• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Immortals Fenyx Rising PS5 (2020)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The recent holiday next gen console situation had them being sold out in seconds, but Immortals Fenyx Rising would have been one of my choices for launch games (Console launch Nov. 2020, game released December 3, 2020).

79-807-074-V05.jpg

Immortals Fenyx Rising is a huge open world game that leans heavily on Ubisoft's open world abilities.

That open world is the core of Immortals Fenyx Rising, you'll have fun moving around but get exhausted if you don't upgrade your abilities. Navigating the world is easy and is set up through a compass.

Vaults are you how get upgrades, get paid in currencies and are designed to offer traditional puzzles, these levels are designed to make you move quick and beef you up to take on the final bad guy Typhon.

The story is a service to historic Greek mythology in ancient Greece.

IFR-final-complete-map-1212x1371.jpg

Untitled.png

Anywhere between 79-100 is considered successful, so Immortals Fenyx Rising is considered average.

Me? I think Immortals Fenyx Rising is no question a top 10 action adventure open world game, it's just a complete game that has the awe of discovering unique bosses, offering RPG-like elements to pound away at said bosses (every game has a little bit of RPG to it these days) and I could see this being an established franchise for Ubisoft down the road.

Screen_Recording_20201127-181723_Stadia_3.gif

What does GAF think?

Last edited:

Cravis

Enjoyed my time with it. It’s in the backlog to finish but I do plan to finish it along with the DLC.

Such a great game to just relax and explore after a long day at work.

GamesAreFun

Banned
Enjoyed the demo on PS4 then promptly forgot about it, waiting for the typical price drop. Now selling for £25, tempting.

iorek21

I'm enjoying it, but I can't bring myself to finish it. Been playing it since December 2020, but I just don't make enough progress.

I like it, but it feels like it lacks something to really hook me into it.

HotPocket69

Banned
Platted the PS4 version and will never touch it again. One and done and a great podcast game, just all other Ubisoft open worlds.

Humdinger

I enjoyed it. It's not perfect by any means -- the writing often falls flat, and they went completely overboard with the puzzles and vaults. The strong points are the combat, traversal, exploration, and upgrading. My personal score is 8.2. I enjoyed the second DLC, too.

What I appreciated most about it was that it was just a fun, lighthearted game that was enjoyable to play, moment-to-moment. I found it to be kind of a breath of fresh air.

Those vaults did get tedious, though. However, they were very toned down in the DLC, which could be a response to feedback. If so, that could mean vaults won't be so overdone in the sequel, assuming there is a sequel.

Last edited:
It sure is enjoyable, but I rarely feel the urge to play it so I haven't finished it yet. I think the writing, dialogue and acting is weak and the character design isn't very appealing to me.

But nevertheless, it's fun and relaxing and I really like the exploration. Puzzles are fun so far. I just wish it had.. That something.

Certinty

Not that it’s saying much but I had far more fun on this than Ass Creed Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion. It’s a shame this is the Ubisoft game that went under the radar.

But even despite that it’s a good game at best. Far too many flaws which hold it back from being great.

NeilH1982

Banned
I will wait for the complete edition or something

This. I've been so utterly turned off by Ubi's multi edition, DLC heavy, season pass tactics that I ignore anything they release until the whole game is out and in a reasonably priced package.

You guys mean the gold edition that has been available since launch and has been on sale for as low as $50 on all available platforms already ??

Anyway, awesome game. Enjoyed it more than The latest Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed really is my jam, baby. It was what BOTW should have been. An open world with actual stuff to do and an actual engaging and at times funny story

darkleemar

Neo Member
This game was a complete surprise for me. An absolute gem and one of the few games I have played recently where I couldn't stop playing. It looked gorgeous, the gameplay was extremely fun and easy to get into, and it wasn't one of those games that felt long just to be long. Easy 9/10 for me. Would be a 10/10 but the humor was a tad cringey at times for my liking.

Kilau

Gold Member
You guys mean the gold edition that has been available since launch and has been on sale for as low as $50 on all available platforms already ?
Speaking only for myself, I’m referring to the season pass content. I don’t buy games that do the season pass stuff until it’s all finished and released in one package.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Loved Immortals and hoping it becomes a franchise. Enjoyed The Myths of the Eastern Realm expansion as well. Looking forward to The Lost Gods.

CitizenZ

Banned
Absolute best game Ubisoft has published in years. As usual the DLC was disappointing but ok. The Eastern realm DLC should have been its own full game.

TheUsual

Gold Member
I've had a lot of fun with the game but I dropped it while I played some other games.
Definitely will pick up again and finish it.
More of an issue with me that I have to so many of the optional stuff in each area dragging on the game.

The controls can feel clunky at times. Try doing a double jump then Are's Wrath or glide then Are's Wrath with the default settings.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
finished nearly 99% of the main game and it's amazing, but highly regret buying the season pass as it feels so cheaply made.

SJRB

Gold Member
Really enjoyed my time with it when I had Ubisoft+ for a month, but I'm waiting on a good sale to pick it up again.

It's charming, funny, has a lighthearted atmosphere, the puzzles are good, fair and never frustrating. The combat is solid, the visuals are very nice. It's an excellent adventure game.

The release window was crowded as hell, but of the three Ubi titles that released late last year this one is by far the most enjoyable one.

Last edited:

Zimmy68

I'm enjoying it, but I can't bring myself to finish it. Been playing it since December 2020, but I just don't make enough progress.

I like it, but it feels like it lacks something to really hook me into it.
I am in the same boat. It is a very polished, fun game but most of the time I don't know what I am supposed to do next.
It seems the enemies are spread out so levelling up takes too long.
The terrain is also designed to keep you from doing too much exploring (deep valleys, not enough stamina).
The game needs that "just 5 more minutes and I will accomplish x" but doesn't have it.

OrionNebula

The recent holiday next gen console situation had them being sold out in seconds, but Immortals Fenyx Rising would have been one of my choices for launch games (Console launch Nov. 2020, game released December 3, 2020).

79-807-074-V05.jpg

Immortals Fenyx Rising is a huge open world game that leans heavily on Ubisoft's open world abilities.

That open world is the core of Immortals Fenyx Rising, you'll have fun moving around but get exhausted if you don't upgrade your abilities. Navigating the world is easy and is set up through a compass.

Vaults are you how get upgrades, get paid in currencies and are designed to offer traditional puzzles, these levels are designed to make you move quick and beef you up to take on the final bad guy Typhon.

The story is a service to historic Greek mythology in ancient Greece.

IFR-final-complete-map-1212x1371.jpg

Untitled.png

Anywhere between 79-100 is considered successful, so Immortals Fenyx Rising is considered average.

Me? I think Immortals Fenyx Rising is no question a top 10 action adventure open world game, it's just a complete game that has the awe of discovering unique bosses, offering RPG-like elements to pound away at said bosses (every game has a little bit of RPG to it these days) and I could see this being an established franchise for Ubisoft down the road.

Screen_Recording_20201127-181723_Stadia_3.gif

What does GAF think?

finished nearly 99% of the main game and it's amazing, but highly regret buying the season pass as it feels so cheaply made.

How did you guys feel about AC: Odyssey, though?
I almost started Fenyx, but stopped myself every time because I sort of expect AC:Odyssey with a BotW paint coat on it. How wrong am I?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
How did you guys feel about AC: Odyssey, though?
I almost started Fenyx, but stopped myself every time because I sort of expect AC:Odyssey with a BotW paint coat on it. How wrong am I?

Very wrong. AC Odyssey is one of my best games of all times, but has nothing to do with Fenyx except being based on Greek mythology. You can play Fenyx first then go back and play AC Odyssey or vice versa.

