• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Boost Course Pass Wave 2 releases on August 4

Draugoth

Gold Member

FYwWKR4X0AYpX2x

FYwWLnyXoAQLSOM

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
I'll be paying online family premium plan so I'll probably give them a shot... Tho I have no people to play against lol

Holy milking, Batman. We will not see a Mario Kart 9 on Switch.
It was obvious by the moment MK8D released... Nintendo haven't released two MK games in a single platform, the opposite would be the first exception.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
There's really no logical reason to put it on Switch. I think they would have if 8 ever stopped selling, but it never stops. Launch the next one with 9 in the first year.
There is one. MK8 is a WiiU MK. There is no Switch only MK.
I'll be paying online family premium plan so I'll probably give them a shot... Tho I have no people to play against lol

It was obvious by the moment MK8D released... Nintendo haven't released two MK games in a single platform, the opposite would be the first exception.
And never skipped a gen without one MK exclusive. Switch would be the first.

Kataploom

Gold Member

I don't think Wii U counts for them... It didn't even have an exclusive Zelda game, I don't think they even care about what a Wii U was unless for avoid those mistakes in the future.

BTW, the fact these waves end on Dec. 2023 is a clear insight for many that it's when Nintendo is releasing MK9 on a new console. My only "fear" is that they start making new MK art style looking like these tracks and not following the same MK8 art direction and are using the pack as a field test to check consumers reception...

Lognor

Banned
This is truly a cash cow for Nintendo. They are making bank on these new tracks. I have no clue how Nintendo will follow up with MK9 when this will be the definitive MK game. There is so much content in MK8 that going back to a handful of tracks with MK9 will be a tough sell. Same thing with the next Smash Bros. These games almost have too much content!

jaysius

Banned
The last wave was pretty bad, the F2P maps are really uninspired.

This video really shows how poorly the game has aged, it looks really bad in this video.

I still can't believe Nintendo is really metting out all these bad maps over this long period of time and people are happy to pay for it.

I'm glad I'm in a "family" Nintendo Online Expansion that I pay very little for due to how many people are in it, otherwise this content is a rip off.

We're stuck with Mario Kart 8 deluxe until Nintendo makes a new machine, it's pathetic that you can't make your own "custom" cups with the tracks in it that you want in 2022, they of course can't do that because who knows what they're reasoning is.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

And honestly there's no need, it would have been more of the same and looked very similar

This may be an unpopular opinion but i think its best to just release DLC for Mario Kart 8 and reveal 9 for Switch 2 when it can have a bigger impact and sell those systems.

Astral Dog

I don't think Wii U counts for them... It didn't even have an exclusive Zelda game, I don't think they even care about what a Wii U was unless for avoid those mistakes in the future.

BTW, the fact these waves end on Dec. 2023 is a clear insight for many that it's when Nintendo is releasing MK9 on a new console. My only "fear" is that they start making new MK art style looking like these tracks and not following the same MK8 art direction and are using the pack as a field test to check consumers reception...
Wii U Zelda is BOTW though, that's why they are making a brand new one for Switch

Reactions: Isa

Kataploom

Gold Member
This is truly a cash cow for Nintendo. They are making bank on these new tracks. I have no clue how Nintendo will follow up with MK9 when this will be the definitive MK game. There is so much content in MK8 that going back to a handful of tracks with MK9 will be a tough sell. Same thing with the next Smash Bros. These games almost have too much content!
For Smash they don't have to do much, actually... Improve online, make new online modes (I'm with mofos setting ultis, items, etc. on Quick matches, we need For Glory back!) and some rebalances to DLC characters. I'll buy it at $60 if they want me to.

Ezquimacore

Banned

The difference this time is Mario kart 8 is not just a game, right now it's a platform with almost 50 million copies out there. Obviously they will make more money with the dlc and release MK 9 with the next console.

Last edited:

Sojiro

Tracks look good! I love kalimari desert so happy to see that! As will be the case with all the Your tracks they will all be new tracks for me, and both New York and Sydney look like fun tracks. Sky high sundae is a new track right? If so, looks like new tracks can show up in these waves.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Wii U Zelda is BOTW though, that's why they are making a brand new one for Switch
It came at the same time on Switch, therefore, it's not exclusive to Wii U anymore, it's as exclusive to it as it's TP to GameCube but GameCube had WW and Wii had SS.

Wii U to Nintendo may probably mean a transition to HD period and nothing else.

The fact that they release MK8D and that they're extending its life with this DLC proves it IMO

rkofan87

Gold Member
Tracks look good! I love kalimari desert so happy to see that! As will be the case with all the Your tracks they will all be new tracks for me, and both New York and Sydney look like fun tracks. Sky high sundae is a new track right? If so, looks like new tracks can show up in these waves.
it is its going into mk tour but its on mk8 first.

Gambit2483

First thing I'm gonna do on Kalimari Desert is go thru the Train Tunnel 😅

93xfan

Banned
Was hoping it wouldn’t be 3 TOUR tracks each wave. Oh well.

also, where are the GCN tracks?

Last edited:
Holy milking, Batman. We will not see a Mario Kart 9 on Switch.
I knew we wouldn't, I knew the new one would be on switch 2 since deluxe came out.

To be fair 8 on Wii u was unusually high quality for the series so I'm not surprised they ported it to switch. I don't think they could have made the graphics better either.

93xfan

Banned
These courses turned it around for me. Really enjoyed them. I’m optimistic. Also love the fix to coconut mall (now the cars move).

Danknugz

really need to catch up on my mario kart, last one i played was mario kart 64 (chico canyon was prolly my favorite track)

Top Bottom