• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Party Superstars Removes Penguin Buttholes From Original Mini-Game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

One of the minigames in Mario Party Superstars is the Bobsled Run based on the Mario 64 minigame in which players race a penguin down an ice slide. In Mario Party 2, players jumped inside an actual penguin-shaped sled to race, which had some interesting anatomical accuracies. Many players likely noticed that the rear end of the penguin sled contained a distinctive "X" on its rear end, which of course represents the end of the digestive system. It's a weird little detail that surprisingly made it past prudish US censors when Mario Party 2 was first released in 2000 in the US, but sadly did not make the cut in Mario Party Superstars. As you can see below, the bobsleds in Mario Party Superstars are bland, non-penguin-shaped bobsleds that entirely lack any sort of anatomical surprises. It appears that NDCube decided not to make players stare at the rear end of a penguin for several minutes, opting instead for something a bit more tame.

ManaByte

Looking forward to the DX version of Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars when they change the naked dudes who shit out boulders:
loststarsarcade-5.png

Last edited:
I mean, I suppose in theory a remake can do what it wants, but why not just make new penguin boards that don't have their buttholes facing the camera all the time? Certainly better than yet another mushroom-based design.

Shaqazooloo

They removed the whole penguin, but people are fixated on the butthole.
I mean, I suppose in theory a remake can do what it wants, but why not just make new penguin boards that don't have their buttholes facing the camera all the time? Certainly better than yet another mushroom-based design.
The Bobsled run in Mario Party Superstars is based off of MP1s which had generic Bobsleds, MP2s version was the one with penguin design.

I can't believe Nintendo would do this. It just makes it harder for parents to explain that animals have butt holes and nut sacks too. Now when I go to the zoo with my family, I have to do the awkward talk about monkey nuts to my child.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Shame. It's quite a harmless funny detail. Then again, perhaps it was challenging to translate an anus in the new design

Last edited:

mnkl13

From what i am seeing, they removed the whole penguin. how could they remove the penguin but not the penguin butthole?

Deerock71

Maybe they didn't want HD penguin buttholes.

Codes 208

They got rid of those in mp3 going forward iirc

edit: OH GOD DAMMIT, it would PBG that noticed lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom