• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Trails from Zero

I received some money for Christmas and used it to buy Trails from Zero.

I never played it and I'm a fan of the Trails series.

What can I say? The game is pretty fun and I love the combat.

This is definitely one of those games you play for the story. There is a lot of dialogue as most of you who know about this series already know.

I just completed the Geofront section at the beginning.

One thing I've noticed is this is the Evo version of the game. Some people don't particularly like those versions of the game but I do find it odd we haven't gotten Evo versions of the first three games which are available in Japan.

So I would definitely recommend this game if you're a fan of the series and haven't played it yet because it was never officially localized until recently. Yes, I do know there was unofficially English versions of the game a few years back even.

20221226-132813.jpg

Last edited:

Gambit2483

Congrats! I'm halfway through Chapter 2 myself. Can't wait to dive headfirst into this RPG series

There is a video on YouTube that goes over every version of the game ever.

I believe the Switch and PC version are the most feature complete and have a few higher res textures...but it's really such a great game you can't go wrong with any version.

OuterLimits

Playing the Switch version currently off and on and it is certainly quite good. The only other Trails games I have played are the first two on PSP.

Isn't the sequel to this game coming next year as well?

Graciaus

I bought it but was waiting until closer when the sequel was being released to start. I looked at the release schedule around then and I really should just play it right now but that's not happening.

My favorite JRPG of 2022. Not only is the game really good, but it also adds so much additional context and depth to the Cold Steel games. The world building in Trails is truly fantastic.
This game is very underappreciated. I almost never hear anybody mention that it's probably the most detailed and lore rich Japanese role-playing game out there. There are 12 games that are all interconnected and take place in the same universe and world and it's only something like 60% completed.

AmuroChan

This game is very underappreciated. I almost never hear anybody mention that it's probably the most detailed and lore rich Japanese role-playing game out there. There are 12 games that are all interconnected and take place in the same universe and world and it's only something like 60% completed.

It's essentially the MCU of the gaming space. I think the reason why it's not talked about much in the mainstream is because Nihon Falcom is a small developer and they don't do much marketing of their games.

Top Bottom