• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lttp: Gravity Rush WTF WAS THAT ENDING (spoilers obviously)

Bebpo

Banned
Uhhhhhhh, so I just got around to playing Gravity Rush 1 after all these years. Game was totally different from what I expected. Went in expecting some vita launch title where you go around small cities and do some missions for 4-6 hours and that's it.

The art was good, especially the cutscenes which are some of my favorite cutscenes in a while. The episode titles are lovely graphic design. Music was nice too.

Gameplay was just ok initially, but kinda had a Gunvalkyrie-esque curve where I was sticking to main missions only until the endgame and then I was actually good at the game and the challenge races were all suddenly a lot of fun so ended up enjoying the gameplay quite a bit. Combat was always the weakest part. Was fine, but just nothing special.

Anyhow, the story was fun, liked the writing and the characters. Then mystery door and god man and hey this kinda interesting, then you head down the tree and woah, suddenly this is a very cool Team Ico adventure! Lost tribe and world of dreams, a city in the sky where Kat's a queen, the mysterious origin of the Nevi and how they connect to crazy universe cat and everything. The world outside time, etc.. etc...

Plot was real interesting! All these mysteries coming together, leading up to the ending. Then get back to the city and oh hey military demonstration, giant ball goes crazy, short boss fight...THE END.

What the fuck! The plot feels like you're 2-3 chapters from the ending that explains everything and but it just ends abruptly and absolutely zip is explained in the entire game.

Like I'm glad they got to make a sequel, because otherwise leaving it as a 1 game franchise with that ending is just bullshit!

So uh, before I jump into GR2, does GR2 finish the plot? Or is it like the middle game in a trilogy that explains a little more but raises more mysteries and nothing is resolved? Because screw the gameplay, main reason I want to play GR2 now is I want a damn ending.

PS. Game was the most Ghilbi game I've ever played. Felt closer to Ghibli than any of the Level 5 joints did.

Haven't beat GR2 yet, but from what I undestand, GR2 is like GR2 and 3 combined. the first half of the game didnt explain any of the question you have from GR1 ending. But the second half will supposedly deal with that.

Tailzo

I finished both Gravity Rush 1 and 2. It's been a while since I played Gravity Rush 1 (I played it as soon as it released for Vita), so I was kinda confused by the beginning of Gravity Rush 2. It didn't feel like it dealt with anything from the first game.

But, as I played more, certain well known characters from the first game appeared. When Gravity Rush 2 ended, it didn't feel like I needed a Gravity Rush 3. But yeah, good games :) Also I agree, it's very Ghibli like. Also with the imaginary language, and crazy world, it has a bit of Panzer Dragoon Saga too I think.

Alucrid

Banned
I finished both Gravity Rush 1 and 2. It's been a while since I played Gravity Rush 1 (I played it as soon as it released for Vita), so I was kinda confused by the beginning of Gravity Rush 2. It didn't feel like it dealt with anything from the first game.

But, as I played more, certain well known characters from the first game appeared. When Gravity Rush 2 ended, it didn't feel like I needed a Gravity Rush 3. But yeah, good games :) Also I agree, it's very Ghibli like. Also with the imaginary language, and crazy world, it has a bit of Panzer Dragoon Saga too I think.

there's also an animated short that connects the two

Ferr986

Gravity Rush 2 does finish the plot. How it does it's another story lol

But GR2 is more of the same so if you liked 1 you'll like 2.

Bebpo

Banned
Gravity Rush 2 ties up all the loose ends beautifully, don't you worry - you're in for one hell of a ride. :)

Awesome. Really looking forward to it. Popped the disc in and did the intro and it was really cool. GR feels kinda like a interesting jrpg like Skies of Arcadia or something plot-wise.

Awesome. Really looking forward to it. Popped the disc in and did the intro and it was really cool. GR feels kinda like a interesting jrpg like Skies of Arcadia or something plot-wise.

There are many things I love about GR2...Core mechanics and presentation are top tier. But be prepared for some head scratching decisions in game design. Side missions can also be very tedious.

NateDog

I only played GR for the first time recently myself and was quite disappointed by it. I liked the art style in places, some of the platforming and loved the OST. But I thought a lot of the game was very repetitive, a lot of areas were very samey and combat and plot were pretty poor and kind of irritating at times. I feel like the premise had a lot of potential but it wasn't realised which is why I do want to try GR2, but it likely won't be for a fair while.

Top Bottom