• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP in progress: NIER - Because Platinum Games is making the sequel.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
"New Game +", more like "feel like an asshole" mode.

Anyway, this is actually pretty awesome, glad I stuck with it.

I've also found myself doing a bunch of quests LOL. This fucking game. What is it with this game.

The side quests are honestly fine and really doable, some are a bit tedious but they aint too awful just not necessary at all. Minor completion spoiler
It's funny that you get nothing for doing all of them though.

Whatever you do STAY AWAY FROM THE FLOWER FARMING SIDE QUEST! If you want to finish it in a reasonable period of time you have to fuck with your system clock.

jett

D-Member
The side quests are honestly fine and really doable, some are a bit tedious but they aint too awful just not necessary at all. Minor completion spoiler
It's funny that you get nothing for doing all of them though.

Whatever you do STAY AWAY FROM THE FLOWER FARMING SIDE QUEST! If you want to finish it in a reasonable period of time you have to fuck with your system clock.

Yeah I actually finished up all of the part 2 quests except the farming one and the fishing one, because no. I have like a dozen failed quests from part 1 than I can't do. That's the game no doubt doing me a solid. Let's be honest here people, these side quests are all pretty crap. There aren't any nice stories here like some of you said. :p I expected something out of the lighthouse and manor quests, but nada. Thirty minutes grinding for mysterious switches for nothing.

Anyway, ready to go get Ending B, and since I have 93% of the weapons, I might as well go for the other two endings too. I ended up doing exactly the opposite of what I said I was gonna do. Man.

jett

D-Member
I guess Ending B isn't considered the final ending either? :p It was kinda meh, although I feel kinda silly that I didn't figure out who the Shadowlord was until just before the final boss in my B run. Obviously, I have no idea how the hell did all of this happened still. I'm not all that clear on the whole shade/human/relapse business either. I guess Ending C and D will clear it up further, or not!

I really liked how NG+ showed the other side of the game, the perspective of the so-called villains. It did give me a few feels, I gotta say. Too bad you as a player have no choice on what transpires.

Regarding NG++, I can safely skip all cut-scenes until the very end, right?

lolz at emil. I hope he comes back for Automata. Somehow.

Golnei

I really liked how NG+ showed the other side of the game, the perspective of the so-called villains. It did give me a few feels, I gotta say. Too bad you as a player have no choice on what transpires.

Regarding NG++, I can safely skip all cut-scenes until the very end, right?

lolz at emil. I hope he comes back for Automata. Somehow.

I actually think the lack of choice is the most important part - the reason why it worked so well was that it showed the wider context behind actions whose outcome you already knew; and couldn't be changed.

And you're right that there's no additional scenes in NG++ before the ending.

Also, it's been confirmed Emil will have some sort of role in Automata.

jett

D-Member
I actually think the lack of choice is the most important part - the reason why it worked so well was that it showed the wider context behind actions whose outcome you already knew; and couldn't be changed.

And you're right that there's no additional scenes in NG++ before the ending.

Also, it's been confirmed Emil will have some sort of role in Automata.

Yeah, you're right.

Well I got ending C. Kinda underwhelming. I guess I had different expectations, thought I may get an explanation for everything that transpired. :p I guess Taro wasn't interested in that. Life really sucked for that one character, though. :(

Sorry peeps but I just youtubed ending D, I wasn't going through the final dungeon again. I already knew the gimmick, so I was like whatevz. That uh sure was something.

Ending B was the best one, but I think I would've just preferred a single ending with a bit more substance overall.

Honestly, I thought the story just didn't really gel together at the end.

Really fun and interesting experience overall, took 30 hours out of my life. :p

Yeah I actually finished up all of the part 2 quests except the farming one and the fishing one, because no. I have like a dozen failed quests from part 1 than I can't do. That's the game no doubt doing me a solid. Let's be honest here people, these side quests are all pretty crap. There aren't any nice stories here like some of you said. :p I expected something out of the lighthouse and manor quests, but nada. Thirty minutes grinding for mysterious switches for nothing.

Anyway, ready to go get Ending B, and since I have 93% of the weapons, I might as well go for the other two endings too. I ended up doing exactly the opposite of what I said I was gonna do. Man.

The fishing quest is actually great and not hard at all. Man I love the endings to so many of the longer quest chains. Make sure you do "The despicable man" in particular.

Also fuck youtube.

PillarEN

Hold up. Isn't it during the C/D run that you hear all that crazy shit from the Shade that is inside of Kaine? I want OP to talk about that.

jett

D-Member
Hold up. Isn't it during the C/D run that you hear all that crazy shit from the Shade that is inside of Kaine? I want OP to talk about that.

Oh yeah I guess I didn't actually mention that. That was pretty neat, it did seem like some of Kaine's line on the first run didn't make much sense. :p I actually wish the Shade had talked more. It seemed like he only had a few lines.

Top Bottom