• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Mad Max (2015) - The Game That Time Forgot. AKA Don't Release Same Day As MGS V.

its my favourite game. 4k 60fps on xsx now thanks to fps boost. also the best apocalyptic setting ever. those duststorms are so crazy good and the car mechanics as well
Wow wtf are you serious. Pisses me off the PS% can't handle it. One of these days when I upgrade my PC I'll be able to do this though.

Mad Max sat on my ps4 for like 2 years after it was free on PS+. I finally deleted it because my hd was full. Might have to redownload it now! Good to hear it's better than MGS5, for some reason that game didn't grip me, even tho I love MGS. How's the platinum for Mad Max?

Neff

Eh at least Mad Max got decent reviews and people played it

FO7kcM.jpg

Mr Branding

Might not be a good fit. The previous gen version was cancelled because they couldn't make the draw distance work (2+ kilometers with correct sound propagation). It's all about vast deserts with camps and convoys in the distance. That feeling of being alone in a gigantic empty landscape might not translate well to a handheld. There is overwhelming beauty and melancholia in its emptiness.
Don’t listen to this. Got it on steam to play exclusively on the Deck and I’m having a blast. Runs great too.
Always wanted to tackle this as I previously owned it on ps4 but couldn’t be bothered.
It’s checklisty nature translates well to handheld play.

Shubh_C63

How's the platinum for Mad Max?
I had this on PS4 and even before WB took it down the platinum was unachievable. The photo collecting trophy (iirc) was bugged and showed 149/150 something. You had to inspect each and every one item as soon as you get to have the system register it. Played it two times and encountered the same bug again.

Kerotan

Top class game I platinumed. But fuck me it launched on a bad date. I bought MGSV Day 1 and platinumed it over 2 month's. Didn't know anything about mad Max until I gave it a try on a 10 dollar sale. MGSV Just stole it's thunder.

Just played a few hours of it. It's like a Far Cry game with a Fallout and/or Borderlands vibe, plus batman-esque combat. It borrows a lot of game mechanics without going too deep. A nice and simple game made for FUN without all the globohomo forced into it. It reminds me of Red Faction Armageddon in some ways. Thanks for the recommend OP!

Just played a few hours of it. It's like a Far Cry game with a Fallout and/or Borderlands vibe, plus batman-esque combat. It borrows a lot of game mechanics without going too deep. A nice and simple game made for FUN without all the globohomo forced into it. It reminds me of Red Faction Armageddon in some ways. Thanks for the recommend OP!
*Guerilla not Armageddon

Cryio

Game look amazing, runs amazing, extremely well optimized on PC (it probably does 60 fps on the Deck also). The combat is simple and satisfying, very Arkham like. Completely tasks and upgrading stuff all the time is satisfying.

My only complaint is that the fastest car is unlocked 30 min before you finish this 40-50 hour game. There are ways getting the fastest car early, but you wouldn't know that on your first playthrough.

I played it at 3200x1800, 120 fps, on a 5700 XT / R5 3600. Terrific performance.

Last edited:

Shut0wen

As much as the combat and driving were top notch its by far one of the most soulless typical repetitive avalanche games out there

i can't remember when i first watched fury road but it wasn't any time near when it came out. i always meant to go and play the game but never got around to it. not sure i ever will. looks a lot of fun though. the movie is a masterpiece and i'm exciting for Furiosa with Anya Taylor Joy :messenger_smiling_hearts:

edit: and holy shit looking at the casting Tom Burke is going to be Dementus.

Rage 1 and 2.
lol i remember being excited for Rage 2. it looked like a Mad Max/Doom mix up.

Last edited:
Funny that this thread was bumped, because I just finished the game a few days ago. I bought it around launch but just never played it until now.

I had a decent time with it. I'd probably rate it somewhere in the high 7's. Fun combat (both melee and car), but bogged down by extremely repetitive and barebones open world activities

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I feel so dirty resurrecting an adamsapple adamsapple thread but man, after seeing that piss poor and embarrassing Furiosa trailer, I figured it was a great time to reinstall Avalanches 2015 masterpiece.

Released on THE SAME DAY as MGSV. Total Red Dead Redemption and Alan Wake 1 situation 😂

This game is beautiful. This game is amazing. Period.

vxHMclM.jpg

This game nails that punch to the face feel so good. Nothing else like it. Even Arkham punches don’t feel heavy like this.

Z8OJf6v.jpg

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
such a good game

AF82EA4C77EB9EEB4119654614C2D384E56DCE9F

and pretty

251078ABAB9BE4A68DD1E32FBD80B11BBAF9B29A

It’s arguably one of the best open world games ever. There’s nothing else like it. The balance of car combat and exploration, on foot exploration…building the various bases. The story is weak but this is a real you fill in the blanks yourself sort of game and experience. It’s long as shit. And it’s impossible to ignore the loot spots.

And YOUR CAR.

YOUR CAR: THE GAME

Last edited:

Crayon

I was excited for the mad max wasteland car culture then in the first 5 minutes I saw a wheel steer while the knuckle stayed in place. That's not cool man.

LastBattle

It’s 90% off at the moment on the AU Microsoft store. Might pull the trigger on this one…

Bloody loved Mad Max as a kid and watched 3 movies many, many times.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Is it 120fps on PS5?

1080p/30 FPS.

Xbox has it under the FPS boost program, game never got Pro/next-gen enhancements natively.

It’s 90% off at the moment on the AU Microsoft store. Might pull the trigger on this one…

Bloody loved Mad Max as a kid and watched 3 movies many, many times.

Do it, at the discounted price it's essentially a no brainer.

Last edited:

RickSanchez

Gold Member
Great game! Absolutely nailed the feeling of the wastelands. And the vehicular gameplay (combat, environmental destruction, driving handling, etc) is particularly well done.

The extremely rare movie-tie-in game that is not just functional, but actually enjoyable and stands on its own.

Last edited:

Pelao

I was fortunate enough to get MGSV a week before launch, so I was able to devote the entire launch day to Mad Max when it came out. I loved this game. I put over 120 hours into the PS4 version. I bought it for the Xbox Series X recently and it feels great to play it at 120fps, though I highly doubt I'll dedicate the time to finish it again, but I definitely recommend it for those who haven't played it, are fans of the franchise and want a game a bit like Days Gone in that setting.

Top Bottom