• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Hitman 2 is Awsome

Ladioss

'Silent Assassin, Suit Only' GotG. I still can't believe we have episode 3 coming this month given how rocky IO's journey has been since 2016.

Kuranghi

They’ve announced Hitman 2 progress (plus Hitman 1, if you have that inside 2) will carry over into 3. That includes all the unlocked gadgets and weapons to cheese the new levels haha.

Its good that it carries over for things like the poison syringe but I think I'll stop myself from using the Disposeable Scrambler until I know where the keycards are so it doesn't ruin the new levels. Will be fun to blow the shit out of everything straight away though haha, 3x rubber ducks/demo blocks ftw lol

Oh this reminds me I must preorder to get those 3 coloured suits, the red one is silly as hell. I don't think I'll bother with the Deluxe edition since I'll use the gold mask suit once and then never again... oh but wait it might have unique dialogue!:

"Ho-ho-hold it right there"

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Its good that it carries over for things like the poison syringe but I think I'll stop myself from using the Disposeable Scrambler until I know where the keycards are so it doesn't ruin the new levels. Will be fun to blow the shit out of everything straight away though haha, 3x rubber ducks/demo blocks ftw lol

Oh this reminds me I must preorder to get those 3 coloured suits, the red one is silly as hell. I don't think I'll bother with the Deluxe edition since I'll use the gold mask suit once and then never again... oh but wait it might have unique dialogue!:

"Ho-ho-hold it right there"

"You gonna let me sit on your lap. Heh. You wish--I know what happened last time."

Kuranghi

"You gonna let me sit on your lap. Heh. You wish--I know what happened last time."

I love that they keep referring to this "Ramon" guy who loves dressing as Santa and who generally fucks with the other guards by dressing up lol.

A lot of my favourites, that I have a hard time finding video of are listed here:

Excerpt from that page:

That NPC may look concerned, but trust me, he gives zero fucks.

That NPC may look concerned, but trust me, he gives zero fucks.
Certain player actions cause NPC reactions. I was caught dragging a body, which prompted "How about you show some respect? He's not a sack of potatoes!" This led to a fistfight with a guard, whose buddy came running up in the middle of it and said, "Yeah, get 'em Steve!" I promptly knocked Steve out, so his buddy said, "It's okay; next time, Steve" and then shot me in the face.

Later, when I punched a guy within earshot of another guard, he wondered aloud, "Did I just hear somebody open up a can of whoopass?" Then I bailed out of a window onto a ledge and an NPC caught me hanging there, who hilariously deadpanned "Don't do it; you have so much to live for." The voice work and delivery is great overall, but that line in particular was perfect.

One of the best is when a guard sees you doing stupid stuff like continually taking cover or throwing items around within his FOV he might say:

"Are you retarded? You have to tell me if you are!"

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

hard_boiled

Neophyte
I enjoyed Hitman 2, but was not happy when I saw that additional missions would cost even more money ($20 a piece I think). I think the Gold Edition on steam includes everything for $100.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
For someone who absolutely adores Metal Gear Solid and early Splinter Cell games, I have a very hard time getting into this series. I bought Hitman 2 last year and couldn't gain enough interest to move past the first level. It's hard not to compare the game to the kings of stealth, but I am getting the idea that the Hitman games are going for something different, that either I'm just not into, or I haven't been able to wrap my head around fully enough to appreciate.

R6Rider

Gold Member
For someone who absolutely adores Metal Gear Solid and early Splinter Cell games, I have a very hard time getting into this series. I bought Hitman 2 last year and couldn't gain enough interest to move past the first level. It's hard not to compare the game to the kings of stealth, but I am getting the idea that the Hitman games are going for something different, that either I'm just not into, or I haven't been able to wrap my head around fully enough to appreciate.
Hitman is a different type of stealth and entirely different style of gameplay than MGS and Splinter Cell.

Hitman is basically a playground in which you can achieve using any method you can think of or using items/outfits found in the level. You could try following the Opportunities provided in the game or go for some of the challenges. From there you could go for your own attempts and challenges. At its core, Hitman is about interacting with the environment and NPCs to kill your targets. This allows players to create crazy situations, plan out ridiculous kills, and cause chain events to achieve the goal.

In the end though, not all games are for everyone so no harm if you simply don't enjoy the gameplay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom