• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe review thread

Robin64

Waiting on Amazon Japan to verify. How long does that take?

Times have been from as low as an hour to over four.

The worst part is if you wait a long time then it gets denied.

"Please do not leave this page, this takes usually less than a minute"

10 minutes later

You can safely leave that page and just keep an eye on it in orders. It will currently say "Pending Verification". Now the wait begins.

Shahadan

You can safely leave that page and just keep an eye on it in orders. It will currently say "Pending Verification". Now the wait begins.

Yeah I know I'm used to that with amzon.com :p
Sigh, I have three amazon accounts on three continents now. Have I become a symbol of globalization?

I'll probably get it not that much sooner than EU but dat 13€ saving though.

Firebrand

You either create a new JP Switch account or change the region on your regular account, redeem the code and then change the region back to your original one.

Cool, good to know for future purchases. I'll probably end up with both JP and US accounts but it's nice if you can put them on one.

Robin64

"Pending verification" for me now. Thanks guys!

What does it verify? Why would it get denied?

It seems to be really obscure about what it's doing, but piecing together info from various Amazon forum posts, I think what's happening is there's no automated system for foreign credit/debit cards. People have called up their bank during "Pending Verification" stages and been told that Amazon have not even been in touch with them. It's likely that someone has to manually put the payment info through, at which point it can succeed or fail.

Lylo

Times have been from as low as an hour to over four.

The worst part is if you wait a long time then it gets denied.

Wow, the download code from amazon.co.jp costs around US$ 52, i'm gonna buy from them NOW!

PizzaFace

Banned
It seems to be really obscure about what it's doing, but piecing together info from various Amazon forum posts, I think what's happening is there's no automated system for foreign credit/debit cards. People have called up their bank during "Pending Verification" stages and been told that Amazon have not even been in touch with them. It's likely that someone has to manually put the payment info through, at which point it can succeed or fail.

Got it. Thanks for your help! Feel free to drop me a PM with your FC!

Robin64

Very tempted to go the Amazon.jp route, but I want those Nintendo Gold Points! Might just wait for the US digital release.

If you're changing the region of your account to Japan, then claiming the code, you will get gold My Nintendo points on it as normal.

Foshy

haven't really kept up much, any gameplay tweaks besides fire hopping being nerfed? character/car part stats still the same?

Sevenfold

I must be dense. I've created an Amazon.jp account but when I but the game, it reminds me that I haven't set my country to Japan so I can't have the code. The page it then takes me too has fields for address info and a drop down for country selection. Japan isn't one of the countries. What I'm missing?

FinalAres

I'm happy they dropped the clamshell design.

Switch (handheld mode) is more comfortable than any of the 3/DS'es were, personally.

Also sometimes following the standard is a good thing. Obviously if you can set a new standard then that's great! But dual screen was never that, and as a result it stopped a lot of potential ports coming over. So yeah I'm also glad its gone. Good riddance!

Robin64

I must be dense. I've created an Amazon.jp account but when I but the game, it reminds me that I haven't set my country to Japan so I can't have the code. The page it then takes me too has fields for address info and a drop down for country selection. Japan isn't one of the countries. What I'm missing?

Yeah, doing it from there won't work for some reason.

You need to come back out, go to account, and set a primary address in there. Within that section you get to choose Japan.

No I don't know why it doesn't appear in the first one either.

PizzaFace

Banned

I got that too. I went into my account and set up my payment which let me set a billing address. Then when back on that page you can select that billing address you just set up!

Sevenfold

Thanks both :D

Edit: Ok got to processing. Anyone doing this for the first time, set your billing address and card details in the account tab not when requested by the transaction. Crazy, VPNs and Steam are second nature to me but this is a whole new world!

jts

...hate me...
Ugh, my purchase on amazon.co.jp went to "pending verification" hell, can't even cancel. Want to use another card instead, but I don't want to risk getting charged for 2 codes, which are non-refundable.

Murphy's law please. Why me.

Syinn

Neo Member
Ugh, my purchase on amazon.co.jp went to "pending verification" hell, can't even cancel. Want to use another card instead, but I don't want to risk getting charged for 2 codes, which are non-refundable.

Murphy's law please. Why me.

Took them a hour and a half for them to get back to me and they denied me. Went on play Asia bought yen eshop credit and have it downloading now.

jts

...hate me...
Took them a hour and a half for them to get back to me and they denied me. Went on play Asia bought yen eshop credit and have it downloading now.
Wanted that cool 10% off price from Amazon. Can't have it all, I guess. Ah well, I'll wait some more until the deny it or not. Won't kill me.

Top Bottom