• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Strikers: Battle League deserves more hype, it's made by the Luigi's Mansion 3 devs

Bragr

Banned
I feel like people have completely missed the fact that this is not another Camelot Mario Sports game, but the game that Next Level Games has been working on after the excellent Luigi's Mansion 3.

It's been 15 years (!) since the last Strikers game on the Wii.

I love games where you earn credits and unlock stuff, and this game is built around that, with customization with its characters and stadiums you have to buy and unlock. There is also a lot more depth than the older Strikers games, with more moves and abilities.

Can't wait, 9 days left.

gameplay-trailer-mario-strikers-battle-league-1.jpg

Mario-Strikers-customization-peach-1024x576.jpg

Yeah but I also kinda feel like they’re being wasted on it? Not that it won’t be fun but they’re a really talented studio and it feels like they could be doing much more ambitious projects. What do I know though, maybe it was their idea to begin with lol

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It's pretty solid. But it needs more single player content for me to buy it for $60.

If you're into soccer though and just want to play multiplayer, it feels like a super solid game.

RCU005

The issue is not the game or the devs. It’s the fact that they made a barebones game with practically 10% of the content the others had.

SpokkX

Well… great dev for sure…

But… it it STILL is freaking SOCCER with mario. Who thought that was a good idea? I played the gamecube one and yeah it was precisely as bad as i expected

So no.. it has nothing to do with Luigis Mansion, even if those were great

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
The issue is not the game or the devs. It’s the fact that they made a barebones game with practically 10% of the content the others had.
Biggest issue I have. To be fair though, the game will get free updates. That evens it out.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Danjin44 Danjin44 RoboFu RoboFu I too find sports games to be boring as hell, and I specially hate watching soccer matches on TV, yet I love Mario Strikers.

Like oldergamer oldergamer said, I recommend you guys to give the game a go, or at least emulate the GC game to get and idea of how it plays.

I don't know how this Switch iteration will come out, but the GC one is very arcade and very fast to play, which is not something you'd be able to say about most sports games.

I'm pretty hyped, but Nintendo saying "free dlc content later" usually means the game is lacking things. I believe they said that about this game, I might have it confused with something else lately.

Astral Dog

Im sure it will be good, but its not Luigis Mansion or an adventure game. main focus is multiplayer and will lack content at launch. i don't care much about sports games

Its a football game made for the fans who enjoyed the previous ones

waiting for a new 2D Mario bros(or 3D Donkey Kong) myself

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Just wanted to mention that I'm not a sports guy either, but the Mario Strikers games always were incredible fun. It's probably the game I played the most on Gamecube as it is easy to get into it. Give a buddy a controller, and he will figure it out. And yet it still has enough depth to entertain you long-term. It's very similar to Mario Kart in that regard.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm only on the fence about this game because I don't know if I'd have anyone to play with. It looks like an absolute blast, though.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Im sure it will be good, but its not Luigis Mansion or an adventure game. main focus is multiplayer and will lack content at launch. i don't care much about sports games
That’s basically is turn off for someone like me because I don’t do multiplayer, I didn't even subscribe to Nintendo online. Games like Monster Hunter, Souls games and even Dissidia on PSP I play the crap out of those games without ever touching MP.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned

Its a football game made for the fans who enjoyed the previous ones

waiting for a new 2D Mario bros(or 3D Donkey Kong) myself
What's up with Nintendo releasing games recently that lack content? Mario party, Mario golf, switch sports, etc. Pandemic to blame? Or they are doing it because they can get away with it?

Fbh

It looks great but I don't pay for Switch online and this doesn't hype me up enough to pay $80 for it ($60 + online subscription).

recursive

I have it pre-ordered. Surprise present for my son who suffered an acl and meniscus tear at the end of his club season.

Nydius

It might not be made by Camelot but they are repeating all the same issues of the previous two Camelot games (Tennis Aces and Golf Super Rush):

• Obsessive focus on multiplayer.
  • Barebones solo and local coop.
  • Purposely holding back characters, locations, and items to add them later as "free DLC".

I was excited that it wasn't made by Camelot until I read that it's going to be completely online multiplayer focused just like all the other Mario sports titles since the Switch launched. No thanks. The only multiplayer focused game I care about playing on the Switch is Splatoon.

Astral Dog

What's up with Nintendo releasing games recently that lack content? Mario party, Mario golf, switch sports, etc. Pandemic to blame? Or they are doing it because they can get away with it?
Its always been like this with their Sports games(or at least has been for many years) i just ignore them, most likely because they are rushed to fill space in the calendar

e0n

Yeah, it looks low in content even if it has good core gameplay and animations. The gear also looks really tame.

Last edited:
Top Bottom