• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Course Pass |OT| Wave 1, 18th March

cormack12

Gold Member

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Release Date​

The first wave of circuits will arrive on March 18th, 2022. Subsequent waves will take place all the way up until the end of 2023.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Price

The DLC will cost $24.99 USD / $32.99 CAN / £22.49 but comes at no additional cost if you own a paid Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership. This is a one-off cost, too; once you've paid the cash, you'll get access to every wave of tracks as they're released.

Wave One (Golden Dash Cup & Lucky Cat Cup) - March 18th, 2022​

mario-kart-8-deluxe-booster-course-pass.900x.jpg

Golden Dash Cup
• Paris Promenade (Mario Kart Tour)
• Toad Circuit (Mario Kart 7)
• Choco Mountain (Mario Kart 64)
• Coconut Hall (Mario Kart Wii)

Lucky Cat Cup
• Tokyo Blur (Mario Kart Tour)
• Shroom Ridge (Mario Kart DS)
• Sky Garden (Mario Kart: Super Circuit)
• Ninja Hideaway (Mario Kart Tour)

Kokoro2020

Just two more days now (as its past midnight here). I can't wait! I look forward to the Mario Kart Tour tracks the most. These will be like new tracks to me.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
These tracks and Tunic will act as a reeeeal nice palate cleanser after 75 hours of Elden Ring.

jaysius

Banned
Seems Nintendo have polished the graphics up;

Fuck these guys are hardcore Nintendo Simps, they're comparing one tiny shitty screenshot to say that "GRAPHICS HAVE UPGRADED". Fuck those guys.

More tracks was a no brainer since Nintendo is sitting on Mario Kart 9, I'm looking forward to something new in the game after all these years. It came out in 2014, including the DLC packs... sweet fuck I didn't realize it was that long.

Fuck these guys are hardcore Nintendo Simps, they're comparing one tiny shitty screenshot to say that "GRAPHICS HAVE UPGRADED". Fuck those guys.

More tracks was a no brainer since Nintendo is sitting on Mario Kart 9, I'm looking forward to something new in the game after all these years. It came out in 2014, including the DLC packs... sweet fuck I didn't realize it was that long.
They are a Nintendo channel so what do you expect and the graphics have been improved, they ain't lying.

jaysius

Banned
They should have added the ability to MAKE YOUR OWN CUP for couch co-op, it's fucking 2022, and we have to suffer through shitty courses because Nintendo won't give us a few more options.

Hell I'd buy that option for $5.

Smasher89

They should have added the ability to MAKE YOUR OWN CUP for couch co-op, it's fucking 2022, and we have to suffer through shitty courses because Nintendo won't give us a few more options.

Hell I'd buy that option for $5.
Would like to just have the all tour cup back, sooo many tracks it would be racing for hours, but did that in double dash so could see myself doing that with friends as well, makes a good start and stopping point instead of the wifistuff with just join in and out, and voting system.

jigglet

Banned
God I wish I still enjoyed MK. The amount of content this game has and is getting is godly

Last edited:

Mozza

well, Wii tracks are made for shitty motion controls and are WIIIIIIDE as fuck due to that being a super imprecise way to control a car. so also not great I would say
They all play fine to be honest, never thought any of the tracks were overly wide.

I have the expansion pass purchased on a family account but I can’t seem to access the new cups and tracks anyone know what’s up ?

93xfan

Banned
Not really feeling most of the tracks. Coconut Mall is my favorite followed by Sky Garden.
Sadly I feel the same. Those two are great, but most I really don't enjoy. I was shocked also at just how much the visual difference bothered me. Maybe it's the combination of a lack of anti-aliasing, but this look really disappointing.

Feel Nintendo is really getting lazy.

chaseroni

Damn these tracks are just so mixed bag..
I like the last one a lot, seems to be new?
Hopefully we get more like that with the next waves, but yeah this just makes me want a proper Mario Kart successor

Sojiro

I guess I am an outlier here and mostly enjoy the DLC tracks. The only one I don't really care for is Paris Promenade, which isnt bad, but is mostly dull as shit. The rest are good to great though, which are all ones I have played on their original releases outside of the tour tracks. I did notice they changed Coconut Mall so there isn't cars moving in and out of the parking stalls like the Wii version, and I am not a fan of that.

Choco Mountain, Shroom Ridge, Sky Garden and Ninja Hideaway are my favorites of this release. Ninja Hideaway in particular is really good and has been an absolute bitch for me to 3 star that cup on 200cc. Speaking of Ninja Hideaway, up until reading this thread I didn't realize it was a tour track, as it isn't labeled that way on the menu, so I thought it was new track lol. Though since I haven't played MK Tour at all they are basically new to me. Overall, I am very happy with the first wave.

93xfan

Banned
Okay, I have to say I’m warming up to these tracks.

Just hoping the maple Treeway looks better than Tour’s downgraded version

Man they polished the hell out of their previous retro tracks, these ones are more just minor touch-ups. Visually and adding upside down gravity stuff or whatever. Some of these are still pretty good though

Last edited:

Mozza

Yikes, the quality of tracks has gone abysmally low. This track pack can’t even hold a candle to either DLC packs that were out on WiiU. Are all the A team track makers working on Mario Kart 9 or some other project?

Hopefully the next wave is better than this batch.
Not so sure, the Paris track is one of the best looking on the whole game, and looks a lot better than the tour version.

gamer82

for £16 I paid for the 48 tracks you cant really complaint its basically a full game for les than the current version I'm holding off playing though till more waves come out.

jigglet

Banned
How can you not enjoy MK though? And especially MK8D?!

Cause they removed snaking. I get why it was removed cause it makes online annoying. So I’m not complaining. But I enjoyed the mechanic, the ability to use it to subtly course correct when you are too far on the edge of a turn. It was a moderately advanced skill ceiling I really enjoyed. I get bored of it now. I buy it every time but lose interest quickly.

Last edited:

Killer8

I think the tracks generally look fine considering some of them are being sourced from the N64, GBA and DS. What they need more of is little details - like for example the new mall track has empty stores and a barebones parking lot. Seems like a missed opportunity for the art team to flex their creativity.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
This game has sooo much content. I would like to see it just continued on the switch 2 as a continuation. They can up the graphics as long they keep building on the already massive content.

I really don’t see it happening though.

John Bilbo

This game has sooo much content. I would like to see it just continued on the switch 2 as a continuation. They can up the graphics as long they keep building on the already massive content.

I really don’t see it happening though.
Especially if they introduce a new gimmick like the "zero gravity" is in Mario Kart 8.

Top Bottom