• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Netflix NARCOS and NARCOS Mexico

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
narcos-mexico-5cb6e503cd54e.jpg

narcos-5612a2d57ae02.jpg

If you have a chance to see one of these two shows it could potentially be a fun experience.

Their ability to tell the story of one of Mexico's first drug kingpins (Miguel Gallardo) is incredible.

Narco's Mexico's advantage over Narcos is Diego Luna who adds another dimension to the story but I love how they showed Pablo Escobar in Narcos.

img.gif

Let's examine Narcos. It's available on Netflix and it's supported by a perfect cast. Both detectives' acting range is an absolute treat to viewers and makes Pablo the perfect villain as a result.

FUZ8.gif

We should all be talking about Narcos because it deserves credit. The way things are today I don't think we'll ever have another Pablo Escobar. If you ask anyone who the biggest druglord is today I don't think they'd have an answer, a lot of people make news for drug busts though.

Pablo (Wagner Moura) could of had enough help and he's a villain you jump out of your chair for.

giphy.gif

Overall feeling from the shows is they went for smaller crowds but were able to reach movie levels of success.

GAMETA

Banned
Narcos is awesome. Deserves way more views and recognition. Solid story, solid cast, some amazing acting and lots of iconic moments.

OP, have you seen the movie City of God? I think you'd like it.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Narcos was good for the first 3 seasons, in the last 2 the protagonist has zero charisma and i dropped watching it.

Last edited:

pr0cs

Loved the first series, didn't watch Mexico because I sort of felt the story ran it's course. Ended up watching Mexico this winter and was pleasantly surprised. It was really good as well and is still certainly one of the best Netflix-centric properties on Netflix right now.

Dural

You know, I didn't realize Narcos Season 4 was spun off into it's own show. I loved the first three seasons, got caught up with season 3 when Mexico came out and never got around to watching it. Think I'll start it tonight.

Dontero

Banned
Narcos is great mirror to Godfather.
Mafia in Godfather tries to paint themselves like "extra protectors" to have an mystique to it.

Narcos starts similar and for a second you think it will go this way. But then it crushes everything and you see gangs for what they truly are. No honor, backstabbing thugs that would sell your sister if they could.

HF2014

Narcos is awesome, but couldnt get into Mexico. Watched the 1rst season, and was not hook like i was with regular Narcos. The 3 seasons of Narcos were just amazing!

jadefire66

I liked Narcos Mexico S1 but S2 is just really boring, I saw 3 episodes and stopped watching.

PS: Sicario was terrible.

edbrat

I want to watch but I hate reading subtitles

Just learn Spanish instead :)

I enjoyed Sicario, great performance by BDT, and overall thought it was ok nothing more, and it seems it's a bit of a divisive movie some people absolutely love it and some...ehhh. Might rewatch to dig into this intriguing phenom.

A.Romero

This series is great and it's somewhat faithful to how shit went down. I hope they make enough seasons to get to how everything went to hell in the mid 2000's in Mexico.

Also, I heard a member of the production crew got killed scouting locations for one of the seasons.

llien

Mkay, watched the first 5 episodes an my overwhelming reaction is: "WTF, do I need to learn Spanish to watch this???".
Will try to find alternatives to netlfix, what the flux...

High quality show other than that. Was skeptical about watching it after seeing Javier Bardem in that role, but the actor does a great job.

Last edited:

llien

Soo, after "fuck you, Netflix" and switching over to Russian sources, it was suddenly quite watchable.

Season 1 and large part of 2 were fire. (perhaps largely because Escobar's story is interesting on its own)
Season 3 was boring.

Only watched 3 episodes of NM, third one ticked somewhat, first two were meh.

Am I watching it wrong? Should I switch back to subtitles? Or watch "el councellor" first?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Narcos is awesome. Deserves way more views and recognition. Solid story, solid cast, some amazing acting and lots of iconic moments.

OP, have you seen the movie City of God? I think you'd like it.
I only say that Diego Luna we hate him.... He is a traitor to my Country... Mexico

Top Bottom