• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man caught cannibalizing his grandmother, police say

Bullet Club

Richmond man caught cannibalizing his grandmother, police say

Police say they are still unsure of the motive

RICHMOND — A city resident was arrested Monday afternoon on suspicion of murdering and cannibalizing his own grandmother, in an incident that horrified investigators.

The suspect, identified as Dwayne Wallick, 37, was arrested a little after 2 p.m. Monday after Richmond officers allegedly caught him in the act of eating his 90-year-old grandmother, Ruby Wallick. Police are unsure of a motive, and continued to investigate.

On Monday afternoon, authorities responded to a 911 call reporting a man standing over a bloody woman’s body on the 1200 block of Club Court in Richmond, a quiet residential area near the Hilltop Plaza. When they entered the home, they allegedly found Dwayne Wallick standing over his grandmother and cannibalizing her.

Officers ordered Wallick to stop, but he ignored them and continued what he was doing, police said. They used a stun gun on him; after a struggle, he was handcuffed and arrested.

Wallick remains in a hospital, where he is being treated for unspecified physical injuries, police said. Investigators are looking into whether drug use played a role in the crime.

Ruby Wallick was pronounced dead Monday, but her exact cause of death has not been released. Police are expected to turn the case over to the District Attorney and ask for murder charges to be filed against Dwayne Wallick.

Both Dwayne and Ruby lived at the Club Court residence, according to police.

Source: Mercury News

Tesseract

Banned
giphy.gif

Lrnex

Something has infected the air and caused the whole world to go mad. That’s my current working explanation for recent events

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Cannibalizing? Why doesn't he just say dinner time? Its about ethics in Zombie journalism you BIGOT

Doom85

hannibal-hungry.gif

(in all seriousness, that's terrible. Glad they at least caught him before he could kill anyone else, assuming this was his only victim)

Something has infected the air and caused the whole world to go mad. That’s my current working explanation for recent events

Nah, the media just seek, report and have bias/preference to project this shit. Riots like these have always occurred around the world. Crazy fucks have always killed people in weird ways etc. Given the increase in population every decade we're likely seeing way less of such events but they receive far more spotlight and awareness these days.

Honestly you can't think compared to say the wild west days that we're in a worse situation now? Or slavery etc? Objectively things are getting better, slowly and far from fucking perfect though. Don't buy into the media focus.

Lrnex

Nah, the media just seek, report and have bias/preference to project this shit. Riots like these have always occurred around the world. Crazy fucks have always killed people in weird ways etc. Given the increase in population every decade we're likely seeing way less of such events but they receive far more spotlight and awareness these days.

Honestly you can't think compared to say the wild west days that we're in a worse situation now? Or slavery etc? Objectively things are getting better, slowly and far from fucking perfect though. Don't buy into the media focus.
Oh I agree with you brother. Just tired and exasperated from all the coverage and mayhem from the past week. Need to unplug from it but it’s hard when most of my social circle is on about it constantly.

GAMETA

Banned
Covid made me rethink the actual consequences of the apocalypse but I think I'd still be down for zombies...

SpartanN92

Banned
Was he a POC? Because if so that’s Police Brutality and I say we all go loot an Outback Steak House! Who’s with me?

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Did she support the rioters?

If so, I hope he seasoned that to perfection, and had a great meal.

(random anger venting)

Top Bottom