• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Sackboy A Big Adventure 2020 (PS5 Digital Edition)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
In the spring of 2022 I began a Sackboy game that’s in a particular genre of games that’s supposedly for kids. Sackboy demands concentration, and it’s familiar to a Mario or crash game but has technical changes and different qualities.

Gamer Ps5 GIF by PlayStation

Actually enjoyed the pace, and the game without a now traditional 3D world we saw in the little big planet games.

Levels are short and long, and take place in the craft world, a civilized society that is attacked by an enemy named Vex, to me it’s the first game to enable Sackboy’s story and gives something for Sackboy to confront and fight for.

Over the past three months I played this clash between Sackboy and Vex. It’s everything. The graphics, the soundtrack the core platforming concepts, collecting.

Check out this game if you like simple controls, innovative platforming and made with fun in mind. It’s a necessarily PlayStation exclusive to play and perhaps a AAA launch game. Thank you.

Fahdis

Sony needs to bring the actual fun games to PS5 and PC:

- Puppeteer
- Tearaway

I played Tearaway on a whim and it was one of the best gaming experiences I ever had. And Puppeteer is a platform beast with a charming story.

Yea yea, Sackboy is good too.

Last edited:
I still need to play that game.

Puppeteer really needs a remake. I think the main problem on PS3 was the unstable 30fps, that game would really shine at stable 60fps (or more). I still loved the experience. Tearaway was OK but too easy.

I still need to play that game.

Puppeteer really needs a remake. I think the main problem on PS3 was the unstable 30fps, that game would really shine at stable 60fps (or more). I still loved the experience. Tearaway was OK but too easy.
Yeah, Puppeteer was fun. I feel Tearaway is overrated. It was great at showing the features of the Vita, but felt pointless and shallow otherwise. I never saw the point of the PS4 version.

sainraja

In the spring of 2022 I began a Sackboy game that’s in a particular genre of games that’s supposedly for kids. Sackboy demands concentration, and it’s familiar to a Mario or crash game but has technical changes and different qualities.

Gamer Ps5 GIF by PlayStation

Actually enjoyed the pace, and the game without a now traditional 3D world we saw in the little big planet games.

Levels are short and long, and take place in the craft world, a civilized society that is attacked by an enemy named Vex, to me it’s the first game to enable Sackboy’s story and gives something for Sackboy to confront and fight for.

Over the past three months I played this clash between Sackboy and Vex. It’s everything. The graphics, the soundtrack the core platforming concepts, collecting.

Check out this game if you like simple controls, innovative platforming and made with fun in mind. It’s a necessarily PlayStation exclusive to play and perhaps a AAA launch game. Thank you.
Agreed. The game is really really fun and a good one to relax with.

Midn1ght

Loved every minutes of it, got the plat and played a lot of it with my 6 yo daughter.

Will definitely give it another go if it comes to PC.

It’s a great game, go for it if you haven’t played it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I love SM3DW, and this looks pretty similar, so will try once it comes to PS++ (yep, I'm that guy now).

And yeah, Puppeteer is great. Would definitely replay at 60fps. But I don't think Sony is interested in porting that game, pretty sure it bombed hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
I enjoyed this one enough, but sold my copy as I just had no desire to ever return to it. I can’t even remember most of hte levels aside from the few that were semi-timed to the music. Got the platinum though, but overall I would say this is a very bland and uninspired platformer.

Top Bottom