• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Avengers Gameplay for those who give a fuck starts right now on Twitch!

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Look at these screenshots and imagine them in motion and 60 fps on your PS5s.

marvels-avengers-ps5-screenshots-1.original.jpg

marvels-avengers-ps5-screenshots-3.original.jpg

marvels-avengers-ps5-screenshots-2.original.jpg

marvels-avengers-ps5-screenshots-4.original.jpg
Now do the same thing but 144fps on PC.

PresetError

Neophyte
Marvel's Avengers screams Star Wars Battlefront 2 but worst graphics and animations. The campaign mode seems like an afterthought and the gameplay is kind of niche for the kind of audience an Avengers game should target.

But it will probably do well financially on the back of hardcore fans spending on microtransactions and the Marvel brand.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Charge at me, but I think it looks good. Way deeper than I thought.

All heroes seem cool to play, with different mechanics and builds, although I'm still not a fan of Kamala.

Future DLC being free is very good and with smart delivery on PS5, another plus.

I just found it weird that it appears they removed Captain America from the game? He still seems connects to the narrative, but it was nowhere to be found in gameplay.

Last edited:

Rikkori

I like it but not for $70 + mtx. Maybe good on a sale in spring when new releases are lacking. This fall is just way too packed with better games.

Kayoba

It might just be me, but I feel that the graphics looks a bit better. It's not amazing, but better then the previous showing.

I think that the map layout is far to linear, combat looks a bit unrefined and I predict it will get old very fast. Anyhow, this isn't a game for me as I never got into the Avengers franchise.

Rheon

I tried to be excited while watching but it just looks so overwhelmingly.... average.

The combat feels so floaty and weightless, which is surprising considering the fact that the combat designer for GOW worked on this game as well.

The crippling Youtube compression of the stream did the visuals no favours either.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I tried to be excited while watching but it just looks so overwhelmingly.... average.

The combat feels so floaty and weightless, which is surprising considering the fact that the combat designer for GOW worked on this game as well.

The crippling Youtube compression of the stream did the visuals no favours either.
It felt like they don't have hit-stop incorporated into Thor's hammer strikes and you are absolutely right, just feels floaty and weightless. I'm hopeful they'll get it tightened up as I would absolutely love a good super hero co-op game. I'm gonna stay optimistically hopeful that it'll all come together.

Fbh

Didn't see the stream but the Thor Gameplay they uploaded to the Playstation Youtube channel looks really rough.

The animations, the gameplay, the floatiness ....gives me last gen movie tie in game vibes

It's a shame we didn't get a proper Avengers game before GaaS became a thing

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
This doesnt look bad but it doesnt look like a fit. I just feel like the Destiny like nature really forced things to progress a certain way. I think its a good idea on paper but it doesn't to have translated well. Maybe once its in peoples hands itll click.

Labolas

Wow so they went with Modok as the big bad? Not Baron Zemo, not Red Skull, not Dr. Doom, not Kang the Conqueror but fucking Modok. Yeah fuck this game.

BlackM1st

Banned
Wow so they went with Modok as the big bad? Not Baron Zemo, not Red Skull, not Dr. Doom, not Kang the Conqueror but fucking Modok. Yeah fuck this game.
Google "Marvel Future fight" for mobile. At least the cast and story is there. This game is nothing more than a M FF made for consoles.

JTCx

Doesnt look too bad just very dull. Needs more variety of heroes, the main ones they chose is very vanilla. Nothing too interesting. However that melee combat needs work. The feedback on those hits are non-existent and not enough build up in those animations.

Nickolaidas

Banned
While the trailers did point out that the footage was not the final build, they really needed to work on optimation before releasing it. At some points I suspect framerate dropped to single digits.

Ulysses 31

All this chatter during combat really makes the enemies they're facing less threatening. :lollipop_grinning: :lollipop_tears_of_joy::lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Sound effects are also a bit weak, doesn't really sound like Thor's hammer's hitting anything with great impact.

Last edited:

Umbral

So bad. That shit was so bad I was second-hand embarrassed.

We’re in the factory era of games. Stamp it out from the template, throw a lick of paint on it, put it on the shelf, have marketing do the rest.

sol_bad

Muslims aren’t a race, they’re adherents to Islam. Anyone can convert.

We have to be accurate with our words lest they lose their meaning and effectiveness.

oh

Prejudice much?
lol
Is there a word for someone who hates Muslims?

GlockSaint

Maybe a little improvement to the weight of your attacks and it'll be better, enemies hardly flinch to you attack and hulk doesn't even dent the metal on the robots as he is smashing it, makes it look pretty bland and not very fun. I'm trying to stay optimistic about this but it looks like it'll be a bargain bin game in the end.

Tiamat2san

So far not really impressed.
Generic as possible.
I saw the video 7min on YouTube.
In a 7 min gameplay , they choose to show thor destroying 5 big robot/generator with some minions on the side.
They didn’t have anything more interesting to show?
Boring.
I’ll keep an eye on it because they have a hulk but that’s it.

sol_bad

Discriminatory?

That could do.

In regards to the actual game on hand, I do like what I see very much. If the game is cross play that would be even better as the 1 friend I might be able to play with buys Xbox and I buy Playstation. Hearing that some suits will only be available on their market is highly gross though, everything should be in the game to get.

Labolas

Again the gameplay looks like it sucks, the charcter models looks like dull, Kamala Khan sucks. I honestly think that the only reason people like Kamala is because she's Pakistani. She isn't interesting, her costume is trash, her powers are trash, and her comics are trash (same with the current Carol Danvers). And I don't know if it's just me, the character models look like they step out of last gen's movie tie games. They're all off. The gameplay looks average at best. Enemies do not respond that getting hit, and act like sponges. You've only got two buttons that don't really offer much variety in the way of combos. No on the fly character switching. Just bland bland bland. And you end with fucking MODOK as your big bad. And the Inhumans are involved because they couldn't use mutants and Kamala Khan's involvement. Look, we don't know the whole story is, but from what I can tell it's going be to a generic action movie type of plot even by Marvel movie standards. It's almost like they don't know how to make an interesting Avengers game.

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
Nah, Kamala Khan is an interesting and funny character in the comics, similar to Miles Morales. I do think it's a strange pairing though, her with the "senior" Avengers. Spiderman or Wolverine would have been a better fit if they wanted to bring in a "special guest". I'm sure she will end up being fine within the game, I'm just not sure that it was the best choice. Where's Hawkeye? Ant/Giant-man?

John Day

It looks... Bad. Not terrible, but way bellow Spider and Bat games.....

Also on Youtube:

It seems automatic? Like a mobile game?

I think that’s it, atleast for me! I don’t really know what it is, honestly mates! It’s as if there is sonething lacking. Maybe it’s the half MCU / half comics aestethics or something, i can’t tell.
Maybe its the gameplay loop for me? I can’t really tell.
I still have my eyes on it though.

Top Bottom