• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 22 has a free demo and I played madden for the first time in 10 years. It's still the same!

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
I have not purchased a Madden game since 2012. There is a free trial weekend that ends tomorrow on all platforms. I decided on what the hell, I will try it out for the first time in year.

It's exactly the same shit as 10 years ago. It's amazing the game changes so little but sells so much. I played 3 online head to head games and it's the same thing as the game I played 10 years ago

*Qb's run around in the backfield for 10+ seconds with no pass rush.

*Qb's throwing 50 yards yards accurate while running full sprint

*Same Defensive and offensive playbooks

*Graphics and Animations seem the same

Just pure uninspired. I am shocked that Madden can Update the roster, make a few changes, add 1 or 2 new game play changes most don't want or care for (ko mode?). After 3 games I deleted it and may check back in another 5 or so years. Just insane so little can change over the years yet the game continues to sell well.

Phase

I always thought the animations in Madden were bad, especially compared to NFL 2K5. So much so that I played 2K5 with downloaded rosters for years and years. It was the better game.

With the contract between EA and the NFL, Madden just killed NFL 2K instead of actually improving the game.

Last edited:

AmuroChan

I play Madden pretty much every year. I'd be the first to say that the changes year over year are iterative and mostly minor, but to say it's the same as 10 years ago from a graphical and animation perspective is simply not true.

Also, I know this thread is bait as this is the second Madden bashing thread you've created in the past month.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Seems like that would be what people want. Not a lot of innovation in a sport that hardly changes so you want consistency in gameplay in the video game version.

ManaByte

I'm pretty sure if you play NBA2K22 it's still NBA basketball.

Same goes for NHL and hockey.

What do you mean MLB The Show is still just normal baseball?

ManaByte

No, the game is literally the same.

Faces
Animations
Ceremonies
etc.

Madden 2012:
fXYutnnoHwkhQhyfZNJIZSbR3eM5K0e7-Pj6SN8plFb_aKDk4kAsmvfHYPpVl2oD_Gafn6WGIUvXncp1on3iuzXeVepILdRV9tRi

Madden 22:
1620453004_Who-is-the-Madden-22-Cover-Athlete.jpg

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Wait.............you're surprised??? lmao

Excess

With the contract between EA and the NFL, Madden just killed NFL 2K instead of actually improving the game.
Yep, zero competition. The same could be said of The Show.

Well, hand-egg and luck-swing are just giant monopolies anyway. Should we be surprised?

ReBurn

Gold Member
I felt the same way playing NBA 2K22 last night

got it for free and its pretty much 2K21 but with updated rosters

Would never pay money for it
I think the updated rosters are actually what fans of the game are buying it for. They don't want the core gameplay to change. They want the stats updates.

sendit

I have not purchased a Madden game since 2012. There is a free trial weekend that ends tomorrow on all platforms. I decided on what the hell, I will try it out for the first time in year.

It's exactly the same shit as 10 years ago. It's amazing the game changes so little but sells so much. I played 3 online head to head games and it's the same thing as the game I played 10 years ago

*Qb's run around in the backfield for 10+ seconds with no pass rush.

*Qb's throwing 50 yards yards accurate while running full sprint

*Same Defensive and offensive playbooks

*Graphics and Animations seem the same

Just pure uninspired. I am shocked that Madden can Update the roster, make a few changes, add 1 or 2 new game play changes most don't want or care for (ko mode?). After 3 games I deleted it and may check back in another 5 or so years. Just insane so little can change over the years yet the game continues to sell well.

Not to defend Madden. It sucks that it's the only NFL game around. However, a few corrections to your statements/fact check:

• QB do not run around for 10+ seconds. Play on on a harder difficulty.
  • QB's IRL can throw for 50 yards while on the run. Also, play on on a harder difficulty:
  • Defensive and Offensive playbooks have changed. You can also switch to live playbooks.
  • Graphics and Animations are not the same and have improved.
    • Madden 2022
    • Madden 2012

Brofist

Lot of hyperbole here, but the one inexcusable thing is the amount of bugs in these games. How have they not ironed out this game by now.

You’re giving it too much credit to say it’s the same as ten years ago. It’s actually much worse than ten years ago in almost every facet.

Except monetization, of course. And graphics, obviously. But fucking PS2/Xbox era Madden games were much deeper and more realistic.

Top Bottom