• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf retains No.1 and Zelda: Breath of the Wild returns to Top Ten | UK Boxed Charts week ending July 3, 2021

jeffyjaixx

Mario Golf: Super Rush is No.1 for a second consecutive week in the GfK UK boxed charts.

The Nintendo Switch game retains its position despite a 52% drop in sales week-on-week.

It was a quiet week for physical retail game sales in the UK. FIFA 21 retains second place despite an 11% sales drop, Mario Kart 8: Deluxe actually rises a place to No.3 despite a 19% sales dip, while Animal Crossing: New Horizons is also up a place to No.4 after a 22% sales slide.

Recent PS5 hit Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart has slipped to No.6 after a 54% drop in sales week-on-week.

Only two games in the Top Ten increased in sales week-on-week. Grand Theft Auto 5 at No.7 (sales up 20%) and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at No.10 (sales up 31%). It's the third consecutive week of growth for the 2017 Zelda game and the second big jump in sales. It follows the new trailer for its eagerly-awaited sequel at E3 2021.

Also new last week was Scarlet Nexus from Bandai Namco, which falls from No.8 to No.27 after a 62% sales drop.

There is one new game in the charts this week: Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance at No.23. The game sold primarily on PlayStation consoles (54% on PS5 and 42% on PS4). The game is part of the Game Pass subscription service on Xbox, and that data is not counted here.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
There is no way that GamePass doesnt start easting into new release games. There is just too many good games on the service, more and more subscribers who will digest what they have available.

As a gamepass user, why would I think to buy a smaller AA game day one when theres a high chance it will come to Game Pass further down the line.

Top 40

01 (01) MARIO GOLF: SUPER RUSH (NINTENDO)
02 (02) FIFA 21 (EA SPORTS)
03 (04) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
04 (05) ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS (NINTENDO)
05 (07) MINECRAFT (NINTENDO)
06 (03) RATCHET & CLANK: RIFT APART (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
07 (13) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR)
08 (10) SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD + BOWSER'S FURY (NINTENDO)
09 (15) RESIDENT EVIL VILLAGE (CAPCOM)
10 (25) THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
11 (14) MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN: MILES MORALES (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
12 (09) RING FIT ADVENTURE (NINTENDO)
13 (11) OLYMPIC GAMES TOKYO 2020 THE OFFICIAL VIDEO GAME (SEGA)
14 (20) NEW POKEMON SNAP (NINTENDO)
15 (18) MIITOPIA (NINTENDO)
16 (24) POKEMON SWORD (NINTENDO)
17 (06) ASSASSIN'S CREED VALHALLA (UBISOFT)
18 (23) CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS COLD WAR (ACTIVISION)
19 (12) JUST DANCE 2021 (UBISOFT)
20 (21) MINECRAFT DUNGEONS (MOJANG)
21 (33) SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (NINTENDO)
22 (31) RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 (ROCKSTAR)
23 (NE) DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: DARK ALLIANCE (WIZARDS OF THE COAST)
24 (27) LUIGI'S MANSION 3 (NINTENDO)
25 (28) NBA 2K21 (2K)
26 (16) LEGO HARRY POTTER COLLECTION (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
27 (08) SCARLET NEXUS (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
28 (29) TONY HAWK'S PRO SKATER 1 + 2 (ACTIVISION)
29 (37) NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. U DELUXE (NINTENDO)
30 (38) SUPER MARIO PARTY (NINTENDO)
31 (36) SNIPER: GHOST WARRIOR CONTRACTS 2 (CI GAMES)
32 (RE) POKEMON SHIELD (NINTENDO)
33 (39) SUPER MARIO 3D ALL-STARS (NINTENDO)
34 (30) LEGO JURASSIC WORLD (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
35 (RE) SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE (NINTENDO)
36 (34) PGA TOUR 2K21 (2K)
37 (RE) MASS EFFECT: LEGENDARY EDITION (EA GAMES)
38 (RE) MARIO & SONIC AT THE OLYMPIC GAMES TOKYO 2020 (NINTENDO)
39 (RE) MINECRAFT: BEDROCK EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
40 (19) WATCH DOGS: LEGION (UBISOFT)

Corgi1985

Banned
Just to show the switch is just a mainstream console and people don’t read shit about reviews or care about them

sad thing when a shit device or a game sell so much .

cant tell whom is worse, Nintendo or apple fanboys
Nintendo fanboys will straight lie to you and say pokemon sword has no faults. At least the apple shit is usually well made. Why the fuck are the shitcons $80? Worst controllers of all time.

There is no way that GamePass doesnt start easting into new release games. There is just too many good games on the service, more and more subscribers who will digest what they have available.

As a gamepass user, why would I think to buy a smaller AA game day one when theres a high chance it will come to Game Pass further down the line.
Scarlet Nexus is an obvious recent example.

GymWolf

And people still ask why i don't give a fuck about how much a game sold during an argument about quality...

Last edited:
Absolutely. I guess all that really matters is if the devs and publishers see a similar or better return than they would vs day one sales on the xbox platform when it does release on gamepass.
I'm guessing just about any check they would have gotten from MS to put it on GamePass would have been better than how it actually sold.

I just fear third-party publishers might start choosing between going day one to GamePass or skipping Xbox entirely.

Mr Moose

I'm guessing just about any check they would have gotten from MS to put it on GamePass would have been better than how it actually sold.

I just fear third-party publishers might start choosing between going day one to GamePass or skipping Xbox entirely.
Yup, I seen a thread posted on Twitter from the other forum and I was surprised how many have not/would not buy games because of GamePass.
I get the value aspect of it, but not buying any games at all? I guess I am old, I like to own my games.

This is why we won't see a GTA6 for many years to come.
I wish they would hurry their asses up, I don't like GTA Online :messenger_crying:

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
Breath of the Wild running train on all the other bitches like usual. Get out the way or bend over.

skit_data

After playing a considerable amount of Returnal its a shame to see it completely out of the top 40.
It’s a shame but I rather see a smaller more loyal fanbase that ”gets it” than 8/10 people buying it go complain about its difficulty online or give it bad user scores on Metacritic.

I’m pretty convinced that it will pick up a cult following during this gen, kinda like Bloodborne. I bought Bloodborne at launch because I had played Dark Souls but it’s crazy how many people today just LOVE it and say it introduced them to From Softwares output.

Last edited:

Jaybe

yay, more physical only charts from one small market.....

I don´t get these UK-Charts threads at all.

Why are UK physical sales of interest?
What we need to understand that good industry data has been whittled away in recent years. We used to get specific game units by platform on NPD until a few years back. This is the most readily available data that provides this SKU by platform breakdown. Yes it’s physical only, but it is some statistics basics to project sample size to population, and even if digital is now 30 to 50% of sales that’s a large amount to project that it remains valid for the whole.

Top Bottom