• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mandalorian Game Leak?

kyliethicc

Wonder if this the Star Wars game Massive from Ubisoft are making?

Doesn't really look like their engine tho, idk.

edit - yeah looks kinda like a Fallen Order mod.

Last edited:

yurinka

Nice fan made stuff.

No, it's too amateur to be a wip Ubisoft game.

And as concept, I think Ubisoft will prefer to have tons of customization or weapons, vehicles and techniques, more freedom for the story and planets to visit, etc. Plus they started their talks with Disney way before Mandalorian got popular.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
At this point there is more star wars content that I don't like than the stuff I do like about the franchise. Still... It looks alright and the show was ok, so I'll probably check it out.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Wow, this baby Yoda is so believable that I'm puking

220px-Star_Wars_Bounty_Hunter_PS2.JPG

yurinka

How does a fan upload a game to Stadia?
Is it really uploaded to Stadia? And why should them upload a game in pre-alpha or so to Stadia, where there are only retail games? Regarding the Stadia UI, you could capture video or image to insert it in other video.

I think it may come from this or from another mod:

The main menu and specially its baby Yoda wouldn't pass Disney's approval.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member

Doesn't really look like their engine tho, idk.
Doubt it. The video looks like something that was put together on Unreal using premade assets and materials from the Unreal store or something along those lines.

yurinka

Can you even install mods on Stadia?
I don't know, but it takes less than 5 minutes to capture that Stadia UI image and include it a video.

And a game that is that early in development would still only be running on the PCs of the devs they wouldn't have start to port and test it in platforms like Stadia or consoles.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
If you told me a game designer made this for their kids then I’d believe you. The level design looks too bland and the tools he uses are a clustered mess. I doubt a studio would spend 100 million making that. I do agree that the IP would be an awesome video game.

Great Hair

Banned
A game about a weak-ass whiney fighter, who desperately wants us to show his weak-ass moustache, face or else he will rant!!! A boring character, who for 2 years babysits a two legged green money making goblin.

The show´s premise is weak, overrated. Gimmie a remake of DMC2 instead!

Stop watching Grace Randolph.
Had to google that name.

But in retrospect, she might have been in my feed, thought i had it read on some article about him being "complicated". Maybe im wrong, but who cares the show is weak, flat and out right boring if it not were for FC6 Star Esposito.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
At this point there is more star wars content that I don't like than the stuff I do like about the franchise. Still... It looks alright and the show was ok, so I'll probably check it out.
The death of the EU in favor of hyper controlled and marketed Disney shit was a mistake. The EU made it clear that by and large fan’s understood what made Star Wars good moreso than the creator if they got a chance to work on the properties.

None of this is fan made. This is legit as hell. It's just a ways off obviously. Or maybe it could be some clever stuff, but I don't think it is.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I don't know, but it takes less than 5 minutes to capture that Stadia UI image and include it a video.

And a game that is that early in development would still only be running on the PCs of the devs they wouldn't have start to port and test it in platforms like Stadia or consoles.
Not necessarily true; as Stadia is a convenient platform for play-testing.

And it's really just Vulkan renderer + the UI hooks.

IntentionalPun

Stadia is not for remote WIP game testing, there are other apps like Parsec for that.
Stadia quite literally has services designed just for dev build/testing workflows anyone dev'ing for Stadia can use.

Considering most of a cross-platform game is just the same code-base, it's not far fetched to think developers are using Stadia especially considering how many tech companies are still work from home, much like how Parsec has really taken off.

McCheese

No build info on title screen, no trademark symbol or legal text or anything. I'm going with team-fake. I also find it hard to believe it has at least 3 levels but the leaker opts to pick a level that has barely any assets and is the same corridor re-used everywhere. If I was going to fake the game, that's the level I'd try to fake.

Last edited:

yurinka

Stadia quite literally has services designed just for dev build/testing workflows anyone dev'ing for Stadia can use. Considering most of a cross-platform game is just the same code-base, it's not far fetched to think developers are using Stadia especially considering how many tech companies are still work from home, much like how Parsec has really taken off.
I assume it's the case, but I was wondering the case of the typical non-Stadia multiplatform game where I assume everyone uses Parsec because I works well enough and (as far as I know) is free.

He still comes across as a massive cunt even when bringing good news.
Well, he is right about that. They are licensing Star Wars games to many teams, and everyone obviously wants to make their own project. They don't want to revive or fix a failed project some else started a ton of time ago. And seeing that The Mandalorian got super popular and is very videogamey, make sure that sooner or later they will release a related videogame because it's a great fit and a safe bet.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

I assume it's the case, but I was wondering the case of the typical non-Stadia multiplatform game where I assume everyone uses Parsec because I works well enough and (as far as I know) is free.
And lots do use Parsec for sure. Particularly for actual dev boxes. I'm sure the few companies using Stadia might be doing a mix, as I imagine a dev who left their massive desktop at work probably will use Parsec for that, but for things like playtesters Stadia is a good option to deploy to.. a lot more secure than letting testers download builds. And not like every dev would have a great connection to wherever you host Parsec too.. Parsec is free software, but you still need machines to run Parsec.

Supposedly Bungie moved completely to it pre-pandemic, and it was alluded to that Ubisoft did too... they were a major early adopter of Vulkan.. and Stadia.

edit: To be clear this could be fan made garbage and the Stadia UI was thrown in to throw people off lol, but a dev using Stadia to share builds w/ testers / other devs is not far fetched.. especially considering Ubisoft.

Last edited:

yurinka

And lots do use Parsec for sure. Particularly for actual dev boxes.
Well, I know that at least a couple of AAA companies and several indies use it, but obviously can't ask about everyone.

I also know people who published on Stadia, but never asked about that. I thought they just gave Google a PC build of their game, and they added on top the system stuff. I assumed Stadia API and testing would have been for when using Stadia specific features like that (upcoming?) ones they were making to interact with YouTube.

I'm sure the few companies using Stadia might be doing a mix, as I imagine a dev who left their massive desktop at work probably will use Parsec for that, but for things like playtesters Stadia is a good option to deploy to.. a lot more secure than letting testers download builds.
Yes, the ones who use Parsec do it for that, specially testing. Fun fact: the original The Division reveal trailer/demo was captured from one of these massive desktop PCs that devs use and obviously was playable there. They had 64GB of RAM. In 2013.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

I have not kept up with this thread! I just watched the video. From what I have seen it could be faked easily.
If it is real expect an announcement soon?
It's quite possibly is just early in development.

A partnership with Ubisoft, who has the deepest relationship with Stadia of any pub, and reportedly uses them as part of their dev pipeline, was announced this year.. but no titles announced, likely due to how early it is.

A Mandalorian game being built by them is sort of a no brainer though; Ubisoft even helps with the visual effects of the show:

IntentionalPun

FWIW the guy is easily findable on Stadia.. if this was a leak, that would be really.. retarded.

Conclusion: fake.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
The Mandalorian was a shitty show, yea it's a minority opinion, but GOD DAMN he was a shitty bounty hunter, like one of the dumbest, bad tactics, almost no skills to survive, most times the gimmick yoda had to save his ass because he didn't know how to use his own gear.

Top Bottom