• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man walked over 300 miles to have sex with 14-year-old girl, prosecutors say

Bullet Club

Man walked over 300 miles to have sex with 14-year-old girl, prosecutors say

PQuRwEz.jpg

WINNEBAGO COUNTY, Wis. -- A man walked from an Indianapolis suburb to Wisconsin -- a 351-mile journey -- to have sex with a person he believed was the 14-year-old girl he had been talking to on Facebook, prosecutors said.

Instead, 32-year-old Tommy Lee Jenkins had been talking to a Winnebago County Sheriff's deputy working with the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, a statement from the US Attorney's Office in the Eastern District of Wisconsin said.

He is charged with using a computer to attempt to persuade, induce or entice a minor to engage in unlawful sexual activity, the office said, and faces 10 years to life in prison if convicted.

CNN has reached out to Jenkins' attorney, a federal defender, and has not received a response.

"Our nation faces an epidemic of child sexual abuse, with the Internet making it too easy for predators to communicate with children across the country," United States Attorney Matthew D. Krueger said in a statement. "The Justice Department is committed to working with federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies to prosecute child sexual abuse aggressively."

The law enforcement officer was posing as a girl named "Kylee" who lived in Neenah, Wisconsin, with her mother, the attorney's office said.

Jenkins accepted a friend request from Kylee's profile and soon began engaging in sexual conversations with her, asking her if she's had sex and requesting explicit pictures, a criminal complaint alleges.

In early October, Jenkins began asking the girl if she wanted him to come to Wisconsin. When she said yes, he later told her he had begun walking from Whitestown, Indiana, to where she was.

"I will tell you when i get to neenah 108 hours by walking," he said, according to the complaint.

Throughout his journey, Jenkins sent pictures of areas he passed, including photos of exit signs and selfies, the complaint said.
On October 10, he said he had made it to the state and that someone had bought him a bus ticket to get to the girl's town.

Authorities arrested Jenkins when he arrived, the attorney's office said.

Jenkins is scheduled to appear in federal court on October 23.

Source: ABC15

nkarafo

That's nothing. Plenty of pedophiles travel to other countries with different/more relaxed laws or places like Thailand for such reason.

Edit: I just saw the "walking" bit lol

Last edited:

Panda1

Banned
It is unacceptable to purposefully misinterpret a point so you can label someone a pedophile.
Would have been my first response as well, until I read that part: "Jenkins accepted a friend request from Kylee's profile...". Seems pretty questionable if initiative also came from the "girl".

fuck me we now have pedo supporting cunts on this forum!

Tremmy

Neo Member
I wonder what kind of charges he will be facing. Talking from a law perspective the only thing he really did was send obscene messages to a supposed minor. If its anything like Catch A Predator he will probably get a slap on the wrist sadly. Charging him with enticing a minor over a computer when their was no minor to begin with already sounds like a case dead in the water.

Lucumo

fuck me we now have pedo supporting cunts on this forum!
I would have replied that we have now people that lack reading comprehension in this forum but well, this is nothing new. In addition, you don't even know the definition of "pedo", so clearly you are some kinda moron.

Considering the charges, the method from them seems questionable, at least from the one bit they have told us. Would be interesting to see the whole conversation.

300 divided by 14 = 21.42 Years, at the very least.

Did he use the "Pedo"meter?

He probably watched that Simpsons Episode where Sideshow Bob tries to kill Bart across 5 states as no system could ever put him to jail or something.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
He is just a MAP, Minor Attracted Person. Why is everyone so phobic? Can't we just accept that he identifies as gender no 78?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No way.

Isn't the world a totally equal place where stereotypes don't exist?

I would have never guessed a pedo would like a shabby asshole.

I was thinking (rolling a set of random dice), the pedo would be a clean cut guy who looks like a banker and drives a Jaguar.

/S

ymoc

First thing i said after reading this was this dude can't be sane. He gotta have some serious mental issues and I'm not talking about the pedo thing.
WALKING 300 miles? In USA?

Do we have any update on his mental condition?
Cause if he's just a mental patient then trumping this up as some big win against pedophilia feels really underwhelming.

Blade2.0

No way.

Isn't the world a totally equal place where stereotypes don't exist?

I would have never guessed a pedo would like a shabby asshole.

I was thinking (rolling a set of random dice), the pedo would be a clean cut guy who looks like a banker and drives a Jaguar.

/S
I mean, those exist too. Have we already forgotten Epstein, Trump, and Clinton banging underage prostitutes...
"allegedly" but c'mon, we all know they did it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
First thing i said after reading this was this dude can't be sane. He gotta have some serious mental issues and I'm not talking about the pedo thing.
WALKING 300 miles? In USA?

Do we have any update on his mental condition?
Cause if he's just a mental patient then trumping this up as some big win against pedophilia feels really underwhelming.
300 miles is about 480 km. That's like walking from Toronto to Montreal. A ballpark 5 hr drive in good traffic, or about 100 hrs of walking.

So if this numbnut walks 10 hrs per day (50 km), he trekked 10 days?

I find this hard to believe even a perv would go through this hassle. If you're that horny, do a one-way bus ticket for $100.

On October 10, he said he had made it to the state and that someone had bought him a bus ticket to get to the girl's town.
Who the fuck would buy him a ticket? Other pervs?

John Day

Would have been my first response as well, until I read that part: "Jenkins accepted a friend request from Kylee's profile...". Seems pretty questionable if initiative also came from the "girl".
Lawyer could go for entrapment, can he?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Lawyer could go for entrapment, can he?
I hope he doesn't get off on an entrapment. Among the dumbest laws IMO.

I find this case to be hard to pull off an entrapment case as it involves a grown adult who should know better when it comes to sex with a 14 year old.

John Day

I find this case to be hard to pull off an entrapment case as it involves a grown adult who should know better when it comes to sex with a 14 year old.

I agree with you fully, cause it’s obvious and apparent his intent.

Entrapment laws are finnicky, i don’t think totally useless, but they should be more specific.

Pallas

Gold Member

I also considered if his lawyer would use entrapment but the guy wasn’t forced or manipulated into doing this, he could of easily not engaged and not travel. But then again we don’t know the exact tactics used by the agents who did this operation and as someone in the thread already mentioned, I wonder if he’s mentally sound. I find it hard to believe if he walked 300 miles, he’s mentally healthy.

Top Bottom