• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: this feels cross-gen! What game rivals Doom Eternal’s IQ?

RPS37

I’ve been playing Doom Eternal on XSX lately and I’ve been really impressed with the RayTracing/60fps/1800p mode.
it looks like a really good cross gen game.
once I finish it though, what can I play on XSX that can stand up graphically and image quality-wise?

I’ve been playing Doom Eternal on XSX lately and I’ve been really impressed with the RayTracing/60fps/1800p mode.
once I finish it though, what can I play on XSX that can stand up graphically and image quality-wise?
Agree its stunning on SX. I have it on ps5 and Xbox and it looks a good deal better on Series X, especially the RT mode. I think the ps5 has low anisotropic filtering settings compared to SX as well as slightly lower res. Also noticed the reflections on SX are sharper. Seen people knock the SX for using VRS but it looks better than ps5 which doesn't use it.

If you're looking for games with similar good visuals and IQ on SX I'd have to say Gears 5 and Infinite look quite good. Obviously Forza Horizon 5. The new Star Wars legp and Avengers look really beautiful on SX (and terrible on ps5- wtf happened there devs?)

Oh yeah Resident Evil 3! Probably the best looking cross gen game on the system now after the recent patch.

Apocryphon

RE2/3
Gears 5 (Hivebusters DLC is ridiculously good)
Flight Simulator.. though it requires serious time investment)
Metro Exodus
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Guardians of the Galaxy
Control Ultimate Edition (non-ultimate lacks RT)

RPS37

If you're looking for games with similar good visuals and IQ on SX I'd have to say Gears 5 and Infinite look quite good. Obviously Forza Horizon 5. The new Star Wars legp and Avengers look really beautiful on SX (and terrible on ps5- wtf happened there devs?)

Oh yeah Resident Evil 3! Probably the best looking cross gen game on the system now after the recent patch.
I definitely think a replay of Gears 5 on New Game + might be in my future, concurrently playing this with the Hot Wheels DLC for Horizon 5.
is Avengers that dope looking? It’s still on GP right? I’ll look into it.

RE2/3
Gears 5 (Hivebusters DLC is ridiculously good)
Flight Simulator.. though it requires serious time investment)
Metro Exodus
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Guardians of the Galaxy
Control Ultimate Edition (non-ultimate lacks RT)

Not the biggest horror fan, but I heard great things and RE2 is on sale for $16 this week…
Might continue my new game + file of Gears 5.
Flight Sim was novel for me but yea…
Metro really cool but the gameplay of the older games seemed really archaic from what I played, will check an Exodus review.
Never finished Ori 1 but Ori 2 was a banger.
Im currently stuck of GOTG with Game Pass right now.
i kind of hate Control just because I kept getting stuck cuz the shit map.

Top Bottom