• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Kevin Feige confirms a transgender character is being introduced to the MCU

brap

Banned
This is gonna be epic!! Who do you think it is my fellow millenials?

Appearing as a guest speaker for the New York Film Academy, the Marvel head spoke at length about the studio’s aspirations for movies and Disney+ while fielding questions from an audience.

Asked whether there were future plans for any LGBTQ+ characters, “specifically trans characters,” Feige responded, “Yes, absolutely yes.”

He confirmed that the transgender character would be joining the MCU “very soon, in a movie that we’re shooting right now.”

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Not much to comment on without more details on director, story, etc. Most MCU flicks have been decent other than 0/10 Captain Marvel. Having a trans lead doesn't necessarily mean it'll be super woke, but that seems to be the direction we're trending toward.

ManaByte

The only movie they’re shooting right now is The Eternals. The only other stuff filming are the first two D+ shows. Shang-Chi starts next week.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Where did she hide the nuts?

giphy.gif

Please forgive me for my opinion, but these SJW, virtue signaling clowns are getting on my last damn nerve. I get it... It's a work of fiction and doesn't, or rather shouldn't affect me. I just hate that we as a society are pandering, and now not only do we have to deal with it from day-to-day, but now we have to deal with it in our escapism too? Grr!

sol_bad

Please forgive me for my opinion, but these SJW, virtue signaling clowns are getting on my last damn nerve. I get it... It's a work of fiction and doesn't, or rather shouldn't affect me. I just hate that we as a society are pandering, and now not only do we have to deal with it from day-to-day, but now we have to deal with it in our escapism too? Grr!

How do you have to deal with it day to day in your life?

I personally don't have to deal with it day to day myself. And the amount of gays and guys wanting to be women is pretty damn high here in Makati city.

How do you have to deal with it day to day in your life?

I personally don't have to deal with it day to day myself. And the amount of gays and guys wanting to be women is pretty damn high here in Makati city.

Certainly in the mainstream media, on public forums, and social media. How is that really a question? Do you not use the internet at all other than to post on NeoGaf?

sol_bad

Certainly in the mainstream media, on public forums, and social media. How is that really a question? Do you not use the internet at all other than to post on NeoGaf?

I barely use Facebook and don't use any other social media.
If it's only the internet that affects you, just delete/ignore the people/posts/outlets that talk about it if it annoys you.

GAMETA

Banned
It honestly got to a point where I don't mind anymore... I just think "yeah, whatever, I don't give a fuck"...

Wanna have buff dudes wearing wigs on women sports? Go ahead.

Wanna forcefully replace what they think is a sexist imposition of beauty? Sure, do it....

Wanna contradict biology? Fuck it, it's your problem...

Because here's the thing, the delusion can only last so long... they're a living a lie and lots of them know it... once reality comes crashing in and the powerful are no longer interested on these agendas, these people will be bitch slaped on their faces by life so hard it will be hard for them to stand back up... hopefully they do and they'll then understand... there's nothing like a dose of reality to wake people up.

ManaByte

I have no issue with them Doing it. But I have a problem with the people who ask these questions. Who. The Fuck. Cares.

Because some people hope they’ll get a “no” answer to the question so they can then cancel the successful person oppressing them.

sol_bad

Because some people hope they’ll get a “no” answer to the question so they can then cancel the successful person oppressing them.

That god damn Q&a had 2 people in a row ask about LGBT and diversity. Stupid kids.

I still need to watch the rest of the Q&A but the kids better have better questions. I'd personally be dying to ask about production issues with Iron Man 3, Thor 2 and Age of Ultron. I'd love more insight into those issues.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Just cast ScarJo and the movie will be cancelled.

Can't wait to see what will get people up in arms. The person they cast won't be trans for long enough cancel the movie. Or their hair isn't the right length for a trans cancel the movie. The black trans will complain if its a white trans, and if its a black trans MtF then the FtM's will complain. You just know that once the inch is given the mile will be taken and it won't be enough.

Kenpachii

Easy browny points, just say your character has been undergoing 2x transgender treatment in a 300 dollar dlc update.

2x wokeness, no changes required.

Last edited:

Mistake

Who are they introducing now? The muffin man? Maybe they’ll include a sketch with him getting kicked in crotch saying “not today, honey.”

My vote is for captain cocks. After a woman gets injected with a gender bending serum, she gets a ravenous Cerberus at her waist

Last edited:

Shouta

Probably gonna be a character in one of the D+ shows like already mentioned. They'll probably only hint or make a vague comment too.

It'd be neat if they had a story where it actually came up as a result of the plot but i don't know if the writers are good enough for that.

Papa

Banned
lol
It's pretty easy to avoid the things you hate or that annoy you in life, especially when it comes to the internet.

The problem is that it's increasingly not because so many of the big entertainment franchises and general media are being corrupted by this mind virus. People are tired of having what is tantamount to the proselytising of a narcissistic cult shoved down their throat.

