• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marauder Game Open Access Trailer

CamHostage

Reminded me a bit at first of the Mace Griffin game, although the space flight stuff does not seem to be purposeful levels so much as it is traversal connections to encounters (though the idea of it being drop pods and big frigates instead of fighter ships is kind of interesting, as it seems to force you to use strategy rather than combat when moving through space.) Good luck on it.

yurinka

I remember that back in the 8 bit computers age there was another game with this name:

Marauder__(Release_DISK)__ENGLISH.jpg

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Step into the dieselpunk setting of Marauders for some solo or up to four-player PvE or PvP space-pirate looter-shooter action, using your earned-in-game XP to purchase persistent gear – along with upgradeable ships for the dogfighting side of gameplay. Marauders will enter PC Early Access later this year.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We played a bunch of the first closed alpha test for Marauders, the upcoming first-person looter-shooter that combines survival mechanics with raid-style gameplay and spaceship dogfighting. Note that the rough framerate you see is because the game is still in an early alpha state. Previewed on PC by Jarrett Green.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Marauders is headed to Steam Early Access on October 3, 2022. Watch the latest trailer for this multiplayer looter shooter.

Marauders is set in an alternative 1990s where The Great War never ended, Earth has been industrialized to breaking point, and many have fled to the stars.

Don't buy it if you are a solo player. I fell into the hype, watching streamers have a good time, now I just get shot as soon as I try to exit the airlock. Can't even refund it because I bought it from GMG.

chixdiggit

Going to give this a try this weekend. A more streamlined Tarkov sounds great.

Don't buy it if you are a solo player. I fell into the hype, watching streamers have a good time, now I just get shot as soon as I try to exit the airlock. Can't even refund it because I bought it from GMG.

That's pretty standard with these types of games. They become manageable solo after learning them well and that is obviously easier with a friend.

Kupfer

I just played a few rounds solo.

It's difficult and progress is slow. Especially when you run into a group, you don't stand a chance. I had to be content with killing a few NPCs first and then running off as soon as I hear or see other players. By chance I captured an interceptor frigate and it's mine now, which is pretty cool. Tonight we'll go into the game with three of us, let's see how it turns out then.
In any case, it seems quite promising and entertaining. So far I couldn't find any microtransactions, although the framework for them exists. There are 3 currencies, but you have to earn them.
Money, for completed orders and sales, with which you can then buy items, weapons and cosmetics.
Level points for levelups, which you can use to buy crafting recipes.
Once you have worked your way up to the maximum level, you can reset yourself and your progress and get a prestige point. To expand the warehouse, for example, it costs 1,2,3 and 4 prestige points, depending on the size.

So far it's pretty manageable in terms of content, I can imagine it's fun for a few days, let's see when it wears out. And even though I've played a lot of Dayz and other BR shooters, I get nervous every time I hear footsteps next door.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Marauders' upcoming United Allies update brings new ships, new cosmetics, and equipment to loot to the multiplayer shooter. Watch the action-packed trailer for a peek at the United Allies update, available on April 25, 2023.

Kupfer

The game was fun. I put about 80 hours into it at release. Unfortunately, they screwed it up for me when they crammed the "space hub" at the beginning of the match with several instances and accordingly many more players. The "intimate" feeling of counting ships, tracking them, and planning the further course of the game based on the facts was completely lost, because you no longer had an overview and there was complete chaos within the instances.

In the meantime, only between 500 to 1000 people play it every day, even though it was so charming and fun in the beginning due to its simplicity, through the December update and the accompanying bigger/faster/better mindset, the game has lost me and my friends.

Top Bottom