• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Mad Max (2015) - The Game That Time Forgot. AKA Don't Release Same Day As MGS V.

Don't sleep on this game, definitely worth a play and can be found for next to nothing these days. Tons of cool references to the movies without outright being a shitty mashup of the movies. Your hunchback friend that acts as your vehicle's regenerating health (by turning a single bolt on top of the engine) is a great companion. The driving itself is really good too, to the point I never used fast travel. The on-foot traversal and the fairly repetitive combat both are nothing special but neither are bad. The only major downside to the game is the main story lost my interest towards the end but those missions take up about 1% of the total play time.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
One of the best open-world games ever made. I don't fully understand why it felt soo good to play, but everything simply works. I finished it Twice, have 1000/1000G and hoping for some second deal. Avalanche Sweden are extremely talented.

Wonder why Rage 2 couldn't be more like this game.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I'm going to play it again, I remember that it was one of my first ps4 games when I released it and my reason for having the console. Time to play it again on PC.

this trailer hype .

GymWolf

Gold Member
I don't know about Italian laws, but yeah, if someone attacks you in Germany, you are supposed to roll over and nicely ask " I understand you are in a difficult situation, but can you please stop?"
Oh in italy anyone can occupy your house when you are out and you can't force them out.

We had romanians immigrants with pregnant women doing this trick multiple time here.

One time a dude had to pay a guy who was robbing his house because the thief felt down into a glass wall and almost lost a leg...

Last edited:

Patrick S.

Amiga Forever
Oh in italy anyone can occupy your house when you are out and you can't force them out.

We had romanians immigrants with pregnant women doing this trick multiple time here.

One time a dude had to pay a guy who was robbing his house because the thief felt down into a glass wall and almost lost a leg...
Yeah those fucking gypsies are a huge problem in Spain, too. We had an empty house on Tenerife that got occupied by those "ocupas", as we call them. Called a father's friend who was with the Guardia Civil, and him and some other agents went there and... convinced them to move out :messenger_halo: :messenger_fistbump:

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Great engine, ran beautifully on an ancient CPU & Radeon 7970, shame we didn't see much more of it. The game was derivative and repetitive and not really amazing like Mad Max (not that the last movie was as good either) but still pretty cool if you liked batman-esque combat + driving.

Last edited:

Barrico82

It is a Wonderful Game, Nice art direction and the highlight to me was the sandstorm omg What a Feeling.

I just wish they had bombastic huge over the top missiona like a Big chase of a War rig and its minions or something like that, All the missions feels short no climax.

Reactions: BPX

M1chl

So germany has shit laws that protect criminals like italy?
"right to live" in here, will get you in trouble whenever you are trying to defend yourself. Remember someone close to where I lived, had a weekend house and it has been constantly rided by thieves, so he installed some trap there, someone got hurt and he ended up in prison. This is the opposite extreme of "justice".

Patrick S.

Amiga Forever
"right to live" in here, will get you in trouble whenever you are trying to defend yourself. Remember someone close to where I lived, had a weekend house and it has been constantly rided by thieves, so he installed some trap there, someone got hurt and he ended up in prison. This is the opposite extreme of "justice".

Well, installing traps that can hurt or potentially kill someone is not something I'd consider justified self defense, either, tbh.

M1chl

Well, installing traps that can hurt or potentially kill someone is not something I'd consider justified self defense, either, tbh.
Sure the argument is that, if there would be fire, it could hurt some firefighter or something. I get that, but the situation where victim has to resort to such things, because dickless justice cannot do anything about thieves, because they weren't caught and just punish with harsh sentence victim, does not really seems ok to me either..

Patrick S.

Amiga Forever
Sure the argument is that, if there would be fire, it could hurt some firefighter or something. I get that, but the situation where victim has to resort to such things, because dickless justice cannot do anything about thieves, because they weren't caught and just punish with harsh sentence victim, does not really seems ok to me either..

Yeah I know, but life isn't a Home Alone movie :p

I'm fine with beating the burglars with a metal bar if you catch them red handed, but installing dangerous traps is too much, imo.

Romulus

I actually had more fun playing it than most games of that timeframe. Underrated. Sure it was repetitive at times but I still liked it alot.

Top Bottom