OrionNebula

Very wrong. AC Odyssey is one of my best games of all times, but has nothing to do with Fenyx except being based on Greek mythology. You can play Fenyx first then go back and play AC Odyssey or vice versa.
I see. But I didn’t mean about the mythology, though. I meant more about the usual ubi open world tropes I’m really getting tired of (moreso since Odyssey)
Are most of the side quests just vapid fetch quests?

Good to know also about Fenyx’s season pass. Thanks

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I see. But I didn’t mean about the mythology, though. I meant more about the usual ubi open world tropes I’m really getting tired of (moreso since Odyssey)
Are most of the side quests just vapid fetch quests?

Good to know also about Fenyx’s season pass. Thanks

Nah they feel completely different. So far didn't like the season pass, the first one. I'll push myself to finish it to go to the second one that has been released which might be better.

The base game overall is 9/10 to me.

Of the three next-gen titles Ubi launched this is by far my favourite. The Odyssey team stand tall while the Valhalla and Watch Dogs teams shat themselves.

mxbison

I enjoyed it a lot.

Feel like it got a lot of low scores because hating on openworld Ubisoft games is the cool thing to do.

SJRB

Gold Member
It's 50% off in the Playstation Store right now, for anyone on the fence.

Picked it up for PS5 over the weekend, having a good time with it!

Kenpachii

Played it a while ago and made review in the topic about it.

Base game is basically a better botw. If you like puzzling, and exploring this game will work well. the fling and combat works also extremely well. The dungeons are more interesting in my opinion. However they are getting stale and tedious as hell if you want to 100% them, would not advice it.

The story is short and to the point.

Lack of heroes, game isn't big its a 20-30 hour journey or 50 for 100%.

Enviroment looks good, legendary bosses are great. And frankly the humor is on the spot.

The combat is a bit of kingdom hearts mixed in with zelda, which makes it unique and interesting.

The season pass exists out of 3 dlc's.

First DLC = olympic
It's basically a city in the clouds where u can do extra stuff.

In short absolute the worst dlc i ever experienced, no time was spend on this one. Complete 180 from the main game.

Second DLC = china dlc. ( basically a new short china version of the main game entirely )

Basically china myth, a world and u can explore again. Great piece of content, looks sometimes pixal quality and has some new gods in it.
Again to short and lack of content in my view, but atleast its better then the first DLC. good 10 hour journey if you 100% it.

3rd dlc = a top down different thing entirely, gotta check out the trailer if you want to see what it is, as i didn't play it yet.

Bought the game for the same price as valhalla, and frankly while i had a blast in the first 30 hours. the game just lacked content, the dungeons overstayed there welcome, but the overworld and quests are great. The characters are great.
For 30 bucks i would say its worth it for the base game, maybe another 10 for the dlc's.

In comparison towards odyssey, the game has nothing in comparison with odyssey other then the engine and maybe how the map interacts with you its very much a different game.

Here's my review after the first day of playing:

no spoilers here so u can read it

19 hours in, completed the first starter area and the next one which is basically the first real big area. ( hard mode, as nightmare is locked until u complete hard mode )

Experience so far:

- Story is great, doesn't overstay its welcome and doesn't hinder exploration. The dialogue that does take place is short and snappy and that's how i like it. Gameplay in this game comes first that's for sure.

- I like the base where u upgrade and level everything in, absolutely lovely made isn't in the way and in someway is basically a mini vallhalla settlement camp with all the stuff that u need close together. really reminds me of that.

- The game is basically a mix of different games:

Here's a list of what i reminds me off.

