• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: NeiR Automata - A beautifully dark, chilling experience...

Thabass

I just completed this game on my stream last night and holy crap was it an amazing experience. I think I can say with 95% certainty that this was one of the darkest games I have ever experienced.

Specifically the part where:

You're tasked at helping Pascal and the kids and are successful only come back to the factory to find out that they committed suicide because they learned how to feel fear.

This is just a small example of some of the dark shit that happens in the game. But I loved every second of it. For a little more background into why I didn't play it initially: It was around the same time Persona 5 came out and I decided to put all of my time into that and I purchased NieR around the same time. I got so into Persona 5 that I completely forgot about NieR and never went back to it. It was also a time where my grandmother died and was going through some stuff. Persona became the game that got me through it all. And seeing as how dark the game is...I'm kinda glad I waited until I was in the right mental frame of mind.

But yeah, I enjoyed the hell out of the game. Love the combat and the combo system, but the true MVP of the game is the plugin system and pods. One of the top games on 2017 and now one of my favorites of all-time now.

Also 2B / A2's butt.
xVU2ilE-XV1dolatFP3U41x08kNtcG_MdQblH3fB0As.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom