• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manor Lords has already sold over 1 million copies & hit a peak Steam concurrent player count of 170k - highest ever for a city builder

Steam popping off as usual. Stuff didn't used to be anywhere this crazy 10 years ago. It seems at some point Steam reached some critical mass of users that's let it go of the rails with game sales. Back in 2013 it was generally unheard of for a multiplatform game to sell more on Steam than 360 or PS3, these days even Capcom has switched to PC as it's main platform thanks to the sheer numbers Steam is doing now.

I don't think PS5 will ever be able to catch up in terms of users. Steam is already at around 130mil monthly active users and it only continues to grow, by the time 2028 comes along PS5 should be north of 100mil but where will Steam be then?

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Really happy for the dev, I'm buying the game right now after trying it with Gamepass. It's really good.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
What a success story for a small dev. I will likely wait for it to exit Early Access before buying, but the temptation is strong. I love city builders. Love medieval settings. It's getting rave reviews. Hard not to kick something down further into the backlog and dive in.

Holammer

tumblr_lq9dgjqZjg1qg88mco1_500.gif

Live video of Gamepass proselytizers unable to comprehend why people buy it on Steam.

Great, love to see more types of games doing well. Not sure this would be 100% my kind of game but I definitely like some things like this.

marjo

Seems like an interesting game, though every time I see it's name, I cant help think about "My lady... My Lord?" from Max Payne :)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Steam popping off as usual. Stuff didn't used to be anywhere this crazy 10 years ago. It seems at some point Steam reached some critical mass of users that's let it go of the rails with game sales. Back in 2013 it was generally unheard of for a multiplatform game to sell more on Steam than 360 or PS3, these days even Capcom has switched to PC as it's main platform thanks to the sheer numbers Steam is doing now.

I don't think PS5 will ever be able to catch up in terms of users. Steam is already at around 130mil monthly active users and it only continues to grow, by the time 2028 comes along PS5 should be north of 100mil but where will Steam be then?

Its the current age of gaming, where developer can hit 1million copies sold on Steam if their game is good.

People really wanted a decent new settlers game I guess. I played the gp version last night and it's very nice and quite polished for early access. Need to read up on the mechanics more though as my town wasn't very efficient at all.

Top Bottom