-- kingdom hearts: the character kind of animations really look like that same as with dialogue, maybe even the fight style of it ( never really played the game much myself so yea can't say for sure )
-- zelda breath of the wild: map shows the idea, the stamina meter, the upgradeable weapons, no leveling, climbing, swimming, gear kinda and to some limited extent shrines. however one difference tho, far better worked out in immortals, its straight up a evolution of it. It will be hard going back to breath of the wild after this game
-- Older zelda's, bigger dungeons ( puzzles, encounters, puzzles, end boss, meaningful item out of it ), more puzzles and actually solving stuff with limited tools but combinations of them to move further with it. keeps it simple but still interesting.
-- ac odyssey, map design ( layout is botw ), with teleporting, icons on the map, etc etc but enhanced ( no longer u gotta synchronise with 70 teleporters, only 1 for each area so that's probably 5-6 total for the entire game, the teleports unlock the moment u in a new area or near a objective that u can teleport towards so no hassle here anymore
-- ac valhalla, settlement, kinda quest system.
-- kid icarus, never played the games but flying around kinda feels like that game.
-- ragnarok online, proc on weapons anybody? that's how my bow feels right now with its armor.

Example of it in gif style: ( grouping mobs up was never as fun as what i got going on right now )
386cee7769925b534e5f99f571512003.gif

Lots of things are fine tuned like.
- simple upgrade system ( u upgrade for example bow mastery at a armory kinda, and if you hit level 4, all bows no matter which one u pick up will have there second bonus 4th skill unlock unlocked. So u can swap gear whenever u want and not be holded back. ( big issue in valhalla where leveling is done on the gaer itself which locks you into choices and simple endless upgrading of gear or simple u can't because no materials

- talents that are interesting instead of bloating shit that nobody cares for like 1% hit, 2% dmg x400. ( didn't like the system in valhalla on this front oddysey and origin where better on it ). This game takes it to the next level, just 3 bow skills 100% headshot, guided arrow, mid air jump done. Want more? the bows themselves u pick up have all there own 2 skills with it which still makes the experience deep but more about finding gear etc instead of sitting in boring talent tree's.

- Over the top attacks. But not to much. Feels really like kingdom hearts kind of something but fun. here's a example in a gif. Would never work in ac games but in this game absolutely and makes fight that otherwise would be more of the same really interesting because it all depends on how the enemy stands and what compositions they have to what attack u will be launching or try to launch. Gives it a bit more depth something i missed with ac games.

10add58273eba04ac16039423782568c.gif

- puzzles, lots and lots of puzzles holy shit. From bigger puzzles to smaller puzzles to whole area's that are engulfed into one massive puzzle. Absolutely like it. It's something i missed in breath of the wild the shrines got old fast and this game is packed with them with all kinds of different ones. The rewards are also interesting something with zelda and oddysey often could be argued really.

For example after doing one dungeon i got a armor and it changed my fight style completely because of the bonuses. no upgrading or leveling needed just equip the armor and go and adjust.

- map is packed with content, but unlike odyssey which is riddled with marks everywhere same for valhalla ( vallhalla is fine tho they pruned it a lot ) this game has puzzles everywhere, u turn your ass around there is something. the world is far far from death like breath of the wild was. Its probably the most tightly packed content wise game i ever played. And none of it is boring but actually interesting because it keeps you thinking and unlocks more powerful skills + get gear that can make your playstyle completely different a hour later ( for example i was shooting boring arrows that just did dmg this morning its now one big explosion lightning show when shit procs lol what i got going on right now so good ).

- Bird is far from useless like in ac games and actually adds towards the gameplay now in a meaningful way i like it that u get a different skill from each bird and basically can really add it towards your gameplay.

- Game is hard. Really really hard in lots of encounters i faced. I got my ass handed to me so hard i simple just bailed on it until i get stronger lol. Mythical fights are insanely hard ( wind island ). But also some mobs have endless health to the point they hit u once u get combed or just instant killed while u gotta raid that boss for 10-15 minutes lol.

Example: ( i got basically deleted instantly ) and this is not a rare sight i get smashed a lot. The game is pretty darn hard in fights as u need to keep your surroundings in check.

cb7d100466d6fafa6ba4a300afad7ed6.gif

Mobs HP pools are also something else, in ac valhalla u can pretty much same with origin and odyssey 1 shot people, here sometimes u gotta 100 shot a mob because they ain't going down and they hit like trucks here a gif ( ending milisecond get deleted instantly "hard to see but cant find the fragment anymore in my 12 hour recording and its late u get it )

Also fun fact, was a 10 minute fight so yea.

b472e50467a00fdfd8adad4bed18a638.gif

conclusion.

Got a absolute blast so far, hope the game keeps up and the content keeps up, cant wait to jump in it tomorrow again.

Review after 100% the game:

100% the game the other day and will make a review about it.

Completed it on hard mode then when nightmare mode was unlocked did everything else on nightmare mode.

Played it on:
- highest settings on PC
- gold edition ( everything included )
- price 80 bucks.

Total play time: 60 hours for 150% it. ( will explain in bads )

Starting with the bads:

- Map is a mess, u gotta turn in circles like a retard for hours long in order to find all treasures u have missed at different locations and u always miss something. no clue why they went for this terrible system.
- map again, lots of icons are to big to the point they cover up to much of the map so u cant teleport without disabling stuff etc. this also needs to be fixed.
- crashes, it pretty frequently at times probably 15 crashes over 60 hours of gameplay tho so yea not that great.
- vaults 100% it can be extremely annoying to the point u probably want to ignore it to have a fun experience, reason for this is not good enough fine control of your character even while it requires it and a wonky physics system at times.
- cant get gear out of a vault once u completed it before, u gotta redo the entire vault and finish it all over again
- unclear at the start how vaults work, i though u had 3 difficulty modes and got the reward at the last difficulty for example, which wasn't the case so i basically had to redo all the vaults all over again when i figured that out.
- nightmare cannot be selected straight out, u gotta go through hard mode first. Not a good system.
- game statistics are completely off for this game, in 30 hours of gameplay i had more walking done then in valhalla in 140 hours, which is frankly impossible. I sit now at 2x the distance in vallhalla. its completely broken or basically they are lying on purpose to make there game look bigger then it really is.
- 100% isn't 100%. Half the content on the map wasn't even done by me when it was already on 100% no clue how they even calculate it, completely borked.
- Some gear and god talents are extremely overpowered to the point it breaks the game. Example freeze bow, u can freeze targets for 70% chance on hit with 6-7 seconds long apply towards the target or something. With 20 arrows u can practically spam u can basically freeze lock anything and everything to dust. Even the last boss i didn't saw a single attack he did he was perm frozen on the spot constantly until he was dead.
- game is way to small content wise u basically will complete the game if you don't 100% in 20-30 hours, for a console like game its fine, for a assassin creed kind of game its a joke.
- not worth its price currently for me, i paid 80 bucks version for the game and all dlc with the understanding i would get at least 100 hours at a minimum from the base game its more half that.
- game needs about 8 more gods in the game in my opinion.
- The game needs to be basically 3 times bigger then what we got now ( with reduced puzzles and loot systems ), a norse region with 2-3 lands and asian china with 2-3 lands added with it, and some bonus extra content like atlantis maybe area would have made the game feel like far more complete it just feels really lackbusting on content really at this point and frankly not worth its price again.

I got the feeling they stripped the dlc content away form the base game as result. AC valhalla had something like 23 maps, this game has what 5 maybe 6 as the middle part is nothig.

