• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Kevin Feige on #WheresBlackWidow: ”That’s Not Going To Happen Anymore!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

She probably makes more from stuff like Lucy and Ghost in the Shell than Avengers.

RDJ strong armed Marvel into giving other stars good paying deals some time ago. Apparently their original contracts were for many movies, but for somewhat shitty pay considering bank Marvel is making. Now apparently all stars are making nice bank / movie.

RDJ has been making insane bank because he got percentage based pay deal back in the day, when Marvel didn't expect Iron Man 1 to do well and didn't have high hopes for MCU to succeed.

opricnik

Banned
Black Widow movie won't be a thing with Scarlett atleast . It was basically Winter Soldier they took ideas from movie and put it to that.

A friend sent me a photo of a Nico Minoru action figure he saw at a local walmart.

If Nico Minoru can have an action figure, it would be completely bullshit if they pull this shit again.

Yep, there's a Nico Minoru figure included in the Doctor Strange line of toys which I found surprising considering she's not even in the movie (her mom and staff are though!) I think Marvel/Disney are making an effort here, it's up to retailers to follow through.

It's Alan Horn, I believe.

Also, I don't know that Horn (or Iger) are too concerned with the kind of merch getting made. But since the problem was Perlmutter getting in the way of what was supposed to get made, the fact Perlmutter is out (he's all up in the White House business now, ugh) and neither Horn nor Feige sees fit to stop action figures & t-shirts of woman characters is absolutely a good thing. More of that stuff will hit shelves now.

Shit, mixed up my execs, but yeah, hopefully, Horn and co. start making more toys for girls.

Fundamentally not how that works. Disney's consumer product division is so powerful that is has the power to stop films getting made if it doesn't see any merch potential in it.

Fiege ain't telling them shit.
Feige literally turned a bunch of D-list superheroes into one of the most profitable new IPs for Disney in years, with Guardians. I'd bet that Horn knows this and would give Feige the edge if push came to shove between the two, because Feige's responsible for making characters like Ant-Man, Rocket Raccoon, Baby Groot, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, or even Loki into actual brands that make money.

So if Feige wants to make a movie based on "Fing Fam Foom" of all properties, you'd better believe we're getting action figures, cereal, towels, and whatever else Disney can slap it name on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom