• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel games partner with Skydance for new game (Amy Hennigs new studio)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://skydance.com/news/skydance-...nment-to-create-an-all-new-interactive-title/

Skydance New Media, the new interactive division of Skydance Media helmed by award-winning writer and director Amy Hennig, announced today a partnership with Marvel Entertainment to develop a narrative-driven, blockbuster action-adventure game, featuring a completely original story and take on the Marvel Universe. This marks the first initiative from the new AAA game studio, which was formed by Hennig and Electronic Arts veteran Julian Beak to pioneer a new category of story-focused interactive entertainment—a groundbreaking convergence of games, film, and television.

Kuranghi

Many are calling Guardians their GOTY.
Many like when game is playing them and not the other way around.

I agree its a fantastic game Manabizzle.

Isn't there room for both kinds of games? It wouldn't be as well written/paced and... dare I say *gulp*... cinematic if it wasn't as scripted and linear as it is. You have to make a choice between these elements. If it was more of a sandboxy adventure then it wouldn't be like that and not nearly as many people would buy it since people many people don't want to make their own fun all the time, they want to have a cinematic adventure with precise timing and the like.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Personally I would want a Captain America game but I have a feeling they with go something/a hero with more abilities.

ParaSeoul

Marvel
Over It Wow GIF by The Comeback HBO

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I have a feeling it's an X-Men game. Just a hunch. I'm stretching here but it sounds like she may have hinted at there being multiple heroes in the press release. We still don't have a proper X-Men game on the horizon, in this new era of Marvel games, and I feel like the whole world is excited about them again, so there has to be one in the works.

On the other hand, X-Men seems perfectly suited for co-op, which I don't think her team is usually known for, so maybe not.

Daredevil?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Don't have a problem with this at all. Amy's never struck me as an "out there" auteur, she's just a really smart and skilled storyteller. She understands the craft remarkably well, check out her interview/conversations with Ted Price for proof.

Exoil

The only thing I have to say about this is that I'm sad that this game will never see the light of day. That's Amy's way since Uncharted 3.

Neff

Many are calling Guardians their GOTY.

It's a strong contender, but the writing in Guardians is for the most part 300% sharper and more endearing than anything Hennig has ever done, so I don't think it's a fair comparison.

Javthusiast

Banned
Finally. Between all them movies and games I felt it was not enough.

chang GIF

Obviously I will probably play it and have faith in Amy, but it doesn't make me any less tired of Marvel superheroes in general.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I don't think that came off quite like you were thinking. So you're saying nobody is actively playing Guardians of the Galaxy? The thing is just playing itself?

It’s an action game where ”player” is not in control of the action that’s happening on screen. Nothing wrong with liking this style of “game”. It’s where AAA industry is heading so if you like it, you’re in luck.

Topher

Gold Member
i would be excited about this a decade ago. But since Uncharted 3....all her stuff gets cancelled or she gets fired

What do you mean "all her stuff"? Hasn't she only been at EA since leaving Naughty Dog which, EA being EA, closed down the entire Visceral studio and the game she was working on. You make it sound like getting cancelled/fired was a reoccurring thing. So what else are you referring to?

Last edited:
Last thing I really loved from her was Soul Reaver. I guess we'll see what this is. Not like I'm obligated to buy it if I'm not interested.

It’s an action game where ”player” is not in control of the action that’s happening on screen. Nothing wrong with liking this style of “game”. It’s where AAA industry is heading so if you like it, you’re in luck.

By that logic you're also not in control of things that happen on screen in God of War. Kratos' son is mostly doing his own thing, and you aren't the one doing those badass finishers. Kratos is doing them for you, and you're watching him do it with limited input while he does them. Same for Spider-Man.

Is a game at fault for giving the player fancy flourishes to make a game look more badass or fun? When any game lets you trigger a super move, do you think its you performing it once the cool shit starts happening? You pressed buttons to trigger actions. Welcome to videogames. Different games do things in different ways.

Ozzie666

First Daredevil game rumors and now this?

A Daredevil game based on Frank Miller's epic Elektra, Hand and Bullseye? Yes please. Inter mix it with some legal real life drama? Some Kingpin and maybe a guest appearance by Punisher? Set up the sequel for Born Again..

Ma-Yuan

I am all in GotG was awesome loved it. Hope it sells well enough to green light a second part. I would also love if these games would have a shared universe.

Top Bottom