- game is not clear if u need to go to all area's and do a bit in each area or stay in one area until u are done. As quests send u all over the place.
- game pushes u into one direction if you go a certain build, because gods in those area's enhances that build u use for example.
- not enough map variety visually, there is only really 3 different enviroments. show icy one map, 2 maps forest and grass ( loved the looks of that ), barren and death are the rest. which made the game kinda samish a lot of the time.
- extra bonus quest was indeed lackbusting to say the least even worse then valhalla somehow. Terrible. not worth it.
- fly controls are wonky for fine movements which makes some vaults really difficult and frustrating.
- some skills / talents are needed to do certain content and u won't be able to do it without it. Luckily the game warns you sometimes about it but not all the time. which means u basically have to push yourself through the main skills aka story also with it in order to not walk into obstacles, not fun for exploration.
- while skill amounts is fine for the content that's in the game, i wish it had a bit more like another bow skill
- mount feels largely useless as flying and teleporting around is quicker and the content is so cramped together u just don't use it much, the running speed feels lackbusting and blurring the screen out while doing so is annoying.
- frame rate is kinda rough, i dropped frequently under the 60 fps at ultra settings on 1080p on a 1080ti. didn't expect that out of the game. But oh well still was doable i guess.
- normal walking animation which u probably never use is kinda iffy.
- gear skins could have been better they feel a bit disconnected from the armor pieces. which they went a bit more overboard with it. lots of the samish skins.
- i missed a massive city in this cartoon layout with actual villagers i always like that in ac games and frankly it felt kinda death on that front.
- skins u got from the gold edition where ugly and late to the party not worth it.
- missing rewards at the end of completing massive tasks at the end game that simple reward u practically nothing. dissapointing.

Now the good points:

- Absolutely lovely characters all throughout the game.
- humor was on point even while it was sometimes a bit to simplistic.U gotta like it ( ares area start was the best part i think )
- Main character looks good and the eyes are also really well done, no longer u have to look like a degenerate to please the ADHD kids out there also with the model of it.

9KaNLRS.jpg

bLaigfD.jpg

- visually the game looks stunning at times.

A few pictures i made.

yEQdDVP.jpg

BJ5iQSE.jpg

sGsMMdA.jpg

AeBlCYj.jpg

Sce5mAU.jpg

- Combat far better then ac games i played so far. The combat is snappy and fast and efficient. i tried to builds out 1 hunter build which i completed the main game with and 1 god build where god skills and sword where my main damage outputs. i ended up liked this more because it cleared stuff in nightmare quicker through more damage. It's a strong point of the game tho.

- Gear is well done in this game in my opinion. Its simple to understand and effective and easy to upgrade also
- upgrade process works well, easy to understand and upgrades feel worth it to the point u really want to get the coins for it.
- skills all have their own meaning, specially the aoe spikes and hammer with one getting faster to the breaking point of a mob is really well done.
- upgrade base is solid, nothing special but it works well. I like that the game has one central point u always go back towards much like valhalla.
- mount control is good the instant summoning makes the mount snappy
- flying is great as they did it for vaults less efficient but outside world is solid and works well. i like the mana potions so u don't really have to get x amount of mana in order to get to certain places u can just pot up and go.
- materials where easy to find and well done, never had a issue with it unlike in valhalla where materials like titanium where simple not found enough.
- game feels hard at the early game which i like.
- really liked the mythical bosses in the game.

puzzles / vaults etc.

the game has lots of different kind of puzzles i will split them up to make them easy to understand.

1) open world small easy puzzles
2) combat puzzle, where combat is involved but also simple simple puzzle solving
3) more like small even puzzles that require u to do things on timed solution or have to figure out a thing in the open world that unlocks a door.
4) main quest bigger end puzzles, a more bigger broader puzzle still in the outside world
5) vaults are basically shrines that go from easy to super hard that can take up to a half hour or a hour.
6) end main quest from a god dungeon, which is basically a bigger dungeon with multiple encounters and puzzles in it with a end boss encounter feels more like zelda like type of content.

The puzzles in general where unique and fun to go through, some were a bit difficult at times but in general they were pretty easy to do so. Not any bug was found with any puzzle i encountered and frankly it was a solid experience. I liked it far more than breath of the wild that simple didn't had much going on for it in the overworld. I do wish they made the land itself a bit more bigger so a mount would have made some sense and the content was a bit more spread out at times. The only issue was the armors in vaults. I personally got kinda burnt out on vauls real quick the moment they started to focus on fine movement which simple isn't doable well.

