• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 3 has officially sold over 10 million units worldwide.

Bodomism

Banned
It was revealed by Nintendo during recent Nintendo's Investor Presentation. The last known sales figure for LM3 was at 9.59M by the end of March 2021 then the game managed to move 0.7M units of software for the next 6 months, which put the current LM3 sales figure at 10.29 million units sold at the end of September.

unknown.png

LM3 is still selling at its original MSRP which is a huge achievement.
D55yGNK.png

Mohonky

Good, give me another one

(also yes, gimme the 3DS and Original remastered pls)

Last edited:

Knightime_X

Different people different taste !! Mature hard gory game vs family friendly title with more popularity reach !!
I think it's more about people avoiding it like the plague due to the game's reputation and insufferable community.

Great series but it actively pushes away those who are interested but lack the skill.
Sales absolutely reflect this.

Hestar69

bought it for 40 and only played it for about 5 mins.. Looked really good,I really should start playing it.

kingfey

Banned
Nintendo knows how to do 1st party games. Hope xbox and sony learn a thing or 2 from nintendo.

Their games have been fun, despite not great graphics. They nailed the fun part, something other 2 companies lack.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Thought it was great, and can't wait to see what Luigi and E. Gadd do next in the series. Would also love to see Waluigi included in one of these games. Maybe one day

stranno

Can we get Pikmin 4 already?

It would probably shell amazingly well. I can't understand Nintendo.

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned
Different people different taste !! Mature hard gory game vs family friendly title with more popularity reach !!
I don't think that is true anymore for gaming because games like COD, GTA, Battlefield, CP2077, RDR2, and etc are selling really well.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Sold 10m on 1 platform yet a game like Dark Souls 3 apparently being MORE popular took like 5 platforms to achieve the same goal...
Oof
Idk why you even care, very few games can achieve the 10 million numbers Dark Souls 3 sold. its apples vs oranges, From games do very well im surprised they sell that much tbh, not because of the quality, i just never thought Sekiro would become so popular

Tranquil

Was going to buy this a couple weeks ago but I was reading reviews that you can't invert the y-axis. That was a deal breaker for me. Game looks like fun though.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Yeah.. Umm no. Luigis mansion has always been as niche as niche could be. This is just a really awesome game this time that had rave reviews and word spread

kingfey

Banned
Idk why you even care, very few games can achieve the 10 million numbers Dark Souls 3 sold. its apples vs oranges, From games do very well im surprised they sell that much tbh, not because of the quality, i just never thought Sekiro would become so popular
He has no idea genre type. He thinks every game is the same.

I bought dark souls 3, and haven't gone up after the 1st boss. Its not my type of game.

I got to a point I didn’t know where to go to find a ghost and frustrated put the game away and forgot about it till now. Going to someday have to restart from the beginning.

TexMex

Great game. Huge leap forward. It’s almost there. Wish catching the ghosts wasn’t the exact same mechanic every time, and I wish there was some sort of meaningful progression to do with all those coins that are honestly pretty useless.

Graphics, animation, atmosphere, variety - all top notch.

Fbh

Went into this one not expecting much but it was easily one of the best games on the systems.
Also really impressive on a technical side, it looks quite nice and while the actual areas are small the amount of interactive objects and physics was still impressive.

Yeah.. Umm no. Luigis mansion has always been as niche as niche could be. This is just a really awesome game this time that had rave reviews and word spread

Luigis Mansion Gamecube 3+ million sales (fifth best sell
Luigis Mansion Dark Moon 5+ million sales
Luigis Mansion 3 10+ million sales

"As nice as niche could be"....sure

Kokoloko85

Id love to see Luigi’s Mansion 1 & 2 ported over to the Switch.
No point asking for a remaster or remake for Luigi’s Mansion 2 so straight ports will have to do

nush

Gold Member
Just imagine how many more units they could sell if they discounted their games like everybody else. /s.

OldBoyGamer

Banned
Great to hear. I’d love to see the series continue. But they need to expand a little more as it feels a little restraint now with its core themes.

Marvel14

Banned
It'd good but not that good...need more Ghost and trapping variety and more reasons to collect cash. The online is super meh....

But it's really atmospheric and the levels are diverse and enthralling.

Kuranghi

Yeah this is due a replay, what a game. Had an absolute blast playing it. There were niggles but nothing too bad and I made it longer than it needed to be by trying to get everything before moving on when I shouldn't pushed the story to get more items and then go back and do it all at once.

Jeeves

It's about as close as you can get to being a perfect video game, in terms of being polished and nailing what it sets out to do in a way that pleases pretty much everyone.

Top Bottom