• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Ghost of tsushima

kikkis

It took me 4 months to almost finish this game. Kind of had to force myself to finish it but I did anyways. Well sort of since I, skipped very last fight since I felt it was unneeded and yet another difficulty spike. Difficulty balancing was all over the place in general, either dull hack and slash or just some swordsponge boss.

Combat was well done animation wise but I never got the hang of dodging red attacks, It just felt incredibly inconsistent. Not a fan of whole red attacks either, devs really need to figure out something better for these type of things. Healing mechanic was dumb, sometimes you just went to boss fight with hardly any resolve to heal. Also there was too many mechanics that didn't add any depth to gameplay, like stances. You just press a button depending what kind of enemy type it is for correct stance and that is it. Story had good set pieces to it, but all those melodramatic moments were just frustrating to go through and overall I wasn't interested in any of the characters or the plot.

I don't know why this game didn't grab me it all even though in many ways its better than ac odyssey which grabbed me fully. Graphics or the visuals were the best part of this game. Other than that I don't really have many good things to say about this game.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
It took me 4 months to almost finish this game. Kind of had to force myself to finish it but I did anyways. Well sort of since I, skipped very last fight since I felt it was unneeded and yet another difficulty spike. Difficulty balancing was all over the place in general, either dull hack and slash or just some swordsponge boss.

Combat was well done animation wise but I never got the hang of dodging red attacks, It just felt incredibly inconsistent. Not a fan of whole red attacks either, devs really need to figure out something better for these type of things. Healing mechanic was dumb, sometimes you just went to boss fight with hardly any resolve to heal. Also there was too many mechanics that didn't add any depth to gameplay, like stances. You just press a button depending what kind of enemy type it is for correct stance and that is it. Story had good set pieces to it, but all those melodramatic moments were just frustrating to go through and overall I wasn't interested in any of the characters or the plot.

I don't know why this game didn't grab me it all even though in many ways its better than ac odyssey which grabbed me fully. Graphics or the visuals were the best part of this game. Other than that I don't really have many good things to say about this game.
What difficulty were you playing on? I don't think I remember any difficulty spikes

Ghost is a masterpiece for me but I'm also biased towards martial arts and samurai stuff

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Normal, first boss was pretty much impossible for instance before i quit the mission to farm materials and do those bamboo strikes
Ohh. Sounds like you just need to parry and get the dodge timing down for the red unblockable attacks. The combat in Ghost is top tier IMO

Last edited:
The only thing i didnt like about ghosts was that you had this massive open world with trees and houses ect but as soon as you go and try and hit a tree with a sword
nothing happens...this is what it felt like
samurai fails GIF by World’s Funniest

Pretty much every Samurai movie has scenes fighting in trees and showing off how sharp their swords are but nothing happens...just breaks the immersion in a beautiful world

Loved the game outside of that

Business

I personally couldn't get into it. The intro was fine but as soon as the busywork started with markers on the map I got bored and the actual stealth/combat just weren't worth it, I felt like I had played the same game a thousand times before. The oversaturated colors and supernova sun really put me off as well. I may give it another chance on PS5 because I kinda wanted to like it... will see.

Top Bottom