- Story was solid i liked it, not to much talking and dialogue that took u away from the game and it was fine.
- I liked the voices throughout your playthrough gives it a extra dimension.
- story is not in the way of the gameplay big plus here.

Conclusion

I had a lot of fun with it, however i can't ignore to feel that the game lacks content specially as it carries the same price as valhalla which absolutely curbstomps it content wise and feels like a far more bigger budget project entirely. The game should be cheaper or they should have cooked the title for a lot longer. Its a huge let down for me to the point that if the dlc's are not going to provide a huge amount of content equal towards the base game if not bigger actually, i will probably not buy there game again on launch day.

Now i get it, some people will be fine with 8 hours of gameplay for 60 bucks, other gamers will be happy with 20 hours of content for 60 bucks, i personally want hundreds of hours out of 60 bucks because that's my standard when i buy games these days and with that even games like valhalla are just on the edge of enough content for me to validate the price tag of 80 bucks. This game seriously needs a content update and a big one at that for me personally make it feel worth it and i will wait for the dlc for that to happen. The ball is in ubisoft court on that front.

Anyway. that was it.

First DLC review:

First DLC review

Immortals Fenyx Rising - A New God

Short:

Terrible.

Long version:

Absolute zero effort and the most lazies shit i ever saw.

Honestly there is nothing to review here, its a bunch of vaults the end. Would avoid unless u really really liked the vaults and want a bunch more of them.

The main thing that rubbed me into the negative direction after i completed the game was, the lack of content for the same price as valhalla they asked for. Which was something i didn't like. However the game is gorgeous at times.

But still the game is great, and absolutely worth if you can get it on a reduced price.

Anyway can't find my review of the second DLC for some reason.

Last edited:
Played it with uplay+, it was too easy and half way got boring and repetitive. Had no reason to push forward because the writing was shit even tho I laughed a bit. Its the kind of game you play when theres nothing else and you just rly wanna chill/waste time.

Marty-McFly

Banned
I'm going to call it what it is, a poor mans BOTW.

The only things I liked about were ripped straight off from BOTW, everything else they tried to add to it felt poorly implemented.

Played for about 10 hours. Fun but does seem kind of average in the sense of been there, done that before. If you get it on the cheap you should be able enjoy it for what it is.

sephiroth7x

Got this sat in my collection - I have to ask, with this being Ubi - how is it in comparison to AC Valhalla?

I know they look totally different but all Ubi games are built the same. Valhalla has bored me to tears - I am pushing through but it literally has no redeeming features at all. Is this the same? Or is it closer to Origins or Far Cry or is it totally new experience/spin on the same formula? Just don't want to be bored again.

Got this sat in my collection - I have to ask, with this being Ubi - how is it in comparison to AC Valhalla?

I know they look totally different but all Ubi games are built the same. Valhalla has bored me to tears - I am pushing through but it literally has no redeeming features at all. Is this the same? Or is it closer to Origins or Far Cry or is it totally new experience/spin on the same formula? Just don't want to be bored again.

generally the process of "look at map, find activity, do activity" is the same but it's more puzzle orientated than any of those games, so where in AC/FC games you'll need to clear an encampment to get some loot here you'll need to complete a puzzle...there are dungeons, speed challenges, memory games etc alongside the usual combat, for which there is (a little) more variety in enemy types than Valhalla just by virtue of it being fantastical

Roufianos

I'm going to call it what it is, a poor mans BOTW.

The only things I liked about were ripped straight off from BOTW, everything else they tried to add to it felt poorly implemented.
I mean, I liked the game but I don't think most people would take issue with that statement.

BotW is one of the best games I've ever played and I'm not even a Zelda fan. This was a solid 8/10 at best in my opinion.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'll probably get this on the PS4 at some point. Honestly, I probably would have bought it at launch had I known it was on PS4 but I was under the impression that it was nex-gen exclusive. I've kind of lost interest now but it does look like something I'd enjoy playing.

Top Bottom