoyable, just has a odd shift in tone, unlike driving off a cliff in the last third like Luke Cage or getting lost in the woods for two extra eps in the middle like JJ. None of the IF eps felt wasted, just weird.

LotusHD

Banned

IF had the signature "Marvel dip" for the entire show lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
IF had the signature "Marvel dip" for the entire show lol

Theres no dip. The cookie starts at the bottom of the milk and stays there for the duration of the show. So what you are left with is a soggy mushy mess that you dont really want to eat but you do it anyway cause youre high as fuck.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Theres no dip. The cookie starts at the bottom of the milk and stays there for the duration of the show. So what you are left with is a soggy mushy mess that you dont really want to eat but you do it anyway cause youre high as fuck.
That's just a TAD harsh. The cookie clearly starts 4/5th the way down the glass before finishing its slow, inevitable descent to the bottom by episode 5 or 6.

LotusHD

Banned

Lol

That's just a TAD harsh. The cookie clearly starts 4/5th the way down the glass before finishing its slow, inevitable descent to the bottom by episode 5 or 6.

I dunno man, Episode 2...

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Any idea when we'll see The Punisher this year ? I'm jonesing for it bad (he's my favourite Marvel character)

They released a another bunch of animated stills on Twitter today, then the accounts started arguing with each other.

It's silly, but I enjoy it. Especially when JJ hates on everyone, but especially Danny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom