• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Star Fox Zero (2016) Wii U

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
91W+PkALvbL._AC_SY679_.jpg
Here is a really inspired N64 game on the Wii, the story is still surrounding Fox, his team and saving the galaxy from Andross.

The game is kinda the same from the N64. Killing enemies in the air, on the ground is key. It’s strength is, again this is controversial, the Wii U and it’s second “cockpit” screen which is essentially FPS in your hands. You aren’t forced to play with this view. Your role as Fox is to save the universe from an Evil scientist. Nintendo knows how to handle flight, it helps to have played N64 but it takes little time to get use to the game it’s learning curve is easy.

Pretty good game that holds up.

cireza

I tried the game quite a lot (several hours), but in the end, I could not feel good at controlling the various ships.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I really wanted to like this game, but like cireza cireza I just couldn't ever get a hang of the controls.

Most of the time it felt like flinging a dead bird down an abandoned elevator shaft.

Dr Bass

StarFox continues to be the dumping ground for gimmicky ideas.

It really makes me think this was kind of always the case, in a way.

The first one was a showcase for 3D graphics, but it worked brilliantly.

The next one was a showcase for the "rumble pak", and the game itself was great.

But they ran out of great ideas that would actually make the game better, and everything after that was a flaming pile. Nintendo just can't seem to grasp that the StarFox fan base was built on the first two games and all they want is another epic, fun, space shooter. Make a GOOD StarFox game with great production values, replayability like the first two, and see what happens.

kunonabi

It's still my favorite Star Fox game. I love how the missions are like a greatest hits of space battle moments and I loved the controls. Of course, I played through all of shadows of the empire with the cinematic camera so I was able to aim in a similar fashion in the main view and use the gamepad for more specific moments without as much of a learning curve but I would have dug it regardless. I admit though after playing Star Fox 2 it might have been cool to use the second screen for those real time elements they toyed with.

DrCheese

Nintendo just can't seem to grasp that the StarFox fan base was built on the first two games and all they want is another epic, fun, space shooter. Make a GOOD StarFox game with great production values, replayability like the first two, and see what happens.

Ugh yes. I must replay the SNES game at least twice a year. Nothing after lylat wars (Starfox 64) has kept my interest at all.

Gifmaker

I think this is one of the few examples where I actually believe the game would be improved if they just removed the second screen gimmick, ironically making it perfect for a Switch adaption.
I like the content, but the control scheme was pointless imho.

PaintTinJr

91W+PkALvbL._AC_SY679_.jpg
Here is a really inspired N64 game on the Wii, the story is still surrounding Fox, his team and saving the galaxy from Andross.

The game is kinda the same from the N64. Killing enemies in the air, on the ground is key. It’s strength is, again this is controversial, the Wii U and it’s second “cockpit” screen which is essentially FPS in your hands. You aren’t forced to play with this view. Your role as Fox is to save the universe from an Evil scientist. Nintendo knows how to handle flight, it helps to have played N64 but it takes little time to get use to the game it’s learning curve is easy.

Pretty good game that holds up.
Yeah, completely loved the unique controls of the game, being able to both fly and aim independently with the wiiu gamepad, a real justification for the console design, and one of the reasons I'm keeping the console, long term.

The controls are like flying the falcon in SW, but doing both Chewy's job of flying, and either Luke or Han's job in the turret all at the same time - or in lesser know film: The Last Starfighter, doing both Alex and Grig's jobs. It make the whole console feel like a custom built arcade machine for me.

Top Bottom