• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marty O’Donnell being paid $95,019.13 by Bungie in settlement, Halo has grossed $3.4B

Game4life

Banned
Shame that he was fired. A great composer. Hopefully he finds his footing soon. 343 would indeed be a great choice for him as he is familiar with the series.

Dirtbag

Sad to see him go. Glad he got paid. Interested to see what's next for him.

Give zero fucks about the details, and bungie owes us none of them. Curious to see who takes his place and how he/she does.

Gamer self entitlement continues to baffle me

TheOddOne

jbolH91eiSkt9S.png

"Use the shares for other, unspecified business purpose before the arbitration hearing."

Welp, at least be specific about these things when arguing.

JABEE

If his shares were vested and there was not a clause in the employment contract for O'Donnell to forfeit them upon termination, then I don't see how Bungie could reclaim them. At that point they belong to him. Losing unvested shares upon separation is normal. There is probably a lot more to the story, but the reasoning provided in the article - Marty would be a pest at board meetings - is an awfully weak reason for stripping him of his voting shares and status.

Yeah. That's the kind of thing you should think about before you fire someone. Bungie's argument seems really, really weak.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn what the hell happened between this guys.

You will never know, seriously he probably signed a NDA after the first settlement .
Bungie will probably buy out his shares at a premium when O'donnell becomes a nuisance during board meetings, at least that's what i would do, gotta get paid son,

Pikma

Banned
That's a dumb excuse from Bungie, "Oh he can't be here because we don't like him, and he'd just bother us anyway"

It's ridiculously childish.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Unfortunate to see the relationship dissolve like that but Bungie definitely fucked up with regards to O'Donnell's shares and his rights as a shareholder. Their excuse just doesn't cut it.

Muffdraul

This whole thing has been heartbreaking and I refuse to take sides. The only silver lining I can see is that there's probably no reason to fear certain weapons in Destiny will have wimpy and unsatisfying report sound effects.
I always assumed Halo 2's weak sauce sniper and shotty, and Halo 3's whisper quiet AR were down to Marty going "Turn those fucking things down, they're getting in the way of my awesome music."

ElRenoRaven

I like his work, but that sounds seriously hyperbolic. What techniques has he introduced that everyone learnt from?

I agree. His music is great but It's not worth someone being an arrogant asshole. Not saying he was mind you. I just get the feeling they think he was based off the information from the previous court documents and now this.

I agree. His music is great but It's not worth someone being an arrogant asshole. Not saying he was mind you. I just get the feeling they think he was based off the information from the previous court documents and now this.
I dunno, if anyone comes out looking like an arrogant asshole from this, it's probably Bungie as a whole.

ElRenoRaven

I dunno, if anyone comes out looking like an arrogant asshole from this, it's probably Bungie as a whole.

No I'd say Bungie comes out looking a bit incompetent due to the fact that their lawyer should have known that Marty would be entitled to keep the stock. Overall I feel sorry for all sides. Marty, Bungie, those who work at Bungie. This had to be a nasty nasty break up for it to end like this. It's sad really.

Top Bottom