• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Martha is dead to be censored/edited on PlayStation platforms, PC and Xbox unaffected.

cormack12

Gold Member
FLU0zIBXIAIRk2V

Martha Is Dead is a narrative adventure recommended for adult audiences only, with play consisting of potentially discomforting scenes and themes that may distress some players. Both Wired Productions and LKA have always been open and honest about Martha Is Dead content, with the sensitive depictions in play consistently communicated to the media since the game was announced in 2019. This content is also flagged clearly and repeatedly within the game itself before play begins.

>It is with regret that we have had to modify the experience on the PS5 and PS4 versions, with some elements no longer playable. After over four years of passion and hard work, Developer LKA now requires extra time to make these unplanned changes. Martha Is Dead, as a result, will still launch digitally on both PS5 and PS4 on Thursday, February 24th, 2022, but the physical retail release will be delayed to a yet to be disclosed date; although we anticipate this to only be a small number of weeks. Our physical edition will still contain the bonus content of a double-sided poster, digital tarot cards and Martha Is Dead Digital EP. We will update players with the date we ship this edition as soon as we have the information.

The PC and Xbox versions of Martha Is Dead are both unaffected by these developments and will launch with the full unedited gameplay as planned.

We look forward to players experiencing the work of LKA on Thursday February 24th, 2022.

Suspected scene

Last edited:

ManaByte

This is trash! Sony really is dropping the ball. I'm an adult, I think I can understand a games rating.

If Sony cares so much about the kids, make better parental controls, don't punish the whole player base.

Has nothing to do with the kids and everything to do with a Twitch streamer showing the content running on a PlayStation, which then triggers the crazy Twitter mob.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Sony can release a gore fest like TLOU II but censors other developers games.
Cant let third party devs be too edgy. Got to hoard it for first party.

Ultimate edginess can only come from LoU gory kills and Kratos banging chicks and floppy tit enemies in GOW.

But good to see this dev have balls to outright call it out. Other times third party studios have to censor too, but they dont say anything to rock the boat with Sony and it's gamers who find out and post comparison pics.

Dr Bass

Honestly, you guys flung shit at Nintendo when they were doing this BEFORE the implementation of a ratings system. But now Big Momma Sony's looking out for you sweet kids.
irony GIF
This GIF always bugs me. Does this guy think he was being clever?

Anyway, what was the censored content? Seems stupid, and hypocritical when you consider the content in TLoU 2. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Sick bullshit like this shouldn't be present in games tbh. In this case i fully agree with Sony.

Well that does sound pretty stupid but I'd have to see the context, I mean doing that in something like a zombie game where you are trying to hide that you are alive makes sense but only if it were another adults face, I don't get why this would need to be done with a baby though, what kind of story are they trying to tell?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No Irony at all there, everyone flung shit at Nintendo, and now everyone will be flinging shit at Sony, what's your point?
At least Nintendo did that way back to support the family friendly vibe with Mario and Zelda as the face of the brand. But even they are open to all games.

Playstation has everything from Lego to LoU and GOW killathons, and nudity and sex scenes with Abby getting rammed up the ass and Kratos' wooden bedframe rocking so much vases are falling. You even take part pumping them pressing buttons. Somehow that passes.

A couple years ago, DMC wants to show a bum shot of a grown woman and that's off limits.

Figure that out.

Last edited:
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wtf.

I was about to finally agree with the Anime weirdos… LMAOO. How is that not A rated. Sony does not want a “GTA hot coffee” on crack falling on its whole Playstation Division.

Top Bottom