• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: The Witcher 3

skit_data

Well, I’ve after much consideration finally decided to give it a go. I’m playing via BC on PS5 so by the time I’m midway through the game there will probably be a next gen update announced and I’ll have to replay the whole game but I’ll take my chances on there being a save transfer option.

So far it’s good. I’m only about an hour in (finished the first main quest and met up with Yennefer) but I already feel fairly invested in the plot. I’m not a fan of the UI and overall ”look” of the game, it feels a bit dated. I guess it’s my fault for not playing it on release.

You guys reckon it’s worth to wait for the next-gen version to release before tackling this beast? Some of the animations are downright horrible on the PS4 version, I swear I’ve seen 15fps animations on the enemies I’m engaging.

Well, I’ve after much consideration finally decided to give it a go. I’m playing via BC on PS5 so by the time I’m midway through the game there will probably be a next gen update announced and I’ll have to replay the whole game but I’ll take my chances on there being a save transfer option.

So far it’s good. I’m only about an hour in (finished the first main quest and met up with Yennefer) but I already feel fairly invested in the plot. I’m not a fan of the UI and overall ”look” of the game, it feels a bit dated. I guess it’s my fault for not playing it on release.

You guys reckon it’s worth to wait for the next-gen version to release before tackling this beast? Some of the animations are downright horrible on the PS4 version, I swear I’ve seen 15fps animations on the enemies I’m engaging.
Xbox gets the Xbox one x enhancement that adds 4K and 60 fps on xsx and I’ve still decided to wait until the next gen version comes out

YMMV

zcaa0g

Banned
I guess one complement I can give it is I usually don't finish 90% of the RPGs I play due to being too much of a time sink, but The Witcher 3 was an exception.

Well, that complement and many of its side-quests being better than main quests in other RPGs.

skit_data

Xbox gets the Xbox one x enhancement that adds 4K and 60 fps on xsx and I’ve still decided to wait until the next gen version comes out

YMMV
Might as well wait then, feels like I’m destroying first impressions and I can already tell its taking me out of the experience.

I could see myself work with a 4k 60fps version as in your case, but it sticks out like a sore thumb to play the PS4 version.

Last edited:
Might as well wait then, feels like I’m destroying first impressions and I can already tell its taking me out of the experience.

I could see myself work with a 4k 60fps version as in your case, but it sticks out like a sore thumb to play the PS4 version.
it honestly looks fine as 4k / 60fps, but I eventually got to an area in the game where it got me thinking how amazing it would be with the next gen update

if the update wasn't so near I probably wouldn't bother waiting, but I think I read we should expect it around April? figured I might as well wait for Elden Ring, once that comes out I'll have my hands full until April.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
In the Baron quest

I've got the option now to go back to talk to him or push ahead and find his daughter. This has branched the quest somewhat.

Does it matter what order I do this bit in?

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
No worries, I pushed on.

found the daughter, went back to the Baron and spoke with him. Am now doing Ladies of The Wood and playing hide and seek

Top Bottom