MisterHero

Mystique was the subject of the excellent Days of Future Past but Disney didn't make it so she doesn't count

sol_bad

The problem is that it's increasingly not because so many of the big entertainment franchises and general media are being corrupted by this mind virus. People are tired of having what is tantamount to the proselytising of a narcissistic cult shoved down their throat.

I'm not sure if you are calling Disney itself or the fans a cult.
lol

With @ X XBlackCavendishX , I wasn't saying they can't complain about this being in an MCU film. They certainly can. I'm just questioning their stance about their day to day life. I was expecting them to say something about their real life situation, not just about the internet. Obviously if they want to be informed about films that contain gay or transexual characters so that they can avoid them than they should stay subscribed or keep visiting the sources that provide this information. If the gay character at the start of Endgame and lesbo kiss in RoS doesn't trigger them and they don't give a shit about those scenes they should avoid websites that talk about these things for click bait and hits. Sites that talk about these scenes (negatively or positively) generally make a bigger deal about them than there should be.

Seriously though, if the topic of gay/tran characters is that depressing to your mental state it's not worth seeking out those types of sources. If you steer clear of that shit you'll only see it in about 2-5 movies a year. You'll be depressed and annoyed 2-5 times within the year rather than 365 days a year.

As for the actual topic on hand, there is no further information to really make any clear thoughts. As @manybyte mentioned, only Eternals is currently filming, Shang Chi in early 2020. For all we know, if there is a transexual character, it could be a character with shape shifting powers, they were born a male and decided to shape shift and stay as female, it might be a character who is in the film for 5 minutes. I'm not aware of any actual trans characters in Marvel comics to be honest apart from Loki.
There is definitely a gay character in the film though and I'm fine with it in Eternals, they have been around for thousands of years and have interacted with thousands of alien species no doubt. Who cares if they are fucking another alien race or someone of the same sex of their own race. I'm also ok with it in Eternals as even the vast comic community doesn't know about the Eternals that much. For anyone that does love and know the Eternals, they obviously have every right to be annoyed at the changes that are being made in the film.

Some openly gay characters in the comics will no doubt be coming to the MCU at some point. Characters like Hulkling, Wiccan, Northstar and Iceman.
As long as Feige doesn't try to change well known hetero characters into gay characters I am happy.

Iceman is actually a weird scenario for myself, he has been hetero for the vast majority of his publishing time. If we use real life time line it's not a big issue for Iceman to come out as gay. Many people in real life have lived through the 1960's. 1970's and 1980's as gay but led hetero lives and only came out in their 50's and 60's. If we look at the Marvel comics time line itself though, a sliding time line, it's harder for me to comprehend this sudden change in sexuality for Iceman.

Papa

Banned
I'm not sure if you are calling Disney itself or the fans a cult.
lol

With @ X XBlackCavendishX , I wasn't saying they can't complain about this being in an MCU film. They certainly can. I'm just questioning their stance about their day to day life. I was expecting them to say something about their real life situation, not just about the internet. Obviously if they want to be informed about films that contain gay or transexual characters so that they can avoid them than they should stay subscribed or keep visiting the sources that provide this information. If the gay character at the start of Endgame and lesbo kiss in RoS doesn't trigger them and they don't give a shit about those scenes they should avoid websites that talk about these things for click bait and hits. Sites that talk about these scenes (negatively or positively) generally make a bigger deal about them than there should be.

Seriously though, if the topic of gay/tran characters is that depressing to your mental state it's not worth seeking out those types of sources. If you steer clear of that shit you'll only see it in about 2-5 movies a year. You'll be depressed and annoyed 2-5 times within the year rather than 365 days a year.

As for the actual topic on hand, there is no further information to really make any clear thoughts. As @manybyte mentioned, only Eternals is currently filming, Shang Chi in early 2020. For all we know, if there is a transexual character, it could be a character with shape shifting powers, they were born a male and decided to shape shift and stay as female, it might be a character who is in the film for 5 minutes. I'm not aware of any actual trans characters in Marvel comics to be honest apart from Loki.
There is definitely a gay character in the film though and I'm fine with it in Eternals, they have been around for thousands of years and have interacted with thousands of alien species no doubt. Who cares if they are fucking another alien race or someone of the same sex of their own race. I'm also ok with it in Eternals as even the vast comic community doesn't know about the Eternals that much. For anyone that does love and know the Eternals, they obviously have every right to be annoyed at the changes that are being made in the film.

Some openly gay characters in the comics will no doubt be coming to the MCU at some point. Characters like Hulkling, Wiccan, Northstar and Iceman.
As long as Feige doesn't try to change well known hetero characters into gay characters I am happy.

Iceman is actually a weird scenario for myself, he has been hetero for the vast majority of his publishing time. If we use real life time line it's not a big issue for Iceman to come out as gay. Many people in real life have lived through the 1960's. 1970's and 1980's as gay but led hetero lives and only came out in their 50's and 60's. If we look at the Marvel comics time line itself though, a sliding time line, it's harder for me to comprehend this sudden change in sexuality for Iceman.

The cult I refer to is intersectional feminism which is laundering its bad ideas through media including movies, TV, video games, comics, and even the news.

Top Bottom