• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Ori and the Will of the Wisps

RPS37

So I recently picked up Ori 2 to go with my XSX.
Game is legit amazing. I never finished the first one because it got too frustrating.
After about 20 hours, I can say that the gameplay is much tighter in the sequel.
I may even get really close to 100% which I rarely do with games.
Graphics are great, especially on XSX. The game does a great job at constantly rewarding the player. Difficulty seems nearly perfect.
Its on Game Pass and It’s on sale for half price right now.
Highly recommended.

I recently completed the story on Ori 2. Was great. I had started it on my One X, but the bugs and crap performance turned me off of it (I had already completed Ori 1). Runs like butter, game is near perfect on the One X.

RPS37

Finished it tonight in 24 hours. Got most of the collectibles.
Contemplating grinding for spirit light and purchasing the rest of the upgrades. Might just be done though. Definitely worth 15 bucks. I paid 20 and that was worth it.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
One of the best of the year, without breaking a sweat.

No Game Awards nomination for GOTY is a sin.

So i'm finally playing this game after letting go of wow classic, and it's an absolute pleasure to play through. Like so many, I think I already love will of the wisps better than the first one. Apparently, Im a slow gamer as I've already put 11-12 hours into the game and I'm only about 35% of my way through it. The controls are very tight. In some ways it reminds me of a nintendo game a la super mario 3d world as nintendo has always been masters of nailing down simple but fun movement and platform mechanics in their games. The world is beautiful in will of the wisps, the music is great, and I love the exploration and obsession to find all the secrets and powerups.

cormack12

Gold Member
So i'm finally playing this game after letting go of wow classic, and it's an absolute pleasure to play through. Like so many, I think I already love will of the wisps better than the first one. Apparently, Im a slow gamer as I've already put 11-12 hours into the game and I'm only about 35% of my way through it. The controls are very tight. In some ways it reminds me of a nintendo game a la super mario 3d world as nintendo has always been masters of nailing down simple but fun movement and platform mechanics in their games. The world is beautiful in will of the wisps, the music is great, and I love the exploration and obsession to find all the secrets and powerups.

I think the percent is related to 100%ing the entire game so wouldn't worry about it too much. I am approaching the last section now. It's such a good balance of difficulty, beauty and skill. I wish it was easier to have a couple more shards equipped by default though.

I think the percent is related to 100%ing the entire game so wouldn't worry about it too much. I am approaching the last section now. It's such a good balance of difficulty, beauty and skill. I wish it was easier to have a couple more shards equipped by default though.
I agree. Though i feel like i've unlocked so much already and I have no idea what else they could possibly add. I have maxed out how many shards i can have equipped or perhaps there is one left. Not sure.

Self

I must admit that I have never touched Ori, because the main character kind of turns me of. I like the world design and art very much, but I don't know man. Since I loved Celeste I'll give it a try someday for sure.

dV8tR

Neo Member
Beat this one around launch on the OG Xbox One and really enjoyed it - framerate issues and all. Seriously, I could not put it down. Art and sound direction were just incredible. Like others have mentioned, the movement is also a big standout. After beating this one, I had to play Blind Forest straight away! I would argue both Ori games are a must play if you have an XBox or if you just love platformers in general.

Urban

Sorry for the Necrobump but i finished the Series this weekend.

Imo a must play for anyone who loves "metroidvanias" or plattformers.

Ori 1 8,5/10
Ori 2 9,5/10

Plus its on Steamsale right now:

With that Price imo a nobrainer. Buy it -> play it and be amazed

So I recently picked up Ori 2 to go with my XSX.
Game is legit amazing. I never finished the first one because it got too frustrating.
After about 20 hours, I can say that the gameplay is much tighter in the sequel.
I may even get really close to 100% which I rarely do with games.
Graphics are great, especially on XSX. The game does a great job at constantly rewarding the player. Difficulty seems nearly perfect.
Its on Game Pass and It’s on sale for half price right now.
Highly recommended.
Did they fix the stuttering that made the game borderline unplayable on last gen systems? I gave up about halfway through because I'd freeze momentarily in midair, missing jump after jump due to this issue. I really loved what I played, but it just got too annoying to keep dying through no fault of my own.

Aldric

Most beautiful game ever made and a really good game in terms of mechanics, Ori is so fun to control once you've got a few abilities and bash is still one of the best new ideas of the past few years. Fantastic OST too. I know that some people don't like the story and find the game emotionally manipulative or melodramatic but what can I say, it worked on me.

JLB

Banned
Did they fix the stuttering that made the game borderline unplayable on last gen systems? I gave up about halfway through because I'd freeze momentarily in midair, missing jump after jump due to this issue. I really loved what I played, but it just got too annoying to keep dying through no fault of my own.
Cant say on previous gen, on XSX is flawless with the exception of one or two moments during the game.

RPS37

Never had any problems on XSX.

Top Bottom