• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT12| Hour of Devastation - Hour of Jace getting dunked on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Scion just pitching and abusing Bladewing and Teneb is pretty standard tech, along with things like poison instant face burn.

I much prefer big daddy Ur-Dragon's "I just put 30 CMC of bullshit into play" way of doing things. It's a very slightly more honest (and thus much less likely to win, admittedly) approach.

I don't like using Teneb as it's a bit mana intensive and you can't res something scion is copying.

Ur Dragon does sound more thematic to a dragon deck as scion ends up distorting the deck around abusing him

I'll go with this, then:

Magic: the Gathering |OT13| Ixalan - Port to Sideboard (warning: feathered dinosaurs)

Unless you guys want to leave off the warning.

Plenty of things? For one thing it means you can kill it with a variety of spells you would normally cast on your own creatures (example: Blossoming Defense) to get it, and almost certainly Jace, off the board. It also means things like Last Hope or even Dovin Baan +1 can kill it outright and prevent it from blocking, you can ping it a single time with a Walking Balista (and thus probably not have to lose the Balista in the process), you can target it with Harness Lightning and cash in all of the Energy rather than spending 2, etc.

This may have been covered since it was posted, but Jace's illusion token only cares about spells, not abilities, so no matter what, someone will have to spend a card to get rid of the illusion

Santiako

I really don't see the point to the warning, but since it's you who puts in the work to make these threads it's obviously up to you.

Yeef

This may have been covered since it was posted, but Jace's illusion token only cares about spells, not abilities, so no matter what, someone will have to spend a card to get rid of the illusion
Blossoming Defense is also a bad example, because it only targets your own creatures.

Zocano

I would prefer Walk the Dinosaur but Ixalan - Way from Home would be my second choice.

If we go with Port to Sideboard keep it that and don't add the warning. Nice and simple is good and important.

Hmm, if no one's a fan of the warning, and I still think it's important to mention dinosaurs in the title, then perhaps this would be better.
Magic: the Gathering |OT13| Ixalan - Planeswalk the Dinosaur

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
UW control is going alllll in on Gideon.

I caught a match on MTGO to see it trounce Living End.

Then I hop on FB and see people trying to trade into it. It's going to be a hot pet deck until it can prove itself in a tournament I think.

Or maybe Saphron Olive will stream it.

EDIT: I didn't catch when the new rules will take effect on MTGO.

Do you think going super PW heavy with Jace AoT and JVP could work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom