• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP Onechanbara Series Appreciating a cult series

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Initially developed by Tamsoft and published by D3 Publisher for the PlayStation 2, OneeChanbara is a series of hack-and-slash video games headlined by blood, gore and bikini-clad samurai who battle the undead. Originally titled THE OneeChanbara (THE お姉チャンバラ), a portmanteau of the Japanese words "onee-chan" (お姉ちゃん), meaning big sister, and "chanbara" (チャンバラ), meaning sword-fighting, the series debuted as a part of D3 Publisher's Simple 2000 series on the PlayStation 2 and was later ported to the Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii in Japan before making its way to North America via its third main entry, Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad. Since then, the series has seen releases on Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and Steam.

onechanbara-360-screenshot-02.jpg

onechanbara-origin-2019749305575_1.jpg

I think the video game reviews do not know about the special touch that the onechanbara series has, showing as a game, with a low-budget movie theme that that is its true purpose, although its graphics are correct and the story is simple or confusing , presents a series of interesting and fun gameplay.

After several installments, it is one of my series that is very interesting to me because of its rare and unique concept.

I Played OneChanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers, OneeChanbara Z ~ Kagura ~ With NoNoNo! , Onechanbara Z2: , Schoolgirl / Zombie Hunter

And in my opinion, despite being modest and humble games, they have been very fun games.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Onechanbara deserves a cult following. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Totally agree.

The bad thing is the stupid Video Game analysis sites, which always give them a bad rating because of their name, but if they are played or deepened, they are good and fun games.

There are even movies.

The bad thing is that people are guided by what some idiots of IGN say, instead of testing the titles.

CamHostage

The bad thing is that people are guided by what some idiots of IGN say, instead of testing the tities.

Let's not mince words here: Tamsoft generally does not make good games. Tamsoft games should not get good reviews. Tamsoft make games that appeal to people's certain sensibilities, and to their wallets, and that's why this thread for fans of these games exists.

Last edited:

Pejo

It's a lot of mindless hack n slash fun. I personally keep it in the same category as the Senran games. Does what it does well enough, but it won't ever win any GotY awards or anything. Definitely seems like it fits the bill for a "cult following". I bought Origin but haven't played it yet. I hear it's a pretty good upgrade.

Top Bottom